Before we begin, I'd like to say how honored I am
在节目开始之前 我想说 能够接任这个位置
to be taking over this spot.
我感到万分荣幸
Obviously, I have some rather big shoes to fill.
我知道我的任务十分艰巨
My predecessor here was much beloved.
我的上一任深受观众喜爱
But I have never been one to shrink from a challenge.
但是我从来都不是会在挑战面前畏惧的人
And I'm sure that we'll all enjoy
我也确信 我们能够在这里 我的新家
many happy years here together in my new home.
一起度过很多年的愉快时光
Now, today on Medical Minute,
那么 在今天的<医学时刻>节目中
we're going to be tackling the sticky subject of...
我们要来解决一个十分棘手的问题
Thank you, Dr. Crane. Great audition.
谢谢你 Crane医生 很棒的试镜
Really? That's all you need?
真的吗 这样就可以了
I think we have a good idea what you're all about.
我想我们已经了解了你的风格
Excellent.
太好了
We'll be in touch. I'm sure you will.
我们再联♥系♥ 那肯定的
Next, please.
下一位
Oh, formalities. Yes, I understand.
哦 走程序嘛 我懂的
You know, perhaps I'll just take a walk around the station,
我应该先到台里随便走走
check out the dressing rooms, introduce myself to a few people.
看看试衣间啊 做做自我介绍啊什么的
Say, you know, is there a sign-up list for the softball team?
对了 现在可以报名垒球队吗
I'm sure that Frasier "Slugger"
"强击手"Frasier Crane
Crane's gonna be an asset to this station
能够发光发热的地方
in more ways than one.
可绝不只主播台哦
Morning, Frasier.
早啊 Frasier
Oh, good morning, Dad.
哦 早啊 爸
Little early for the piano, isn't it?
这会儿弹钢琴 是不是有点早啊
Yes, I'm sorry about that.
不好意思
You know, I woke up this morning
我早晨一起来就在想
thinking about that operetta I've been writing.
这部我正在写的歌♥剧
You know, the one about Robert and Elizabeth Browning.
就是关于勃朗宁夫妇的这部
And I think... Well, I just had to get right to it.
我就在想 不行 我得立马改改
Well, that's what I get for living in a big city.
看来这就是我生活在大城市里的代价吧
If it's not the horns waking you up,
吵醒你的如果不是喇叭声
it's someone writing an operetta about the Brownings.
那定是有人在写关于勃朗宁夫妇的歌♥剧
Well, you know, I'm pretty sure that I've solved the problem.
好啦 我确信我改好了
Good for you. But I'd have to hear it to be sure.
挺好嘛 但是我必须得听听看才能确定
I'll bet. Dad?
我想也是 爸
Forget it. Come on.
不可能 来嘛
No, no, no, I've done it once, that's enough.
不不不 我唱过一回了 绝不再唱
Come on, dad, it'll just take a minute.
来嘛 爸 只用一分钟
I just want to do this one section. Oh, all right.
就唱一小节 好吧
But I'm not doing the accent.
不过我才不要模仿英国口音
That's fine.
没问题
All right, we'll take it from right here.
好的 我们就从这里开始
Fine. All right.
行 好的
**What is it that you feel?*
*这种感觉是什么
**Love*
*爱
**That fear makes you conceal*
*它让你望而却步
**Love*
*爱
**The power's there to heal*
*治愈一切的力量
**Love*
*爱
**Reveal!*
*表明吧
*Take me in your arms...* I'm not doing this.
*将我拥入你的怀中* 我不唱了
All right, I'll just sing it with Niles later.
好吧 我等会叫Niles跟我唱好了
Oh, that'll cheer me up.
哦 那我可真"开心"
Dad, be careful of those sketches there.
爸 别动那些图纸
Sketches?
图纸
Yes, you know, I've been planning on redecorating the apartment.
对啊 我打算重新装♥修♥一下咱家
I thought why not just design my own furniture?
我就想着 为什么不自己设计家具呢
Boy, Frasier, you know,
嚯 Frasier
you've been taking on a lot of big projects lately.
你最近忙的可都是大项目啊
Well, Dad, you see, any moment
爸 你看 电♥话♥随时可能响起
that phone is going to ring with another job offer,
随之而来的是一份工作邀请
and this blessed little hiatus will be over.
那样我的美好小假期就会结束了
I want to have achieved
我是想抓紧时间尽可能多的
as many of my life's ambitions as possible.
实现我的人生理想啊
Gee, Dad, you know, frankly, you should take up a project or two.
爸 其实你也应该找点事情做
Me? What are you talking about? I'm doing stuff all the time.
我 你说什么呢 我一直有事做啊
Well just this weekend, I taught Eddie a great new trick.
就这个周末 我刚教会Eddie一个新花样
Really? Come here, boy. Yeah, I'll show you.
是吗 过来 宝贝 我给你展示展示
It starts out: I point a gun at him.
开始是这样的 我用枪指着他
I like it so far.
不错 我喜欢
Then I say, "Freeze, punk, it's all over."
然后我说 "不许动 小兔崽子 都结束了"
It's all over.
"都结束了"
Oh, come on, Eddie, you're supposed to go like this.
哦 不是吧 Eddie 你应该这样躺倒的
Well done, Dad.
干得漂亮 爸
Now you just have to teach Eddie to say, "It's all over."
现在你只需要教会Eddie说 "都结束了"
Can someone help me here? What is all that?
谁能帮我一下吗 你拿了一堆什么啊
Some books Dr. Crane sent me to get from the storage space.
Crane医生让我从储藏室拿的一些书
It's research I'm doing for a novel I'm planning.
是我为写小说所做的研究
Gee, Daphne, I was beginning to wonder what was taking you so long.
天 Daphne 我都开始纳闷你怎么去了这么久
Well, forgive me, but I did have to move three crates,
抱歉啊 我得先搬开三个箱子
a rowing machine and a cast-iron bathtub out of the way first.
一个划船健身器和一个生铁浴缸
Oh, look at that, the only
哦 看啊 我真正需要的那本书
book I really wanted was in the shelf already.
其实就在书架上
Here, Daphne, you'll have to take these back down.
来 Daphne 你得把这些书再搬回去
Oh, my God, that's my duck!
天呐 我的鸭子熟了
All right. Thank you, Daphne.
好吧 谢了 Daphne
When you're done, I need you to run some errands for me.
你都弄好了之后 我需要你再帮我些忙
I need a very sturdy lemon zester,
我需要一个坚固的柠檬剥皮器
some more music paper, some potting soil and an easel.
一些五线谱纸 盆栽土 还有一个画架
Oh, be happy to.
哦 好的呀
Then after that, maybe I could draw a bath,
之后我是不是还得画个浴缸
strip you naked and scrub you with a loofah.
帮你宽衣 再拿个浴花给你搓搓背啊
Would that be all right, Dr. Crane? Yes.
怎么样 Crane医生 要的要的
I didn't even see you standing there.
我都没看见你站在这
Niles, can I talk to you about something? Yeah, just a second, Dad.
Niles 我能跟你说点事吗 好 稍等一下哈 爸
Okay.
好了
Well, it's about Frasier.
是关于Frasier的
Ever since he got fired, he's been so weird.
自从被解雇之后 他变得可奇怪了
All these projects he's got going.
一天天忙些不着调的
Yeah, don't worry, it's normal. He's simply in a state of denial.
没事 别担心 这很正常 他只是处在否认期而已
Denial about what? About getting fired.
否认啥啊 被解雇啊
People like Frasier's whole identity revolves around their job.
对Frasier这样的人来说 工作是一切身份地位的中心
The loss of the job is like a... Like a death.
失去工作对他来说就像 面对死亡一样
And they cope with it the same way they would with a death,
然后他们也如同面对死亡一样来应对
by going through a series of stages. The first one's denial.
经历不同的几个阶段 第一个就是否认期
Usually, that's followed by anger, then...
通常 下一阶段是愤怒 然后是
I've done it! Escoffier's most difficult dish,
我成功了 Escoffier最难的一道菜
done to tangy perfection.
简直太完美了
You know, sometimes I think I may have missed my calling
有时候我就觉得我不去做大厨
not becoming a gourmet chef.
绝对是选错了行
I see we're still in stage one. Hello, Niles.
看来还在第一阶段呢 嗨 Niles
Hey, Frasier, you ready for our squash date?
嗨 Frasier 准备好去打壁球了吗
Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry.
哦 天 不好意思啊
I'm gonna have to cancel. I'll be cooking all morning.
我不得不取消了 我早晨一直在做饭
What for? Well, actually, I'm holding a little picnic
为啥 其实 我要为KACL台的员工
for the KACL employees and their families.
和他们的家人举办一次野餐
As you may recall, I did get them all fired.
你或许还记得 我害他们都被解雇了
So I was just hoping to make amends
所以我想 用一些香煎橙汁鸭胸
by serving up a little Duck a I'Orange and an alfresco mea culpa.
和一份户外的道歉 来作补偿
You know, people like chips at a picnic too.
人们野餐的时候也喜欢吃薯片的
Excuse me. Hello?
抱歉 你好
Ah, yes, Bebe.
啊 是我 Bebe
Yes. Yes, the television job.
对 对 那档电视节目
Oh, yes, yes.
哦 对 对
Oh, what a relief.
哦 真是松了口气啊
Thank you. Bye-bye.
谢谢你 拜拜
You got it? No, thank goodness.
录取你了 没有 谢天谢地
That job starts tomorrow. I have got things to do.
这工作明天就要开始 我还有很多事要做呢
Oh, I'm sorry, Frasier.
太遗憾了 Frasier
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表