Why would I go out when I can beat my dad at checkers?
我♥干♥嘛出去? 下棋打败我爸就很好玩了
I'm serious. Listen, just because I'm stuck in here doesn't mean you need to be.
我是说真的,听我说 你没有必要陪我耗在这里
Why don't you call Pete? Go to the movies. I'll watch TV.
你何不找彼得? 你们去看电影,我看电视就好了
Pete has other plans.
彼得在忙别的事
You two all right?
你们两个人没事吧?
He's been hanging out with a different crowd lately.
他最近都跟别人一起混
Wait a minute. When you say "different," you mean...
等一下 你所谓的〝别人〞是指…
...wrong?
不好的人?
Without realizing it, I think I've taken Pete for granted.
不知不觉的 我想我把彼得视为理所当然
Well, you and Pete have been friends since the sandbox, son.
嗯,你跟彼得从玩沙坑时期开始 就一直是朋友了,儿子
Maybe he's just going through a phase. As long as he's not getting into trouble...
也许他只是在经历某种阶段 只要他别惹上麻烦…
...give it some time.
就给他一点时间
How you feeling, Boss? Like I'm about to own the road.
你感觉怎样,大老板? 就像道路是属于我的
All right.
好耶
Look, you're gonna have to shift gears.
听着,你得换档了
What do you mean? It's time to take a dive.
什么意思? 该是放手一缚的时候了
No winning streak lasts forever, okay? You're 6-0.
没有人能永远赢的,可以吗? 你是六比零了
That's the best driver this county's seen since yours truly.
这已是本地在我之下 第二好的记录了
Now, that means all the money's on you.
这代表 所有的钱都押在你身上
So? So that's a lot of bucks if you lose.
那又怎样? 所以,你输了就关系到很多钱
So all that stuff about the beauty of racing and the triumph of victory, that was all lies?
所以,所有赛车与胜利之美 都是骗人的?
No, hell no. I meant every word of that.
不,那当然不是 我所说的都是肺腑之言
This is the beauty of racing, Dante style.
这就是赛车之美 丹帝风格的赛车
See you at the finish line.
终点线见了
This is for good luck.
祝你好运
Not that you need it.
你不见得需要
Congratulations, Boss.
恭禧,大老板
Oh, thank you. Hey, Dante, look. About that whole cheating thing...
哦,谢谢你,嘿,丹帝 关于那种骗人的事…
...it's, like, I didn't have it in me. Yeah, it isn't in you?
是这样的,我不是那种人 对,你不是那种人?
What do you think this is? A little game of Hot Wheels?
你认为这算什么? 玩具车的小比赛吗?
I'm out $20,000 because of you.
为了你,害我输了两万块钱
Sorry. Sorry's not gonna cut it.
对不起 对不起不能解决事情
So you're gonna give me the keys to my car. You're gonna pay me my 20 G's...
你得把我的车子还我 你得付给我两万块钱…
...and I never wanna see your face again.
然后我再也不想看到你了
Dante, where am I gonna get $20,000?
丹帝,我上哪充去筹两万块钱?
Oh, you're gonna figure it out.
哦,你自己去想办法
Because if you don't...
因为如果你筹不出来…
...the only car you're gonna be driving in is a hearse.
你就只能躺在灵车之上了
Hey, how's your dad? He'll be better once we get him home.
嘿,你♥爸♥还好吗? 等我们接他回家后,就会比较好了
Look, I gotta run. His room's right around the corner.
好了,我得先走了 他的病房♥就在角落那边
He'll be happy to see you. Clark.
他看到你会很开心的 克拉克
Have you, by any chance, seen Adam?
你有没有见到亚当?
Is everything all right?
一切都还好吧?
I just hope your dad likes the balloons.
我只希望你♥爸♥喜欢这些汽球
It was either these or the "get well" teddy bear.
他们只有这些,不然就是 〝祝早日康复〞的泰迪熊
He'll love them.
他会喜欢汽球的
I'm gonna go.
我得先走了
Bye.
再见
Dr. Teng.
邓博士
If you'd bothered to read the sign, you'd know my office hours don't begin until 5.
如果你有看到门上的看板 你就知道我的办公室五点才开门
I'm not a student, doctor. I'm LeX Luthor.
我不是学生,博士 我是莱克斯路德
Am I supposed to be impressed?
我应该觉得受宠若惊吗?
Even the chancellor makes an appointment before he interrupts my work.
连校长要来打扰我的工作 都得先预约
I've heard you like to play doctor.
听说你很喜欢扮医师
Think I can get a checkup?
我可以检查一下吗?
I don't give physicals, Mr. Luthor.
我不检查身体,路德先生
Nor do I see any patients. I'm a research scientist.
也不看任何病人 我是研究颌域的科学家
What about Adam Knight?
那亚当奈特呢?
Isn't he a patient?
他不也是病人吗?
I told you. I don't I just don't understand...
我跟你说过,我不… 我真的不了解…
...why a world-renowned molecular biologist...
为何一位举世闻名的分子生物学家…
...would pay regular visits to a patient in a small-town hospital.
会愿意定期到一个小镇医院 探视一个病人
The amount of money your family funnels into this university...
你的家族把注本大学的金钱…
...does not grant you the right to storm in here and interrogate me.
并不赋予你闯入此地 质问我的特权
Now, if you'll eXcuse me, I have work to do.
好了,失陪啦 我还得工作
Does that work happen to involve blood platelets of unknown origin?
你的工作是否与 来历不明的血小板有关?
I think you've seen one too many sci-fi movies, Mr. Luthor.
我想你科幻电影看太多了 路德先生
No. I've simply been fascinated with the mysteries of hematology for some time.
不,我只是偶而 对神秘的血液学有兴趣
NeXt time, I'll be sure to call first.
下回我过来一定会记得先打电♥话♥
I wouldn't wanna interrupt a moment of inspiration.
我可不想干扰启发思想的重大时刻
From the way your dad's going off about Kansas State's free throws...
从你♥爸♥对堪萨斯州罚球 激♥情♥投入看来…
...I wouldn't know he had a heart attack.
我很难想像他有心脏病
It's nice of you to stop by, Pete.
感谢你.)lA道过来,彼得
Clark, I've known your dad almost as long as I've known my own.
克拉克,我认识你♥爸♥ 跟认识我爸一样久
How you holding up? lt was tough the first couple days...
你还撑得住吧? 前几天比较难熬…
...but now that he's out of the woods, I'm doing okay.
现在他已经没有危险了 我也好多了
Your dad's the strongest guy I know beside you.
除了你之外 你♥爸♥是我认识的人当中最强壮的
He's gonna be fine.
他不会有事的
I better get going.
我得走了
Pete, are you okay?
彼得,你没事吧?
Clark, you got enough on your plate without me adding to it.
克拉克,你的麻烦事够多了 不用再操心我
Pete!
彼得!
Don't worry about me.
不要担心我
What's going on?
到底怎么了?
Dante asked me to throw a race, and I couldn't do it.
丹帝要我在一场比赛中放水 我没办法放水
Now he's threatening to kill me unless I pay him the money that he lost in bets.
现在他威胁要杀了我 除非我赔他输掉的金额
How much is it?
有多少?
Twenty thousand dollars.
两万块钱
Clark, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
克拉克,我不知道该怎么办
All right, look. You're just gonna lay low for now.
好了,这样吧 你先低调一点
I'll figure something out.
我再想想办法
So you think Dante's more grand-theft auto than lndy 500, huh?
所以你认为丹帝不是印第5 00 车赛的好手而是小贼,是吧?
Why else would he have a collection of license plates with new registrations?
不然他干嘛收集一堆 新注册的车牌呢?
Journalistic obsessions aside, it seems like you have a vested interest in this story.
先不谈记者的本能 你对这个故事似乎很有兴趣
You know how it is. Once you start on a really good story...
你知道一接触到好故事 会有多么吸引人…
...you can't stop until you get to the bottom.
不追根究底是停不下来的
I just chatted with the motorheads up in auto shop.
我不久前才跟 汽车业界的驾驶好手谈过
Your source wouldn't happen to be Pete "The Boss" Ross, would it?
你的交谈的对象该不会是 〝大老板〞彼得罗斯吧?
I understand protecting your source...
我了解保护线索的重要性…
...but we're talking about Pete risking his life every time he goes for the checkered flag.
不过,重点在于彼得每一次 通过格子旗就有性命的危险
Pete asked me to keep it secret. I'm keeping my word.
彼得要求我要保密 我必须重承诺
Yeah, but you of all people should know that when your friend is being reckless...
对,不过你更应该了解 朋友如果行事鲁莽的话…
...sometimes keeping a secret hurts more than it helps.
保守他的秘密 不是在帮他反而是在害他
He needs a friend. Now, Pete might listen to me.
他需要朋友 彼得也许会听我的
What's that supposed to mean? It's called sibling rivalry.
这是什么意思? 这就叫手足的竞争意识
You and Pete are practically brothers.
你跟彼得根本就像亲手足
Now, from what I've heard...
依我的了解…
...sometimes it's difficult to take advice from your sibling.
有的时候,亲手足的忠告 往往是听不进去的
You were right about Jason Dante. He could be the poster boy for LoJack.
你对杰生丹帝的看法可能是对的 他可能是寻车集团的头号♥要犯
All of the VlN numbers you took down are for stolen cars.
你抄下的这些汽车辨识号♥码 都是失窃车
That's all the evidence we need. I'm gonna go talk to the sheriff.
这就是我们所需要的证据 我要跟警长谈谈
County sheriff! Hands where I can see them!
警♥察♥! 把手放在我可以看到的地方!
Drop that drill. Now!
放下钻子,快!
Good work, Mr. Kent.
做得好,肯特先生
It only took eight deputies and four cruisers...
只出动了 8个警官 4部警车…
...to discover that that barn was as clean as my grandma's pantry.
发现那个谷仓跟我阿嬷的橱柜 一样的清洁溜溜
But I saw those license plates.
可是我看到那些车牌了
The only plates in that barn were the ones in the kitchenette sink.
谷仓里唯一的牌 就是打人用里的木板牌
And none of the cars in there had VlN numbers similar to the ones you gave me.
而且在那里面的车子 车牌号♥码跟你给我的统统不一样
Sheriff, that's impossible. As usual, Mr. Kent...
警长,那是不可能的 跟以往一样,肯特先生…
...your information's about as accurate as the local weatherman.
你提供的资讯跟 气象报告一样的〝车〞
But I'm cutting you some slack this time...
不过,这次我放你一马…
...because I've had my eye on Jason Dante for a while now, and he is one slippery fish.
因为我已经目丁杰生丹帝 好一阵子了,他很狡滑
Next time you say there's a storm a-brewing, Mr. Kent...
下一次,你若要警告 有暴风雨要来了,肯特先生…
...I'd better see some rain.
最好让我先看到雨下来了再说
Pete?
彼得?
What happened to you?
你怎么了?
Dante thought I was the one that called the sheriff.
丹帝以为是我报♥警♥的
It was you.
是你
Dante knew about the raid, because he's got a deputy in his pocket.
丹帝知道警方的行动 因为他有个警♥察♥是他的人
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表