Niles, what are you doing?
Niles 你在干嘛
This fruit-nut muffin contains a number of things I don't care for.
这个果仁松饼里面有我不喜欢的东西
Currants, a husk of something...
小葡萄干啦 什么东西的糠皮啦
Away, wrinkly thing.
快走开 你这皱巴巴的东西
You know, if you and Maris ever reconcile,
要是你和Maris重归于好了
I'm going to miss these tranquil mornings.
我还真会怀念这些平静的早晨的
I reading my newspaper,
我看我的报纸
you tweezing your muffin.
你挑你的松饼
Hey, boys. Hello, Dad.
早上好 孩儿们 早上好 老爸
Hey, I got a letter from my old Army pal, Bud Farrell.
我收到老战友小白寄来的信
The whole platoon's getting
我们整个野战排
together next weekend in Rattlesnake Ridge.
下周末要在响尾蛇岭聚会
Good for you.
真好
Speaking of old chums, Daphne,
说起老朋友 Daphne
a Clive called for you a little earlier.
刚刚有个叫Clive的给你打电♥话♥
Clive? Did he sound British?
Clive 他口音听起来像英国人吗
No, he was one of those fiery Mexican Clives.
不 是个火爆的墨西哥人
He said he'd call back. Yeah, I'll bet he will.
他说他晚点再打过来 这我倒料着了
Oh, boy, I can't wait to see the old gang.
一想到要见这群老家伙 我都迫不及待了
Dad, you're not thinking of driving
爸 你不会是想一路开车
all the way to Rattlesnake Ridge?
去响尾蛇岭吧
It's five hours away.
那得开5个小时才能到
You know how your hip stiffens up.
你那老胯哪儿受得了啊
No problem. They said I can bring a guest.
没事 他们说我可以带个人去
So who's the lucky one?
这幸运儿会是谁呢
Well, by my count, two of us get to be lucky.
在我看来 没被选中的两个人才是幸运儿吧
Come on, they're great guys.
得了 他们人都可好啦
Stinky, Wolfman, Boom-Boom,
臭臭 狼人 嘣嘣
Jim. Of course, his name's not really Jim.
还有吉姆 不过他本名不是吉姆
We call him that because he likes to drink Jim Beam.
我们这么叫是因为他爱喝吉姆酒
Just like we call Hank "Bud"
就像我们管Hank叫小白
Because he drinks Budweiser.
因为他喜欢喝百威啤酒
Come on, you'd love these guys.
拜托 你们会喜欢他们的
We're sherry drinkers, Dad. Think about it.
我们可是喝雪莉酒的 老爸 想想也知道
Anyway, I have a conference that weekend.
我这周末要参加一个会议
Yeah, and I have me friend Megan's birthday party.
我要去我朋友Megan的生日聚会
Fras?
Fras
Oh, please let that be Megan
老天保佑是Megan打来的
needing a clown for her party.
她就是需要小丑的话我也去
Hello?
你好
Oh, Clive.
哦 Clive
Yes, it has been a long time, hasn't it?
可不是 好久没联♥系♥了
Oh, I am sorry. I have dinner plans tonight.
抱歉 我今晚有约了
Well, maybe just a drink, then. Say 6:30?
要不一起喝一杯吧 6点半怎么样
Me too. Bye.
我也是 拜拜
Oh, hell.
老天爷
So who is this Clive?
这Clive是谁呀
An exboyfriend? Worse.
前男友吗 比那更可怕
ex-Fiance
前未婚夫
You were engaged?
你订过婚
For years. Oh, we were mad for each other.
订了好几年呢 我们爱得痴狂
He was very sweet
他特别温柔
and had the most gorgeous eyes you ever saw.
有着最漂亮的眼睛
But? Oh, yes, that too.
但是(屁♥股♥) 没错 那个也是
I just couldn't see a future with him.
我跟他在一起看不到未来
I mean, the man was a total layabout.
这人就是个无业游民
No ambition, no drive.
没志向 没追求
He couldn't hold a job.
甚至不能干好一份工作
All he wanted to do was tinker about with his car.
整天就想着怎么捣腾他的车
His hands were always black from the motor oil.
手上老是有黑色的机油印子
What a brutish habit.
多粗俗的习惯呀
If God had intended me to work on my Mercedes,
老天是不指望我亲自打理我的奔驰
he wouldn't have given me Horst.
不然怎么会让我遇到我的汽修师呢
I had to break it off.
我不得不跟他分手
But I wanted to let him down easily,
但又不想太伤他的心
so I said if we were still free in five years,
于是就说 如果五年后我们还是单身
we could try again.
就再续前缘
And here he is, right on schedule.
所以他就来了 分毫不差
What do I say to him?
我可怎么跟他说呀
Be honest. Tell him how you feel.
说出你的真实想法
What, to break the poor thing's heart all over again?
什么 在这可怜人的伤口上再撒把盐
In the long run,
长远来看
honesty's the best way to avoid unnecessary anguish.
诚实才是避免不必要痛苦的最好办法
Well, case in point.
眼前就有一个例子
Dad, I do not have plans for next weekend,
老爸 我下周末没什么事
but I do not intend to spend it in the middle of nowhere
但也不想去鬼知道什么地方
with Budweiser and Boilermaker
跟百威啤酒 鸡尾酒
and their liver-damaged friend, Seltzer.
他们有肝病的朋友矿泉水一起过周末
Well, that's fine. There will be other reunions.
那好吧 以后还会有聚会的
There, you see? No evasions,
看到了吧 没有逃避
no convenient conferences,
没有什么不存在的会议
just simple honesty.
就是诚实以待
Course, I don't suppose Jim'll make it next time.
当然了 我觉得吉姆活不到下次聚会了
Says here he just had his third bypass.
信里说他刚做了第三个心脏支架
But I guess I'll see him at his funeral.
但是没事 我可以去他的葬礼上看他
Off to work.
我去工作了
Unless I go first!
除非我先翘辫子了
All right! I'll drive you to your stupid reunion.
行了 我送你去那个愚蠢的聚会
Thanks, son.
谢了 儿子
I guess I better wait a few days
我最好过几天再告诉他
to tell him about Stinky needing a ride.
臭臭也得搭我们的车
And in closing, this goes out to Keith,
最后 我要跟Keith留个话
the narcoleptic I spoke to earlier.
也就是刚刚打进来的嗜眠患者
I'd be glad to resume our conversation
希望等你更清醒一点的时候
when you feel a bit more alert.
咱们再继续讨论你的问题
But in the meantime,
但是同时
I suggest that you reconsider applying for
我建议你再考虑一下要不要去应征
that air-traffic-control position.
那个空中交通管制的职位
This is Dr. Frasier Crane,
我是Frasier Crane医生
KACL 780 A.M.
KACL 780频道
Brilliant show, Frasier.
今天的节目这不错 Frasier
Chock-full of pithy insight.
全是精辟的见解
What do you want? A favor.
你想求我♥干♥嘛 帮个忙呗
Bonnie Weems, the Auto Lady,
Bonnie Weems 就是做汽车秀的那位
just asked me to another one of her wretched dinner parties.
又拉我去参加她那悲催的晚宴
I'm planning on saying
我准备跟她说
that you and I have ballet tickets that night,
咱俩准备那天晚上去看芭蕾剧
so do back me up. I'm sorry, I can't.
请和我统一口径 抱歉 我帮不了你了
No, you've got to.
不行 你必须帮我
Have you any idea how vile her food is?
你知不知道她们家的饭有多难吃
The local raccoons have posted warning signs on her trash bin.
连浣熊都觉得她家的垃圾桶是觅食禁地
Yes, you see, she already invited me,
她刚才邀请过我了
and I told her I was driving my father
我已经跟她说那天我得送我爸
to his Army reunion at Rattlesnake Ridge.
去响尾蛇岭参加战友的聚会
Oh, very clever.
聪明啊
Well, I'd use it myself,
我倒也想用这个借口
only I killed my father off
只是为了不去她的劳动节野餐
to escape her Labor Day clambake.
我说去参加我爸的葬礼了
Oh, Roz. Listen, I'm going to the opera tomorrow night.
Roz 我明晚要去歌♥剧院了
You didn't happen to remember to bring my--?
你有没有带我的
Oh, your opera glasses.
看歌♥剧用的望远镜
I'm so sorry. They completely slipped my mind.
真抱歉 我居然给忘了
I wouldn't mind if you hadn't borrowed them
我本来也不介意 但你借去就是为了
to ogle that bodybuilder that moved in across the street.
偷♥窥♥对面的健身教练
I've looked once or twice.
我就看过一两次
It's not like I copied his name off his mailbox
我又没有从邮箱上抄下他的名字
so I could look up his number
从电♥话♥黄页里找到他的号♥码
and call him while he's in the shower
在他洗澡的时候给他电♥话♥
so I could watch him cross the room naked
好看他裸着穿过房♥间
to answer the phone in front of the picture window.
去落地窗前接电♥话♥
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表