剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
We're gonna open up the floor for any questions.
前排女士
Yeah. Down front.
贾马尼 这部剧...
Jumaane, it was...
于我而言非常深刻且具有挑战性
deep and so challenging to me.
还有父权制的社会
And the patriarchy.
-谢谢你 -继续说下去
- Thank you. - Don't stop there.
这剧想表达什么
Um, what does the play mean?
是说因为白人挤占黑人发挥的舞台
it's about how black people are given no room
导致他们无法做真实的自我
to be themselves, to speak their truths,
也无法说出真♥相♥
because white people take up their space.
你的灵感是从哪来的
Where do you get your ideas?
我在一家律所工作了四年
Well, I worked at a law firm for four years.
是一家非裔美国人为主的律所
It was an African-American firm,
但后来他们请来了一些白人律师
but then they brought in some white attorneys,
然后越来越多的白人律师
and they brought in even more white attorneys.
到如今 那家律所 已经面目全非了
And these days, the place... You wouldn't recognize it.
我是被强♥奸♥又无实权的独联体白人女性
I am a marginalized ciswhite woman who has been raped,
我对这部剧里的反向种族主义很不满意
and I am offended by the reverse racism in this play.
女士 我没有否认你无实权
Well, ma'am, I'm not here to say you're not marginalized.
这部剧里的白人女性都是贱♥人♥
The white women in this play are all bitches.
你是说所有的白人女性
You're saying that all white women
-想强♥奸♥黑人吗 -没有
- want to rape black men? - No.
我觉得你应该在亚马逊上买♥♥剧本然后读一下
Uh, I think you should buy the play on Amazon and read it
或者再买♥♥一张票
or buy another ticket
如果你得出的是这样的结论 你应该二刷
and see it again if that's what you got out of this.
不 你说白人都是病毒
No, you say that white people are the disease,
但我也参与了"黑人生命很重要"游♥行♥
but I marched with Black Lives Matter.
因一连串警♥察♥针对黑人执法过当
而造成平民死亡的事件所掀起的运动
也许你律所里的白人没有
Maybe the white people in your law firm didn't,
-但这并不意味着你有权 -这是
-but that does not give you the right to... -Well, look, this is
一出关于真实人物的剧 而不是泛指一类人
a play about real people, not types.
剧里的离婚白人男子
Like the divorcing white guy,
他是基于真实客户为原型塑造的
he's based on a real client.
-我认为 -等等 他刚说...
- So, I-I see that... - Wait, did he just say...?
没错 "基于"
Yep. "Based on."
不是 "受启发"
Not "Inspired by."
不 这是具体
No. This is a sp...
这不一样了
Huh. This is different.
对 大家都要点时间适应
Yeah, takes everybody a little while to get used to.
我认识你
I know you.
我来是为了口供的事
I'm here for a deposition.
对 在楼下
Oh, right. Downstairs.
我怎么会认识你
How do I know you?
贾马尼·詹金斯 我曾在这工作
Jumaane Jenkins. I used to work here.
你是亚纶·诺斯
Oh, you're Alan North.
你是那个瘾君子
You're the druggie.
我不是瘾君子
I wasn't a druggie.
天哪 他们是怎么篡改历史的
Oh, my God, how they rewrite history here.
-他们炒了你 -因为他们想踢走我
- Well, they fired you. - Because they wanted me out.
因为他们不想要独♥立♥的思想
Because they didn't want an independent mind.
是啊 就是这样
Yeah, that's how that works.
在这里
In here.
你好
Hello.
不是这个取证会议吧
Wrong deposition?
嗯 你的在楼上
Yeah. Upstairs.
科瓦奇斯先生 你刚说到
You were saying, Mr. Kovacs.
科瓦奇
Kovac.
没有斯
One Kovac.
我只是想说我很抱歉
I just wanted to say how sorry I am
关于你丈夫的事情 加内特女士
at the loss of your husband, Ms. Garnett.
不足以提供有效的帮助
Not sorry enough to offer effective assistance.
反对
Objection.
你不能反对
Uh, you can't object,
-加布 -那我...
- Gabe. - Then I take...
表达强烈不满
great exception.
了解了
Noted.
当加内特女士的诉讼被撤销时
When Ms. Garnett's lawsuit was dismissed,
你采取了什么措施来质疑撤销的决定
what steps did you take to challenge the dismissal?
什么措施
What steps?
对
Yes.
我... 很愤怒
I got... angry.
很好
Good.
然后呢
And?
我写了一个非常非常
And I wrote a very, very,
详细的信给法官
very detailed letter to the judge.
收到回复了吗
Did you get a response?
没有
Nope.
你发出去了吗
Did you send it?
没有 但那不是我的错
Well, no, but that wasn't my fault.
我办公室的邮件递送就是一场灾难
The mail delivery in my office has been a disaster.
知道鲍勃·迪伦那首歌♥吗 一切都已破碎
Do you know that song by Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"?
再贴切不过了
It's so true.
你对法官的裁决提出上诉了吗
And did you appeal the judge's ruling?
没有 但那也不是我的错
No, but that wasn't my fault, either.
没什么可上诉的
There was nothing to appeal.
法官从未裁决
The judge never ruled.
他只是... 指望我忘记这事
He just... counted on me forgetting.
那你忘了吗
And did you forget it?
没 我以为法官会让法庭
No, I thought the judge was gonna call
重新开庭
the court back into session.
-但他没有 -你觉得
- But he didn't. - Did you think
有人在其中贪污腐♥败♥吗
something corrupt was going on,
科瓦奇先生
Mr. Kovac?
关于休庭的事
Ab-About the recess?
不 我...
No, I...
对
Yes.
没错
Yes, I did.
我就是这么觉得的 有幕后推手
I certainly did. The fix was in.
你觉得辩护律师
And did you think that the defense attorney
和法官是一伙的吗
was in league with the judge?
我... 是的
I... Yes.
是的 我是说...
Yes. I mean...
还能有什么别的解释
what other explanation is there?
法官和辩方都有腐♥败♥行为
The judge and the defense were corrupt.
彻彻底底的腐♥败♥
Completely corrupt.
辩方是你的母公♥司♥ 戴安
The defense is your parent company, Diane.
是的 但我还是觉得
Yes, but I still think
我们得打电♥话♥给辩方律师 布莱恩·尼夫
we need to call the defense attorney, Bryan Kneef,
多了解点情况
and... get some more background.
对
Yeah.
不是我的错
Wasn't my fault.
是他的错
It was his fault.
打电♥话♥给他
Call him.
这事一定很重要
This must be important.
要用大会议室
We're in the big conference room.
这是新装饰啊
That's new.
你的律师会来吗 诺斯先生
Will your attorney be joining us, Mr. North?
詹金斯
Jenkins.
我以为那是个笔名
I thought that was a pen name.
贾马尼·亚纶·詹金斯是我的本名
Jumaane Alan Jenkins is my birth name.
我在这里工作时改叫"亚纶·诺斯"是因为
I went by "Alan North" When I worked here
我知道你们都怎么看这些
because I know how you
象征中产阶级白人的标志
all value the bourgeois signifiers of whiteness.
天啊
Dear God.
回答你的问题 莉兹
To your question, Liz,
我要自辩
I'm appearing pro se.
好
Okay, then.
詹金斯先生
Mr. Jenkins,
昨晚 你在观众提问环节对观众们说
last night, you told the audience during a talkback Q&A
你以真人为原型塑造你的角色
that you based your characters on real-life people.
不 我觉得你听错了
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表