剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
of their 40 new hires, and someone online posted
指出照片里没有一张黑人面孔
that there wasn't a single black face in it.
然后他们修图修出了三个黑人
And then they photoshopped in three black faces.
真是这么做的
They really did that.
他们收♥购♥我们是为了员工集体照的
They bought us to put us in their pictures.
让我感觉人间真情
Oh, makes me feel warm all over.
好消息就是他们需要我们
Well, the good news is that they need us.
不仅是这层楼的业务
Not-not just the floor.
他们需要我们
They need us.
随便你想怎么做
So do what you want.
他们不会炒了我们的
'Cause they ain't gonna fire us.
-不好意思 -杰 你说
- Excuse me. - Yeah. Jay.
好
Okay.
我觉得我们应该摊开来谈
I think we should put it on the table.
-谈什么 -要假装
- Put what on the table? - It's uncomfortable
这里气氛不尴尬是不可能的
to pretend that someone didn't violate the space,
就开诚布公的谈吧
so let's just talk about it.
是谁投诉的
Who filed the complaint?
杰 你这样太不合适了
Jay, that is completely inappropriate.
如果我们这样小心翼翼
How can we have an honest conversation
处理那个投诉的情况
about reparations and the things black people in this country
我们又怎能开诚布公地
have experienced when we're tiptoeing around
讨论赔偿和全国黑人的真实状况
how this complaint is being handled?
这里的每个人
Everyone in this room,
在这家律所 都有权在认为合适的时候
at this firm, has the right to go to HR
去找人力部 而不用担心被报复
as they see fit, without fear of retribution.
我不是说报复...
I'm not talking about pay back...
-杰 我不需要你帮我 -这不是为你
- Okay, Jay, I don't need you to fight this battle for me. - It's not for you.
我觉得大家有权知道
I think we all have a right to know.
得了吧 我宁可自刎也不会主动找人力
Oh, come on, I'd rather cut my wrists than go to HR willingly.
让我难以接受的是
What kills me is that
律所担心的不是种族问题是否存在
this company is more concerned about making sure
而是在外人眼中
that they seem racially sensitive
是否凸显了种族问题
instead of actually being racially sensitive.
没错 那句引言令人心碎
Yeah, that quote was heartbreaking.
说话的人得到的指责
And the only thing that person got from it
却只是一个脏字
was that a bad word was said?
-好激烈啊 -是啊 欢迎你
- This looks intense. - Yeah. Welcome.
没错这是血腥历史里的一个沾满血的词
Yes, it's a violent word with a violent history.
但是全体黑人每天都与它共存
But black people reckon with it every day.
这是属于我们的词
It's our word.
我们用它 或者不用它
If we use it, if we don't use it,
什么时候用 在哪里用
when we use, where we use it...
你们白人无权有意见
You don't get to have an opinion.
-自♥由♥使用那个词就是我们要的赔偿 -好
- Autonomy over that word is our reparations. - Then good.
-你们不需要我们白人在这里 -等等
- You don't need us white people here. - Just wait, wait, wait.
不 你也听到了
No, you heard him.
-他不希望我们在场 -我觉得我们应该
- He doesn't want us here. - I think we should go back
-回归讨论初始的人员构成 -等等
- to the original group on this project. - Hang on a second.
你并不能肯定是白人告的密
You don't know for sure that it was a white person who snitched.
-任何人都可能 -我倒觉得
- It could have been anyone. - Yeah, well, I think we know
最可能的嫌犯一目了然
who the most likely suspects are.
-去死吧女人 -喂
- Go to hell, lady. - Whoa.
各位 相互尊重
Hey. Show some respect.
我同意杰
I agree with Jay.
打从调整人员组成开始
This conversation has completely derailed
这些谈话就开始失控
ever since we changed the group dynamics.
但引入更多不同视角 这一点仍然很重要
It's still important to get different perspectives and points of view.
-显然是有限度的 -限度永远存在
- But clearly, there's a limit. - There's always limits.
而不管什么种族
And the person who always gets to draw the line,
去划定界限的总是手握最多权力的人
regardless of race, is the person with the most power.
阿德里安 你才是过分把持大权的人
Adrian, you hold the power in this room and out of it.
有时大家不得不换别的方式
Sometimes people have to find alternative ways
以营造公平的竞争环境
to level the playing field.
这也正是人力资源部存在的原因
And that's exactly why departments like human resources exist.
所以... 是你投诉的
So... you filed the complaint?
别回答 他无权提问
Don't answer that. He has no right to ask.
谁投诉的不重要
It doesn't matter who filed it,
我也不关心那个词是说的谁
and I don't care who the N-word belongs to.
如果一个黑人不想在工作场合听到这个词
Every black person should have the choice not to hear it
他就应该有选择不要听到的权利
in their workplace if they don't want to.
尤其这还白纸黑字写在雇主政策里
Especially when it's literally part of the employer's policy.
如果不想听到那个词
We can all come up with reasons
我们都能想出若干理由
why we don't want to hear the word.
但归根结底 我们是要直面历史
But when it comes down to it, you're confronting the past,
-这个过程充满痛苦 -不应该逃避过去
- and it's painful. - And there's no avoiding it.
所以在取证间歇我们也要直面历史吗
So we're supposed to confront the past between depositions?
很可能在场也有人倾向于不要在工作场合
Perhaps some of us would prefer to do our emotional heavy lifting
处理这种令人心烦的事情
outside the office.
马德琳 这些可以私下谈的
Madeline, we could have talked about this privately.
没理由投诉到楼上
There was no reason to go upstairs.
因为你是领头合伙人
Oh, you want special treatment
就想要特殊待遇 是吗
because you're a big-name partner?
然而 现在楼上的人才是领头的
Well, the people upstairs are the big names now,
而且我们应该遵守这间律所的规则
and I think we should follow the rules of the firm
一开始也是你让我们加入的
you made us join.
如果是你投诉的 至少得承认吧
If you filed the complaint, at least own it.
杰 我知道你不这么认为
Jay, I know you don't see it this way,
但你搞出来的这番闹剧
but this little stunt you pulled...
就是在威胁
it's called intimidation.
我知道有点过火
I know it's a bit heated.
太过火了
More than heated.
我们团队中有很多充满激♥情♥的人
We have a lot of intensely passionate people on our team,
他们的态度都很坚决
and their opinions are unwavering.
而且这个讨论本身就挺棘手
And it's a difficult subject matter.
民♥主♥党♥国♥委会十分赞赏你们的创新精神
Listen, everyone at the DNC applauds your innovation.
毫无疑问你们是在另辟蹊径
You've obviously chosen the most off-beaten path.
只是我们不太确定这个方向是否真的合适
We're just not sure this is the right direction for us.
感谢你们的努力
Thanks for your efforts.
-弗兰克 -谢了 阿德里安
- Frank... - Thanks, Adrian.
蒂姆和马克斯在订午饭
Tim and Marcus are ordering lunch.
蒂姆拿马科斯喜欢吃西瓜来逗他
Tim teases Marcus about how much he loves watermelon.
蒂姆说马科斯的键盘黏黏哒哒
He accuses Marcus of having a sticky keyboard,
几位同事大笑一番 大家回去继续工作
and after a few coworkers laugh, they move on with their day.
有谁认为这种互动是不错的
Who would say that was a good interaction?
好的 有谁认为这种状况令人不适
Okay. Who would say that was an uncomfortable situation?
有谁认为这种状况不可接受
Who would say that was unacceptable?
我都不知道还有比不适更负面的选项
I didn't know we could choose worse than uncomfortable.
可以换吗
Can I change my vote?
你没举过手
You didn't raise your hand.
大家都要参与进来
We need everyone to participate.
我不知道马科斯
I don't know Marcus.
他有可能真的喜欢吃西瓜呢
Maybe he really likes watermelon.
蒂姆的评论有可能是正确的呢
Maybe Tim was correct in his commentary.
马科斯不吃西瓜
Marcus does not eat watermelon.
那蒂姆就是种族歧视
Then Tim is a racist.
卡莉和玛丽在洗手间抚摸彼此的头发
Karly and Marie are touching up their hair in the bathroom...
-你有情绪啊 -这是扯淡
- You're in a mood. - This is bullshit.
欢迎来到美国企业
Welcome to corporate America.
-所有人都得学 -也不是
- We all have to do it. - Not everyone.
是的 所有人
No, everyone.
那阿德里安 莉兹 戴安呢
You see Adrian, Liz, Diane?
他们也要上课
They still have to do it.
只是不和我们底层人♥民♥一道
Just not with the peasants.
你叫我吗 雷迪克女士
You needed me, Ms. Reddick?
-没错 卡勒布 是吧 -是的
- Yes. Caleb, right? - Right.
我是想感谢你帮我们应付楼上
I just wanted to thank you for helping us out upstairs.
应该的 分内的事
Sure. Just doing my job.
你如果有什么需要
And if there's anything you need from us,
告诉我就行
just tell me.
好的
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表