剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
everything is emptiness.
万事皆无"
Nothing really exists."
禅宗大♥师♥拾起一根竹棍
The Zen master picked up a bamboo stick
朝他脑袋一顿猛敲
and whacked him in the head.
山本气急败坏大声嚎叫 大♥师♥问他
Yamaoka screamed angrily until the master asked him,
"若万事皆无
"If nothing really exists,
汝怒从何来"
from where did your anger come?"
有人生气吗
Is somebody angry here?
-布莱恩 -你不要再挖我的委托人了
- Bryan? - I need you to stop poaching my clients.
-什么 -我已经解释过
- Excuse me? You know, I explained that you were made
你是法律援助部的负责人 没必要去挖客户
head of pro bono, so there's no reason for you to poach.
然而 她让她的调查员找我委托人
And yet, she's having her investigator check my clients.
等一下 我找你的委托人只是想弄清楚
Wait a minute. I'm only checking your clients to figure out
你为什么要拦截我的互联网访问权限
why you are blocking my Internet access.
-你说什么呢 -等一下
- What the hell are you talking about? - Wait.
冷静
Quiet.
我们都是一条船上的
We're all on the same team.
罗杰 去喝杯水
Roger, go get a glass of water.
布莱恩 你拦截戴安的互联网访问权限了吗
Bryan, are you blocking Diane's Internet access?
是的 但只是防御性的
I am. But only defensively.
因为她挖我委托人
Because she's poaching my clients.
不 这是谎言
No. That is a lie.
我查618号♥备忘录的时候你拦截了我
You blocked me when I asked about Memo 618.
-那是什么 -我不知道
- What is that? - I don't know.
但是我有两个法律援助案子
But I've had two pro bono cases disappear
因为法官收到618号♥备忘录而消失了
when the judge was given Memo 618.
-跟我没关系 -有关系
- It has nothing to do with me. - No.
好了 我提议如下
Okay, here's what l suggest.
戴安 你不要去查布莱恩的委托人了
Diane, you won't dig into Bryan's clients.
布莱恩 你也别拦截戴安的互联网行吗
Bryan, you won't block Diane's Internet access. Understood?
好
Uh, yes.
-我没意见 -好吧
- I take no issue with that. - Yes. Fine.
什么事
What was that about?
他们不想让我再查下去了
They want me to stop looking.
-你会吗 -不
- Will you? - No.
给
Here.
这是一份账单明细
It's a billing statement.
尼夫有一个收费长达两年的案子
Kneef had one case with two years of billable hours,
-但是没有案卷号♥ -什么
- but no docket number. - What?
价格:合伙人
案卷号♥:
过滤词:无
-消失的案子 -对
- A case that disappeared? - Yes.
案子消失的时候尼夫要输了
And Kneef was losing when it disappeared.
-我没看见委托人 -对 不在档案里
- I don't see a client. - No, it's not in the records.
但是...
But...
卡勒布·加林
上面列了案子的助理律师
it lists the associate on the case.
-什么事 -你都不刮胡子了
- Yes, ma'am? - You're not shaving anymore.
我得到了特殊豁免
I got a special dispensation.
我好无聊 想找点乐子
I'm bored. I want to be entertained.
你想让我给你唱歌♥
You want me to sing to you?
不用 讲个笑话听听
No. Tell me a joke.
一个男的走进动物园
Man walks into a zoo.
整个动物园里只有一只狗
The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog.
是个狮子狗[垃圾动物园]It's a Shih Tzu.
需要我给你解释一下吗
Want me to explain it to you?
不用 我听懂了 只是不好笑
No, I get it. I'm just not laughing.
卡勒布·加林 你有空吗
Caleb Garlin? Do you have a minute?
你和布莱恩·尼夫一起负责过一个民事案子
You, uh, worked with Bryan Kneef
但是我们查不到
on a civil suit that we can't find.
大概半年前的
It was about six months ago.
共计收费89万5千 但是没记录委托人
$895,000 in billable hours, but no mention of the client.
你给我们透露的信息 尼夫不会知道
Uh, whatever you tell us, uh, won't get back to Mr. Kneef.
我不在乎 他就是个混♥蛋♥
Oh, I don't care. He's a prick.
诺拉·加内特
Uh, Nola Garnett.
塔帕斯集团的 过失致死案
The Tapas Group. Wrongful death.
案卷号♥是 57L4520
The docket number was, uh, 57-L-45-20.
记性真不错
Wow. You have a good memory.
我信不过电子存档
I just don't trust digital archiving.
我不会记在那上面
I wouldn't leave it on there.
塔帕斯集团被一个囚犯妻子控诉
The, uh, Tapas Group was being sued by the wife of a prisoner
囚犯乘坐他们的私人囚车
who died while being transported
在转移途中身亡了
in the back of one of their private prison vans.
-和解了吗 -没有 结束了
- So, was there a settlement? - No, just ended.
怎么结束了
Ended in what way?
尼夫提出动议要驳回起诉
Kneef was arguing for a motion to dismiss.
法官休庭重新审查法律引证
The judge recessed to review the legal citing
再就没复庭过
and he never returned.
他休庭之后再就没回来过
Uh... He never returned from the recess?
对的
Correct.
-没人跟进吗 -我们没有
- And no one followed up? - Well, we didn't.
我们都要输了 算是捡个便宜
We were losing, so it was a gift.
我不知道为什么原告没有跟进
I don't know why the plaintiffs never followed up.
提到过618号♥备忘录吗
Was there ever a mention of a Memo 618?
没有 那是什么
No. What's that?
我们也不确定
Uh, we're not sure.
法官想要重新审查什么引证
What was the citing that the judge wanted to review?
「美国法典」第57编第3335条
57 U.S.C. 3335.
尼夫认为这意味着案子无实际意义
Kneef had argued it meant the case was moot.
「美国法典」第几条
U.S. Code...?
3335条
3335.
「美国法典」第57编第3335条
详见「美国法典」第40编第1112条
详见「美国法典」第40编第1112条
详见「美国法典」第57编第3335条
详见「美国法典」第57编第3335条
莉兹
Liz?
-这些书是怎么回事 -什么
- What's going on with these? - What?
没有内页 你看
There are no pages. Look.
他们重新装♥修♥的时候
Oh. Yeah, when they remodeled,
这样搬起来更容易
it made it easier to move the books.
为什么要摆用不了的法律书籍
Why have law books if we can't use them?
装饰
For looks?
你要是想找什么 可以上网查
Well, if you need something, just check online.
你的那个案子
This case you were on.
-原告是谁 -稍等
- Who was the plaintiff? - Uh, hold on.
囚犯的妻子...
Um, the wife of the prisoner...
不 代理她的律师是谁
No, what lawyer represented her?
他算不上什么律师
Oh, um, well, he wasn't much of an attorney.
谁
Who?
你确定不吃一半吗
Are you sure I can't offer you two half?
谢谢 不用了
Thank you, no.
你呢 小姑娘
You, young lady?
不 谢了 看着很好吃
No, thanks. Looks yummy.
确实
It is.
这个囚车的诉讼是怎么回事
So, what happened with this prison van lawsuit?
我之前代理诺拉·加内特
Well, I represented Nola Garnett.
尽职尽责
Above and beyond.
从没错过递交法♥院♥文件的期限
Never missed a filing deadline.
用头韵法在庭上辩论
Made oral arguments using alliteration
单词我都写在索引卡上了
that I wrote out on index cards.
但诉讼就这么撤销了
But the case was just dropped?
那也不怪我
Through no fault of mine.
而现在她要起诉我
And now she is suing me.
-谁 -诺拉·加内特
- Uh, who is? - Nola Garnett.
因为无效辩护
For ineffective assistance.
我哎
Me.
无效
Ineffective.
-你能想象吗 -我不能
- Can you imagine? - I can't.
因为这个案子被撤销了
Because this case was just dropped?
他们没给我任何解释
They never gave me any kind of explanation.
辩方律师
Did the defense attorney
援引了「美国法典」第3335条吗
cite a law... U.S. 3335?
也许吧 我不知道
Maybe. I don't know.
但现在 除了我其他的工作量
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表