剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
好吧 那我们听听证词
Okay, then let's hear some testimony.
你准备好了吗 律师
Are you ready, Counselor?
是的 法官阁下
I am, Your Honor.
赔款
你们会失去白人的票
Guys, you're going to lose the white vote.
行了 我们实际点谈谈
Okay, let's talk about this practically.
谁会得到赔偿 赔偿采取什么形式
Who gets reparations? What form do they take?
标价是多少
What's the price tag?
最后一问很简单 40英亩地和一头骡子
Well, the last one is easy... 40 acres and a mule.
等一下
Wait. Wait.
等等 稍等一下
Wait. Just wait a second.
你们都是认真的吗
You all serious about this?
因为在芝加哥有赔偿的范本
Because there is a model for reparations right here in Chicago.
-乔恩·伯格 -对
- Jon Burge. - Right.
-谁 -乔恩·伯格
- Who? - Jon Burge.
他是一位芝加哥老警长
He was an old Chicago Police commander.
在位时用酷刑折磨了100多个黑人
Tortured over 100 black men,
所以芝加哥市通过了一项法令
so the city of Chicago passed an ordinance
谴责他的酷刑
condemning the torture,
给幸存者的家人金钱赔偿
giving monetary damages to the survivors' families,
他们还开了一门关于伯格的历史必修课
and then, they made a history curriculum about Burge mandatory
给初中和高中生们读
to middle and high school students.
这就是你们的范本
There's your model right there.
那白人选民会说
And the white vote is gonna say,
"我们都没经历过奴隶制时期"
"None of us were alive when slavery happened."
所以我们要关注种族隔离法案的受害者
Which is why we focus on the victims of Jim Crow.
-现在还有很多幸存者 -那毫无意义
- There are plenty of survivors. - That defeats the purpose.
奴隶制是原罪 是美国灵魂上的污点
Slavery is the original sin, the stain on America's soul.
-赔款是在赎罪 -是在赦免他们
- Reparations is penance. - You mean absolution.
支票一兑现
As soon as that check clears,
美国白人就洗白了
white America washes their hands,
而且我告诉你 他们会说
and I'm telling you, the line will be,
"你们这些混♥蛋♥别想再抱怨种族歧视了"
"Don't you fuckers ever complain about racism again."
好吧 那些觉得
Well, people who feel like
赔款就等于封口费的人是不会改变想法的
reparations equals hush money were always gonna feel that.
但我觉得你低估了
But I think you're underestimating
-白人的威力... -不 我没有
- the power of white... - No. No, I'm not.
-能聊两句吗 -不 我没有 听着
- May I have a word? - No, I'm not. Listen...
你们觉得这个讨论的走向如何
What do you think about where the conversation's going?
我觉得...
I think...
我们的员工都很热情敬业
our people are passionate and engaged,
我们能把这些能量转化为选票
and we can translate that energy into voters.
我知道这次讨论是有必要的
I know it's a conversation that needs to be had.
我只想知道是否需要增加里面的人员多样性
I just wonder if we need more... diversity in the room.
多样性
Diversity?
只是为了评估这些想法的可行性
Just to gauge how the ideas are landing.
第14关 削大头菜
忙工作呢
Hard at work?
这可能看着挺容易 但其实挺难的
Uh, this may look easy, but it's not.
你要给大头菜削皮
You try peeling a rutabaga.
那是个游戏吗 你只是在给大头菜削皮
That's the game? You just peel a rutabaga?
"只是" 真的吗 我感觉受到了歧视
Just? Seriously? I feel judged.
我不是要贬低你的削皮技术
I didn't mean to disparage your vegetable-peeling skills.
我很肯定这迟早会在很多律所派上用场
I'm sure they'll come in handy at many law firms.
而且这是水果 能安抚人心
Also, it's fruit, and it's kind of soothing.
你需要安抚吗
Do you need to be soothed?
这...
That's...
这是个很私人的问题
that's a very personal question. Aah!
该死
Damn.
对不起
Sorry.
所以你就是卡勒布吗
So are you Caleb?
-是的 你是谁 -梅丽莎
- I am. Who are you? - Marissa.
你是楼上来的吗
Are you from upstairs?
是的
I am.
那你为什么在这里工作
Then why are you working here?
他们让我来的
They asked me to.
他们为什么要让你来
Why did they ask you to?
我觉得是...
Um, I think...
为了暗中监视你们
to spy on you.
你都说出来了还怎么暗中监视
That's not a great way to spy... to say you're spying.
我知道 我不太擅长
I know. I'm not very good at it.
你跟我想的完全不一样
You are... very different from what I expected.
你想来玩一盘吗
You want to play the next round?
你得教我
You'll have to teach me.
好 行 这是键盘
Yeah, okay. Uh, this is a keyboard.
他们让你们俩去楼上会议室
They need you two upstairs in the conference room.
-我们吗 为什么 -人员多样性
- Us? Why? - Diversity.
我们开始了吗 我要问几个问题
Are we starting? I have a couple of questions.
-大卫·李 -用2020年的美元计算
- David Lee. - Exactly how much
40英亩地加一头骡子到底值多少钱
is 40 acres and a mule in 2020 dollars?
不管值多少钱 都不够
However much it is, it's still not enough.
追溯到遥远的过去 每个人都来自一个部落
Go back far enough, and everyone comes from a tribe
然后又被另一个部落接管
that was taken over by another tribe.
全世界的历史都是这样
That's the history of the world.
所以我们都应该拿到赔款吗
So do we all deserve reparations?
我们拿到了纳粹德国的赔款
We got reparations from Nazi Germany.
你可能拿到了 我没拿到
You maybe did. I didn't.
我的亲戚们也拿到了
Our relatives did.
这种需要赔款的想法就是
Oh. Listen, this idea of needing reparations
一成不变的刻板印象
is just perpetuating stereotypes.
黑人不需要施舍
Black folks don't need handouts.
他在说什么
What is he talking about?
你忽略了重点
You are missing the point.
吉米 赔款不是施舍
Jimmy, reparations aren't a handout.
这是为所提供的服务支付的欠款
They're payment owed for services rendered.
你提供了那些服务吗
Did you do that work?
如果我的祖先们摘了50年的棉花
If my ancestors picked cotton for 50 years,
他们才应该拿到钱 而不是我
then they deserve that money, not me.
-没错 -我的天
- Hear! Hear! - Oh, my God.
大卫·李都同意你的观点了 自豪吧
You got David Lee agreeing with you. Be proud.
如果你的祖先们因为那份工作而
Look, if your ancestors were paid
得到了报酬 然后他们把这笔钱传下去了
for that work and they passed that money down,
你就会把这笔钱当成家族财富 对吗
you would see it as family wealth, wouldn't you?
没错
Exactly.
等等
Um, just wait one second.
弗农·乔丹给我讲过他小时候在佐治亚州的事
Vernon Jordan told me a story about growing up in Georgia.
那时他还小 州长在广播里说
When he was a boy, the governor came on the radio
"我要竞选连任
and said, "I'm running for reelection,
我的施政纲领有两条
and I have two planks in my platform.
黑鬼和道路
Niggers. Roads.
我反对第一条 支持第二条"
I'm against the first, and I am for the second."
这就是当时的州长
Now, this was the governor,
我的天
for Christ's sake.
我们能指望他不把这些刻薄的想法
Now, do we think he wasn't writing that vitriol
放进他的官方政策里吗
into his official policy?
要我说还是别赔款了
Well, I say keep the reparations.
我宁愿让白人们内疚
I'd rather have white guilt.
这是我可以利用的
That I can leverage.
玛尔塔 你收到过关于拆迁的预警吗
Marta, did you have any warning about this demolition?
没有 他们就直接拆了
No. They just did it.
那你打算怎么办
And, so, what are you going to do?
我不知道
I have no idea.
那家餐馆是我的生命 我的世界
That restaurant was my life, my world.
我一点都没夸张
I'm not exaggerating.
它是我唯一的收入来源
It was the only income that I had.
我的家人 我...
My family. I...
-我们不知道... -要继续吗法官阁下
- We don't know what... - Should I continue, Your Honor?
稍等
Just one second.
请继续 律师
You may continue, Counselor.
618号♥备忘录
律师
Counselor.
在
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表