剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
with a bad one.
他明天就上庭了
He's going to court tomorrow.
好 等等
Okay. Wait.
-跟我来 -去哪
- Come with me. - Where?
别疑神疑鬼的
Don't be so suspicious.
跟我来就是了
Just come with me.
等等
Uh, wait.
什么 不能让你一个人面对
What? You're not doing this alone.
-弗斯先生 -莉兹
- Mr. Firth. - Liz.
-阿德里安去哪了 -纽约
- Where's Adrian? - New York.
去参加一个法律论♥坛♥
At a legal conference.
你们两个认识吗
You two know each other?
-不太熟 -认...
- Not so much. - Ye...
-就算认识吧 -我们一起...
- But to a certain degree. - But we did the...
-弄过一个案子 -对
- the one case. - Sure.
-是 -好吧
- Yeah. - Okay.
所以我需要你私下帮卡勒布弄一个
So, I need you to help Caleb with a case in military court
军事法庭的案子
as a personal favor.
我希望让卡勒布多参与这里的工作
I'd like Caleb to stay involved with things down here.
-行吗 -没问题
- Okay? - Sure.
谢谢
Thanks.
-我没找他... -我知道
- I didn't ask... - I know.
-你也不用... -没事
- And you don't have to... - No, it's...
工作而已
It's my job.
听我说...
Listen, um...
我只想让你知道
I just want you to know
我之前从没做过这样的事情
that I've never done anything like that before.
我也没有 等一下 我们说的是哪个事
Me, neither. Wait, what are we talking about?
一起那什么
Going off together.
我离婚之后就没和任何人在一起过
Um, I-I haven't been with anyone since my divorce.
就只是实验一下
It was just experimentation.
-是吧 -对
- Right? - Right.
我们也翻篇了
And we move on.
对 翻篇
Exactly. Moving on.
是什么案子
So, uh, what's the case?
德马库斯·莱尼下士
Corporal Demarcus Laney.
他是和我一起在巴格兰省服役的战友
He's a friend I served with in the Baghlan Province.
-你在部队待了多长时间 -五年
- How long were you in the Army? - Five years.
你看着不像那种类型的
You don't seem like the type.
-什么类型 -我也说不好
- What's the type? - I don't know.
反正不像你风格
J-Just not you.
巴格兰省在哪
Where is Baghlan Province?
阿富汗
Afghanistan.
莱尼作了对一位上级的不利证明
Laney testified against a superior
承认他蓄意破坏了他的狙♥击♥枪♥
and admitted he'd sabotaged his sniper rifle.
第二天 他上级杀死了一位阿富汗翻译
Next day, his superior killed an Afghan translator,
他们怪罪是莱尼蓄意破坏的
and they're blaming Laney's sabotage.
他为什么要破坏枪
Why'd he sabotage the gun?
因为他的上级触犯了战争罪
Because his superior was committing war crimes.
莱尼不想让他用枪杀人
Laney wanted to keep the rifle from firing.
好吧 我们...
Okay, well, we'll...
我们抓紧申请诉讼延期争取一些时间
We'll get a quick continuance to buy us some time.
全体起立
All rise.
好了
Okay.
朱利叶斯·凯恩法官
到哪一步了
Where are we on this?
原告准备好进行庭审了 法官阁下
Plaintiff is ready to proceed, Your Honor.
被告请求法庭给予60天的诉讼延期
Defense asks the court for a continuance of 60 days.
法官阁下 他们这是第四次申请延期了
Your Honor, that would be their fourth continuance.
我周四在第七区巡回上诉法♥院♥
I'm arguing an appeal before the Seventh Circuit
有个申诉 我也没办法
on Thursday. Can't be helped.
法官阁下 前两次延期获批是因为
Your Honor, the last two continuances were granted
詹森先生要出差去取证
because Mr. Jansen was going out of town for depositions.
再之前 他在休假
Before that, he was on vacation.
诉讼律师也需要休假
Even litigators need a holiday.
这是想让我们弹尽粮绝
This is a way to starve our case.
他们资产雄厚 能跟我们耗得起
They are a deep pocket who can outwait us.
他们会不断申请延期
They'll get constant continuances,
然后他们再上诉
and then afterwards, they'll appeal.
一而再再而三地上诉
And then they'll appeal those appeals,
不是因为他们觉得自己能赢
and not because they think that they can win
而是因为他们知道我们没那么多钱
but because they know we don't have the money
把官司一直打下去
to keep the case going.
我们就只好放弃
So we'll quit.
同意延期60天
60-day continuance granted.
此为最终决定
Marked final.
全体起立
All rise.
我的天啊
My God.
看看你自己
Look at yourself.
走开 你根本不存在
Go away. You don't exist.
说得太对了 一位有原则的保守派
You're damn right. A conservative with principles?
这里好像没有这样的人
There don't seem to be any of those around here.
你要坚持自己的原则很简单
Well, it's very easy for you to stay true to your principles.
你又没生活在现实世界中
You don't live in the real world.
继续 为你变成现在这样找借口
Go ahead. Make excuses for what you've become.
现在什么样子
What's that?
一位糟糕的法官
A bad judge.
有人将一张写有"618号♥备忘录"的纸
Someone slides a piece of paper across your desk
放在你桌上 你就会乖乖听话
with "Memo 618," and you fold like origami.
是啊 那...
Yeah, well...
立正
Attention!
稍息
At ease.
黎奥拉·库恩法官
中士
Sergeant.
莱尼下士 指派给你的律师
Corporal Laney, what was wrong
有什么问题吗
with the attorney assigned to you?
我更希望由我现在的律师来辩护 法官阁下
I prefer the ones I have now, Your Honor.
军队不会支付平民律师的费用
The Army doesn't pay for civilian counsel.
我们律所无偿代理这个案子 法官阁下
Our firm has taken the case pro bono, Your Honor.
他不用为我们的服务付费
He will not be charged for our services.
军队律师接受过专门训练
Military attorneys receive specialized training.
我曾服军役 法官阁下 我是加林中士
I've served in the Army, Your Honor. Sergeant Garlin.
你在军队接受过法律培训吗
You have legal training in the Army?
没有 长官
No, ma'am.
我们明白民事辩护与军事辩护之间
We understand there are differences between civilian
存在很大差别
and military practice and, uh,
我们请求延期给予我们时间
we move for a continuance to give us time
来熟悉案件和军事法庭审判的
to familiarize ourselves with the case and the rules
-规则 -驳回申请
- of court-martial. - Denied.
法官阁下 我们只是想确保一场公正的审判
Your Honor, we are only trying to ensure a fair trial.
我也一样 迟来的正义非正义
So am I -- justice delayed is justice denied.
莱尼下士不会仅因拒绝指派律师
Corporal Laney will not get extra time
而获得额外的时间
just for rejecting the counsel provided to him.
明天早上九点开始开庭陈述
Opening statements begin tomorrow at 0900 hours.
也许到时候能有一把像样的椅子
Maybe we can get a real chair by then.
此处应有一张沙发爆♥炸♥
此处应有一张会议桌爆♥炸♥
我去准备证据
I'll get the exhibits ready.
好的 杰
Okay. Jay!
这是一份曾与我们辩护的士兵
Listen, this is a list of men who served in Afghanistan
一同在阿富汗服役的士兵名单
with a soldier that we're defending.
你看看他们是否会为他作证
Can you see if they'll testify for him?
你什么时候需要
When do you need them?
我们明天开庭 尽快
We're in court tomorrow, so hurry.
好的
Okay.
你的律所在军事法庭上辩护过吗
Your firm argue in military court?
戴安
Diane?
那只鸟一直在盯着我
That bird has been staring at me.
好吧
Okay.
已经有十分钟了
It's been there for ten minutes.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
我很好 抱歉
Oh, yes, sorry.
我只是无事可干
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表