Clark Kent is nobody.
克拉克肯特是个无名小卒
A nobody who's pals with Dr. Virgil Swann?
一个无名小卒能够 跟维吉尔史皇博士成为好友?
Corporate titans don't often show up at my doorstep unannounced.
企业钜子通常不会不请自来
I apologize for surprising you like this, Dr. Swann...
很抱歉突然登门造访 史皇博士…
...but it's a matter of some urgency.
但,事关紧急
I've been wondering how long it would take you to finally walk through the door.
我一直在猜测 你要到何时才会走进这个大门
Then you obviously know why I'm here.
显然你了解我为何来此
I think, perhaps, you've been reading my e-mails to Clark Kent. Am I correct?
也许你一直在阅读我寄给 克拉克肯特的电子邮件,是吗?
My transgression doesn't seem to upset you. I'm glad.
我很高兴我的违规 没有惹你不悦
I'm a scientist.
我是一个科学家
I find curiosity to be a most admirable trait.
我认为好奇 是最值得重视的特征
Dr. Swann, I am the conservator of the Kawatche Caves.
史皇博士 我是卡瓦契洞穴的管理主
If you can tell me what is written on the cave walls...
如果你能告诉我洞壁上写什么…
...I would agree to hand over that conservancy to your foundation.
我会把管理权转交到你的基金会
Well, thank you, but I'm afraid I can't help you.
谢谢你 我恐怕无法帮你
The language remains a mystery to me.
那种语言对我来说 仍是很神秘的
Are you aware that at one time there was an octagonal keyhole...
你是否有注意到 以前曾有一个八角形的孔…
...on the wall of the cave?
就在洞穴里的墙上?
It was sealed for months.
它被封起来好几个月
Then it reopened suddenly.
突然间又闭肢了
Just after our friend Clark had been down there.
就在我们的小朋友克拉克去过之后
Then you don't need me. You need a locksmith.
那么你就不需要找我 你需要的是锁匠
Right, but...
是的,但是…
...the key to that lock was in my possession...
那个孔的钥匙 曾经就在我手上…
...but it was stolen from my safe.
不过,是从我的保险箱里被偷了
Again, Clark had been present.
克拉克也曾出现于失窃现场
So now you believe that he has it.
你相信他拥有那把钥匙
He trusts you.
他相信你
Would you be willing to talk to him?
你愿意跟他谈一谈吗?
It's such a small price to pay...
只须付出小小的代价…
...in exchange for the answers you've been searching for.
就可交换你寻找很久的答案
Yes, well, I know what I'm after...
是的,我知道我在找什么…
...but what do you expect to find?
不过,你想要找到什么?
You're dying.
你快死了
How do you know that?
你怎么会知道的?
As I said, curiosity is an admirable trait.
诚如我所言 好奇是最值得重视的特征
Dr. Swann...
史皇博士…
...I know that what can save my life is locked within the wall of that cave.
我知道能救我性命的东西 被锁在洞壁里…
I believe in the extraordinary...
我相信超自然的东西…
...in the possibilities it holds.
相信其中的无限可能
But I prefer to follow my own path.
不过,我宁可循着我自己的轨道运作
All right.
好吧
Thank you for your time, doctor.
谢谢你宝贵的时间,博士
Even if you had the key...
即使你有钥匙…
...you have no idea what would happen if you put it into the lock.
即使你放入锁中 你也无法确定会发生什么事
I'd be willing to take that risk.
我愿意冒那个险
Then perhaps there is an arrangement we might make.
那么我们也许可以安排一下
Clark. I'm afraid I've invaded your sanctuary.
克拉克,我恐怕侵犯到你的禁区了
What do you think you'll find down here? You tell me.
你以为你能在这里发现什么? 你说呢?
How'd you open it, Clark?
你怎么打开的,克拉克?
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to play games.
我不晓得你在说什么 我不想玩游戏
You expect me to believe your fascination with these caves started with a term paper?
你指望我相信,你对这些洞穴的 迷恋只是为了写报告?
No, do it again.
不对,再做一次
I don't think you wanna start talking about unusual obsessions, Mr. Luthor.
我不认为你有兴趣 跟我聊奇怪的嗜好,路德先生
Unless you want to explain why you blackmailed my friends into spying on me.
不然,请你先解释 你为何恐吓我的朋友来监视我
I believe that we're put on this Earth for a reason, Clark.
我相信我们到地球上 是有原因的,克拉克
Our task in life is to find out what that reason is.
我们一生的使命 就是找出这个原因
Sometimes, we can't do that alone.
有时候,我们没办法自己来
You're never gonna find what you're looking for.
你永远找不到你要的东西
I'm much closer than you think.
我远比你想像的更为接近
What's going on here?
你们在搞什么?
Take the barn. The rest follow me. Martha Kent?
去谷仓,其他的跟我来 玛莎肯特?
What are you doing? FBl. We're searching this place.
你们在做什么? 联邦调查局,我们要搜查这个地方
You can't. We can, and we will.
你们不可以 我们可以
Excuse me, ma'am, we need you outside.
对不起,夫人,你得待在外面
Hi, Mom. You must be out looking for Dad too.
嗨,妈 你一定也出去找爸了
I think I have an idea where he is. I'll see you soon.
我想我知道他在哪里 待会充见
Thanks for the phone.
谢谢让我用电♥话♥
Clark, what's going on?
克拉克,出什么事了?
My dad kind of went AWOL.
我爸好像不告而别了
He was halfway through unloading the feed run...
他卸货卸到一半就…
...and just jumped in his truck and took off.
跳上他的卡车走了
I'm sorry, Lana. It's....
我很抱歉,拉娜,只是…
He's never done anything like this before. Hey, you know what?
他以前从没有做过这样的事 嘿,你知道吗?
It's gonna be okay.
不会有事的
I didn't mean to unload on you like that.
我不是有意对你诉苦的
No, you....
不,你…
You never have to apologize for opening up to me.
你不用为了向我倾诉心事 而对我道歉
Lana?
拉娜?
I know this is a stressful time for you.
我知道这段期问你压力很大
No. That's not what this is about.
不,不是这样的
Lana, I don't want to look back like my dad...
拉娜,我不希望以后像我爸一样 悔恨过去的事…
...and wonder what my life could've been.
或叹息我的人生原本可以怎样
Clark.
克拉克
We've tried this once before.
我们努力过
You said there's nothing you can't recover from.
你说你可以从任何状况中恢复
No, I wasn't talking about us.
不,我不是在谈我们之间的事
Look, right now, think about your dad, okay?
现在只要专心想着你♥爸♥的事 可以吗?
He's the one who needs you.
他才是最需要你的人
Yeah.
对
Dad, are you okay?
爸,你还好吗?
Mom and I have been worried sick about you.
妈和我非常担心你
You can't just take off like that.
你不可以就这样走了
How'd you know to find me out here?
你怎么知道我在这里?
When I'm searching for answers, I turn to my dad.
我若想寻找答案 就会回去找我爸
I guess it runs in the family.
我想这是家族遗传
Your grandfather was the stubbornest man I ever knew.
你的祖父是我所见过最顽固的人
And believe me...
相信我…
...Clark, I wasn't nearly the son you are.
克拉克,我不是你这么乖巧的儿子
My mother used to say that...
我妈曾说过…
...he and I were like watching two sides of the same coin...
他跟我就像一个铜板的两面…
...duking it out.
互不妥协
I see the way you and Jor-El fight and I wonder...
我看过你跟乔艾尔的争斗 我在想…
...if maybe fathers and sons were the same on Krypton.
也许父子关系 在克普顿也是相同的
Except he's not my father. You are.
只不过他不是我爸爸 你才是…
Yeah.
是的
I am your father who turns his back on you when you need him the most.
我是你的父亲 你最需要我时,我却转身离去
I am your father who forces you to run away.
我是逼得你逃家的爸爸
My father never would've done that.
我的父亲就不会这样子
I wish I had his strength and his wisdom.
我希望我有 他的力量与智慧
Dad, you do.
爸,你有的
Clark, I don't know how to protect you anymore.
克拉克,我不知道 该如何保护你了
That's not your job.
那不是你的职责
Your job is to teach me how to protect myself...
你的职责是教导我 如何保护自己…
...but that doesn't mean I don't need you.
但,这不代表我不再需要你了
Mom needs you too.
妈也需要你
Let's go home.
我们回家吧
I realize paying the Talon's bills...
我了解付塔龙的帐单…
...isn't the high point of your month...
不是你每月的大事…
...but I'm guessing something else is going on.
不过,我猜你有心事
No. No, everything's fine.
不,不,一切都很好
Lana, you know you could talk to me about anything.
拉娜,你知道 你什么都可以跟我说
I wanna believe that someone can change, but....
我一直想要相信 有些人是会改变的
But I'm starting to lose faith.
但是,我开始失去信心了
Are we talking about Clark?
我们是在谈克拉克吗?
You know, he came by the Talon earlier...
知道吗,他稍早来过塔龙…
...and he kissed me.
他亲了我
He kissed you?
他亲了你?
Isn't that what you wanted?
这不正是你渴望的吗?
God, I don't....
天啊,我不…
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表