怎么像法
Like? How?
你们的道德观念很强
Your strong sense of ethics.
是 我们道德感强
Yeah, we are ethical.
还有呢 - 他们失控的样子
What else? - The way they spin out of control.
是啊 这点他们继承了我
That's true. They get that from me.
他们固执 - 我不固执啊 - 他们防御性强
Their stubbornness. - I'm not stubborn. - Their defensiveness.
你这是啥意思
What's that supposed to mean?
他们拒绝任何不接受他们观点的人
The way they dismiss anyone who doesn't share their opinion.
现在你就在犯傻了
Oh, now you're just being dumb.
最坏的情况是什么
Hey, what is the worst case scenario?
如果你发现你不是他们父亲
If you found out you weren't their father,
你对他们的爱会减少吗 - 不会
would you love them any less? - No, no.
呃 刚开始会有点吧 但肯定不会
Well, yeah, a little maybe, at first. But no, I'd...
我对他们还会是一样 希望他们也是
feel the same about them as I hope they would about me.
他们会的 你知道的
Which they would. And you know that.
是
Yeah.
你看 你也还是会爱Alice的吧
I mean, you'd still love Alice if you found out
假如你发现医院弄错了小孩 - 当然
you'd gotten the wrong baby at the hospital. - Sure.
作为警♥察♥ 我可看过不少这种事故
And as a cop, I've seen that happen more often than you'd think.
尤其是西雅图总医院
Especially at Seattle General.
Alice就是在那儿出生的
I had Alice at Seattle General.
抱歉 关键是 你还是会一样爱她
Oh, sorry. But the point was, that you'd love her just the same,
谁管她生母是谁
so who cares who her real mother is.
我是她生母 - 好吧 天哪
I'm her real mother! - Okay, geez.
Desmond怎么样 - Desmond Crane
How about "Desmond"? - Desmond Crane.
"Desmond Crane 因此判你"
"Desmond Crane you are hereby sentenced to..."
不 我不喜欢
No, I don't like it.
Jack呢
What about "Jack"?
恐怕不行
'Fraid not.
名的尾音和姓的首音一样
The first name ends with the same sound that begins the last name.
所以读起来要么是"JacKrane"
So you either run them together "JacKrane", or...
要么是恐怖的停顿"JacK Crane" "JacK Crane"
you face the dreaded glottal stop "JacK Crane", "JacK Crane".
嗓子不舒服
It's unpleasant for the throat.
这次谈话就让嗓子不舒服
This conversation's unpleasant for the throat.
好吧 我知道 对了
Well, I know, I know. Okay... OH!
要不就用我在医院的时候
Why don't we use the name of that nice nurse
那个好心护士的名字吧
from when I was in the hospital?
Fong还是DeShandra
"Fong" or "DeShandra"?
Fong
Fong.
等等 我们别太较真了
Well, wait. Let's not drive ourselves crazy about this.
就是给假想的宝宝取个临时名
It's a temporary name for a hypothetical child.
是 但一旦取了名字 就像真的了
Yes, but once you give something a name, it makes it more real.
这个名字就有种优先级别的感觉
And then that name will always have a sort of priority.
不管你说了多少次
I don't care how often you say
"升降机"还是"公♥寓♥"还是"交通协♥警♥"
"Elevator" or "Apartment" or "Crossing guard",
我始终叫他们"电梯"和"单元房♥"和"棒棒糖男"
to me they'll always be "Lifts" and "Flats" and "Lollipop men".
好吧 这样吧 你挑一个
Well then, tell you what. You pick a name
我无条件接受
and I'll accept it unconditionally.
Milton
"Milton".
Milton 伟大的诗人 极好的名字
"Milton". Great poet and a great name.
好极了 现在能睡觉了嘛 - 走吧
Great. Can we go to bed now? - Yes....
你有个踢足球的小流氓前男友叫Milton 对吧
Hey, didn't you have a soccer hooligan boyfriend named Milton?
对 我就是想到他了
Yeah. That's where I got it.
*我知道英格兰诸王 还能援引历史大战*
*I know the kings of England and I quote the fights historical,*
*从马拉松到滑铁卢 按类别排序*
*From Marathon to Waterloo in order categorical.*
*我也非常熟悉数学的领域*
*I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical*
*我了解一次和二次方程式*
*I understand equations both the simple and quadratical.*
*关于二项式定理我也紧跟研究步伐*
*About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot of news,*
*还有很多斜边平方的有趣轶闻*
*With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.*
*还有很多关于河马的可怕事实*
*With awful facts about the scary hippopotamus!*
真是音乐世家啊 - 当然
What a wonderfully musical family you are. - We sure are.
我和我孩子们 孩子们和我
Me and my boys. My boys and me. Yeah...
我们超级棒 我们精通音乐
We're wonderful and we're musical.
Martin 我必须说
Martin, I can't tell you
你苦心教育的成果非常好
what a wonderful job you've done with them.
哪里有苦 完全是发自血缘的荣幸
Oh, it wasn't a job, it was a biological pleasure!
别忘了还有Hester - 抱歉
And don't forget I had Hester. - Oh, excuse me.
你真幸运
Well, you were lucky.
她是个出色的女人 杰出的研究搭档
She was a splendid woman and a remarkable research partner.
更是个完美的生活伴侣
And an even better life partner.
这个我倒不清楚 - 废话 你当然不清楚
Well, I wouldn't know about that. - Damn straight you wouldn't.
Leland 你叫的车到了
Leland, your cab is waiting.
真快
Oh, so soon.
太感谢你们的热情款待了
Well, I can't thank you enough for all your courtesies.
如果你们来巴黎
If you are ever in Paris,
我一定尽地主之谊
you must allow me to repay your many kindnesses.
谢谢
Oh, thank you so much.
我太为你们俩感到骄傲了
I'm so proud of the way you boys have turned out.
Leland 我送你出去吧 - 谢谢
Leland, let me walk you out. - Thank you.
一路顺风
Bon voyage.
Leland 有个问题我要问你
Leland, there's a question I need to ask you.
当然 请讲
Yes, of course. Anything.
说起来我都有点不舒服
I'm a little uncomfortable even bringing it up,
但是不知道答案的话
but I don't think I could let you
我是没法让你离开的
leave the country without knowing the answer.
我知道
I know that you...
你和我妻子花了很多时间在一起
and my wife spent a lot of time together.
你们很亲近 - 我
That you were close... - I...
很爱她
loved her very much.
我想我的问题就是 有多爱
Then I guess my question is: How much?
多到信任她
Enough to trust her
告诉她我是同性恋
with the fact that I'm gay.
你知道 四十年前
You know, forty years ago,
人们不像现在一样接受同性恋的
people weren't as accepting as they are nowadays.
如果没有像她一样的人可以倾诉的话
And without someone like her to confide in...
她几乎拯救了我
She quite probably saved my life.
Leland 她也爱你
Leland, she loved you too.
她真了不起 不是吗 - 确实
She really was something, wasn't she? - She really was.
拜 Martin - 保重 Leland - 谢谢
Bye, Martin. - Take care, Leland. - Thank you.
我的孩子们 - *河边的柳树上 一只小山雀*
My boys. - *On a tree by a river, a littlie tom-tit...*
*唱着"柳树枝丫 柳树枝 柳树枝丫 柳树枝"*
*Sang "Willow, tit-willow, tit-willow".*
*我问他"鸟儿鸟儿 你为什么在这儿*
*And I said to him "Dicky-bird, why do you sit?*
*唱着柳树枝丫 柳树枝 柳树枝丫 柳树枝"*
*Singing 'Willow, tit-willow, tit-willow'?"*
*"小鸟儿 这不是智商有缺陷么" 我喊道*
*"Is it a weakness of intellect, birdie?" I cried*
*"还是你小肚子里有个顽强的虫子"*
*"Or a rather tough worm on your little inside?"*
天哪 你还在为那个申请挑名字吗
Oh, my God, are you still stuck picking a name for that application?
是啊 我们想不出好的 - 天 我来挑
Yeah, we can't come up with one. - Oh God, give it to me.
我来写 你永远都不必看
And then I'll fill it in, and you'll never have to see it,
你就不会再纠结了 - 太棒了
you won't feel stuck with it. - That's a great idea.
五年后
Howard Clifton正式被录取了
Howard Clifton is officially accepted.
下一位呢
Who do we have next?
姓Crane 名
Last name "Crane", first name...
Ichabod Crane是华盛顿欧文悬疑恐怖小说<沉睡谷传奇>中的角色
电影<断头谷>由此改编
Ichabod
..."Ichabod".
如果他们申请都不认真的话
Well, if they're not going to take the application seriously,
又怎么会把我们圣奥斯里克放在眼里
how can we expect them to take St. Osric's seriously?
申请拒绝
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表