Scientists are calling today's impact...
科学家声称今日的撞击…
...one of the most significant astronomical events of the last century.
为本世纪最重要的天文事件之一
The enormous solar flare has already caused power surges....
巨大的日闪已经引发能量的遽变…
Clark!
克拉克!
Hey, Clark. Son, you wanna give us a hand here?
嘿,儿子,你可以帮我们一下吗?
Yeah. Sorry, I must've got sucked in.
没问题,对不起 我一定是太注意这个新闻了
You caught me in the middle of this news special.
我刚好专心在看新闻特别报导
What's the topic?
是什么主题?
Solar flares and the effects on Earth's atmosphere.
日闪与对地球大气层的影响
According to NASA, the sun took a direct hit from a comet...
根据太空总署的说法 慧星直接撞到太阳…
...causing one of the biggest solar flares ever.
引起有史以来最大的日闪现象
You sound intrigued. Actually, it's a relief to be researching...
你好像很有兴趣 事实上,看这新闻让我放心…
...a cosmic disaster that has nothing to do with me.
因为这次灾害 跟我没关系
I gotta go. I told Pete I'd meet him at the Talon to swap notes.
我得走了,我跟彼得说好 要在塔龙跟他交换笔记
You need a ride? No, I think I'll run it.
你要我载你一程吗? 不用,我想我用跑的就好
Bye. Bye.
再见 再见
precipitates huge explosions with powerful, farreached effects.
突发的强大爆♥炸♥ 造成巨大深远的影响
The shock wave from this type of CME is so strong...
这种日冕大爆发的 冲击波浪强大到…
...that it smashes the Earth 's magnetic field, unleashing a geomagnetic storm.
击破地球磁场的地步 造成地磁风暴
In layman 's terms, people should expect....
以一般人的措辞来说 人们应该预期到…
Do you believe that there are powers greater than we can know...
你相信有比我们所知 更大的能量…
...somewhere in the universe?
存在宇宙中吗?
Sure.
应该有吧
Look, do you mind if I switch back to the game?
你介意我转回比赛的频道吗?
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for the Metropolis Sharks.
那可是人类的一小步 大都会鲨鱼队的一大步
To Littleville, Kansas...
敬堪萨斯州的小小镇…
...and all the little "Kans-ass-ians" in it.
以及镇上所有小小的〝砍哈事〞人
One more. Look, pal, we don't want any trouble here.
再一杯 我们这里不想招惹任何麻烦
I think you might have had enough.
我认为你喝得够多了
If you want trouble, you just try cutting me off.
如果你想找麻烦 你就不再上我的酒试试看
Don't come back.
不要回来了
Small-town friendly, my butt.
友善的小镇,才怪
No-- Yeah--
不…对…
No, I'll find it.
不,我会找到的
Yeah, I know. This--
对,我知道,这…
Yeah. No. No, I have not been drinking.
是的,不,不,我没有喝酒
Thank you for caring.
谢谢你的关心
You okay?
你还好吗?
You pulled the door right off the car with your bare hands?
你空手把车门拆下?
You walked right through the power lines. You're a little drunk, Mr....
你还踩在高压电线上走路 你有点醉了,先生…
White.
怀特
Perry White.
派瑞怀特
Take it easy, Clark. I misjudged my strength.
放轻松,克拉克 我误判我的力量
I just got off the phone with the hospital.
我刚才跟医院通过电♥话♥
It seems your Mr. Perry White checked himself out last night.
派瑞怀特先生昨晚似乎自行出院
His Breathalyzer was off the charts.
他的酒测值超出范围咧
What do you think he saw, son? He probably doesn't remember my name.
你认为他看到什么了,儿子? 他大概不记得我的名字
Clark! Clark Kent!
克拉克!克拉克肯特!
Thank you.
谢谢你
Yeah.
是的
Last time I saw you, you were Frisbee-ing the door...
上次我看到你的时候 你拿我的车门当飞盘丢…
...off my car and ignoring the high-voltage lines.
还无视于高压电线的存在
Mr. White.
怀特先生
I was trying to figure out which of the four Clarks to thank when they hauled me off.
我被拖出时,还不晓得 该向四个克拉克中的哪个道谢
You must be Mr. Kent. Yes, I am.
你一定是肯特先生 是的,我是
I'm certainly glad you're feeling better. Well, that's relative.
我很高兴你好多了 那只是相对的好
My car is crunched.
我的车已经被压扁了
This hillbilly cartoon you have as a sheriff has suspended my license on a DUl...
你们那个乡巴佬警长 依酒醉驾车吊扣我的驾照…
...and my assignment editor is screaming for my head.
我的编辑还一直喊着要把我给宰了
You're a reporter?
你是位记者?
In a past life.
那是上辈子的事了
At the moment, I'm the advance man for X-Styles...
现在我是《X风格》的先遣特派员…
...cable TV's one stop for the paranormally inclined.
也就是侧重超自然现象的 那个有线电视频道
What brings you here to Smallville?
什么风把你吹到小镇的?
I'm researching a piece about the meteor shower...
我来研究有关流星雨…
...and the bizarre phenomena that it spawned.
以及它引起的奇异现象
Don't tell me you believe any of that. It's right up there with the tooth fairy.
别说你也相信那些 跟那个牙仙归类在一起啦
Don't you need tools for a job like that?
做这种粗活 你不需要任何工具吗?
Mr. White, you really didn't come all this way just to thank me, did you?
怀特先生,你大老远的 不是特地跑来谢我的吧?
No, I didn't. I thought we should discuss a settlement.
不,我不是,我认为 我们应该讨论善后问题
Settlement? I didn't offroad my car for laughs.
善后问题? 我的车子不是没事冲出路面玩的
I swerved to miss your son.
我是为了避开你的儿子
Look, I'll make this easy on you. I need a local...
瞧,我不会太计较的 我需要一位本地人…
...who knows the territory to ferry me around.
一个熟悉这个地区的人 载我到处烧
You loan me Clark for a couple days, we'll call it even.
你把克拉克借给我几天 我们就算扯平了
My father went for historical accuracy when he had the mansion reconstructed...
当我父亲重建这大厦时 他比较注意历史细节…
...but I was thinking of taking some liberties with the decor.
但我比较注重布置格调
Move away from the artifacts and period pieces...
我不要古物和老东西…
...and go with something more modern.
我倾向现代路线
Even abstract.
甚至抽象
Any thoughts, doctor?
有任何观成吗,医生?
Only that I hoped today's session would be more productive.
我只希望今天的会谈 可以较有效率
I believe the psychological term...
我相信心理学的名词…
...for refusing to accept the inevitable is "denial."
将拒绝接受不可避免之事 称之为〝否认〞
And no amount of probing can uncover emotional issues that don't exist.
再多的探测也无法揭露 根本不存在的精神议题
Now who's in denial? Trust me, I have nothing to hide.
现在是谁在否认? 相信我,我没有什么可隐藏
Then tell me about the island.
那就告诉我那个小岛的事
The fisherman who found you said you were raving about some imaginary enemy.
发现你的渔夫说 你在砍杀一个假想敌
I was ill, suffering from malaria.
我当时是病了,受疟疾之苦
I saw your blood work, Lex. There was no trace of disease.
我看过你的血液报告,莱克斯 没有疾病的迹象
But even some fictitious illness would not explain your reluctance...
即使有些假想的疾病 也不能解释你不情愿…
...to discuss your conflicted feelings towards your father. Until we understand--
讨论你对你父亲的矛盾情成 直到我们了解…
What I understand, doctor, is that LuthorCorp's insurance carrier...
我所了解的是,医生 路德企业的保险公♥司♥…
...insisted that I submit to five psychiatric therapy sessions.
坚持我执行五次的精神诊察
So I've submitted.
所以我就执行了
And sadly, our final hour is up.
很可惜,我们最后一小时也过了
I'll miss our sessions.
我会坏念我们这段交流的过程
Two meteor craters? You don't wanna see anything else?
就两个陨石坑? 你不要看看别的东西吗?
Well, blown-out buildings and sinkholes are background, Clark.
被毁的建筑物与坑洞 只是背景而已,克拉克
I'm looking for substance, texture...
我在找实际的物质、特征…
...the human dimension.
这类人文因素的东西
Clark, is everything all right?
克拉克,一切都还好吗?
Pete waited for you until after 1 0:00 last night.
昨晚彼得等你到十点多
It's a long story. Hi. Perry White.
说来话长 嗨,派瑞怀特
I'd like a triple cappuccino and a couple of those glazed crullers...
我要三倍量的卡布奇诺 和一些炸圈饼…
...and an interview...
外加一个采访…
...with Smallville's very own cover girl.
专访小镇自己的封♥面♥女♥郎♥
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
It's called getting the story.
这就叫跑新闻
Nothing fancy, Miss Lang, just a simple q and a.
不用太特别的,蓝小姐 就简单的问与答
You know, how's Little Miss Meteor coping 1 4 years after the big bang?
譬如在大爆♥炸♥后,小小陨石小姐 这十四年来调适的如何?
Maybe this is a joke to you, but my parents died that day.
也许你觉得很好玩 但我的父母是在那天过世的
And I'm sorry, but that makes you newsworthy.
我很抱歉,但正因如此 才让你变得有新闻价值
That's it. You're leaving.
就这样了,你得离开
Either she talks to me now, or she faces the cameras in the morning.
她要不就现在接受采访 不然,她明早就得面对摄影机
Clark, I can't believe you're with this guy. Lana.
你怎么会跟这种人在一起
Maybe you should both leave.
也许你们两个都应该走了
You didn't tell me Lana was part of your agenda.
你没告诉我 拉娜是你采访的一部分
You didn't tell me you knew her.
你没告诉我你认识她
Sorry if I hurt her feelings, but she's a legitimate source.
很抱歉,如果我伤到她的成情 但她是一个正统的新闻题材
She's not anymore. lt doesn't work that way.
她再也不是了 这样是行不通的
I still have to find faces to put on camera.
我仍然得找几个面孔 让摄影机拍摄
Your high school paper has developed quite a rep in the bug-eyed monster circles.
你们的高中校刊在凸眼怪物圈中 算是很有口碑的
Why would you say that?
你为什么那样说?
Because I did, like, three minutes of research before I came to town.
因为我来之前做过三分钟调查
Think the editor would know something about the meteor shower?
你觉得那个主编 可能知道一些流星雨的事吗?
How would I know?
我哪会知道?
"' Principal Authorizes New Gym Mats' by Clark Kent."
〝校长批率新的体育馆垫子〞 克拉克肯特报导
I know I was riveted.
我扛j看的手不释春
I think we should go.
我想我们应该走了
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表