剧集 | 陨落星辰(2011) | 导航列表
Given that, our civilian authorities
因此 当局决定
decided to use the lull to regroup and rebuild.
利用这个空档重建城市 重组军队
until that changes,
在这些实现之前
we're not in the business of picking fights.
我们不能挑起争端
The civilian leader Manchester --
当局领导人曼彻斯特
he calls the shots for the military, too?
连军队的事也要干预吗
As he'll be happy to remind you,
他会告诉你
he does have 230 years of American tradition on his side.
美国230年的传统都是这样
Manchester was one of the first settlers
曼彻斯特是最初的定居者之一
and wound up becoming their leader by default.
紧接着被默许成为首领
But as our numbers grew,
但是随着队伍的扩大
he made sure his people knew who to thank
他让人们意识到一天能吃上三顿饭
for their three squares a day, full bellies.
填饱肚子应该感谢谁
It made him very popular.
所以他有很高的声望
Captain Weaver!
韦弗上尉
Captain, you better get out here.
上尉 你最好出来下
Calm down! Nothing's been decided yet!
冷静点 一切还没有定夺
Damn it, I am ordering you
该死 我命令你退后
to step back and allow us to continue.
让我们执行命令
I don't take your orders, sergeant.
我不接受你的命令 中士
And I'm not letting you split these people up
我也不会让你无缘无故分开他们
or disarm them without a reason!
或解除他们的武装
What the hell is going on here?
到底怎么回事
Captain, They're spreading the 2nd Mass out
上尉 他们正把第二团分散到
across a dozen different housing areas.
十几个居民区中去
This is not a damn resort!
这又不是什么玩的地方
You will go where you are told!
让你去哪就去哪
You better back off!
你最好退后
At ease! At ease, Sergeant Clemons.
冷静 冷静 克莱蒙斯中士
Jim?
吉姆
These people have had each other's backs for months.
这几个月来大家互相扶持才走到现在
I understand that.
我明白
And you've got to understand this isn't punitive.
你得明白这不是惩罚
Down here, we store all the weapons in a central area,
这里我们把所有武器集中储藏
and then we issue them according to mission.
然后再根据任务情况给分发
We're just salting your people in where they belong.
我们只是让大家各有所归
Now, that said, you tell me "No way,"
你要还是不同意
I'll back your position.
我也没办法
Hold on!
安静
I may not like it,
虽然我不太乐意
but the Colonel is making sense.
但上校说的有道理
We're here now.
现在我们在这里
We're in Charleston.
我们在查尔斯顿
We're in charleston.
我们在查尔斯顿
Tom.
汤姆
No, Captain Weaver's right.
韦弗上尉是对的
We need to start thingking beyond the 2nd Mass now.
我们不再仅仅是马萨诸塞州第二团
Good.
很好
Carry on, Sergeant Clemons.
继续 克莱蒙斯中士
Yes, sir.
是 长官
It's the South Carolina gazette.
是南卡罗莱纳报
You're kidding.
开玩笑吧
And an invitation.
还有一封邀请函
Arthur wants to see me first thing.
亚瑟想马上见我
So much for sleeping in.
睡懒觉是没戏了
I'm assigned to the medical clinic with Lourdes.
我和卢尔德被分配到医疗室
Look at us -- commuters on our way to the office.
看我们都变成整天赶办公室的上班族了
If I had a pot, I'd make us some coffee.
如果有只壶 我会煮点咖啡
If I had a cup, I'd drink it.
如果有只杯子 我会喝点咖啡
Tom. Come in.
汤姆 进来
Go ahead. Take one.
来吧 尝一个
They look delicious.
看起来很好吃
You grew these here?
是你在这里种的吗
First crop from our hydroponic garden.
水培花♥园♥的第一批产物
Another baby step toward self-sufficiency.
向自给自足又迈进了一小步
So, tell me -- what do you think of Charleston so far?
告诉我 现在你对查尔斯顿有什么看法
I think if you'd asked me that question three days ago,
我以为三天前你就该问我了
I never would have believed
我从没想过
a place like this was even possible.
能有这么一个地方
It's a new beginning, Tom -- from the ground up,
这是一个新开始 汤姆 从头开始
and that includes forming a true government.
包括重建一个真正的政♥府♥
So I heard from your pilot -- Avery.
已经听你的助手艾弗里说了
Hell of a woman.
真拿女人没办法
Your book -- "From darkness, democracy."
你的书 《民♥主♥生于黑暗》
Go ahead. You can keep that.
拿去吧 送给你了
Our founding fathers had remarkable foresight,
我们的开国者有惊人的远见
but not even they could have imagined an alien attack.
但即使是他们也没料到外星人入侵
We're going to need a political system
我们需要一个专为入侵后的世界
designed for a post-invasion world, Tom.
而设计的政♥治♥体系 汤姆
We could be like Washington and Jefferson,
我们可以像华盛顿和杰弗逊一样
founders of a new democracy.
创建新的民♥主♥
I have to admit --
我得承认
the historian in me is intrigued.
我心底历史学家的激♥情♥被触动了
I'm happy to hear it,
很高兴你这么说
Because you come at a critical moment.
因为你来得正是时候
there's a confidence vote scheduled for tomorrow --
明天有一场信任表决
a referendum on my leadership.
是对我领导权的公♥投♥
It's pro forma, really --
只是走个形式 真的
A chance for the settlers to blow off some steam.
给移居者机会发泄一下
I can't imagine you would have a problem.
毫无疑问你没问题
But I could always use another arrow in my quiver.
但我要做两手准备
I'm hoping you would stand with me.
我希望你和我一起
I'd be honored, Arthur.
我很荣幸 亚瑟
I'll be there, of course.
我会去的 一定去
Although, I think you may want to reconsider
但是 也许听了我要说的之后
after you hear what I have to tell you.
会愿意重新考虑
Now I'm intrigued.
我很想听
May I? Please.
可以吗 请
We've had several encounters with the aliens
过去几周里我们和外星人
over the last few weeks.
交锋过几次
And I know it's hard to believe, but we think...
我知道说起来难以相信 但我们认为
that a group of them have turned against the overlords.
有一群外星人开始反抗它们的领主
"Turned," meaning...
"反抗"是指...
Meaning that the skitters were enslaved,
那些迅猎兽其实也是被支使的
just like our harnessed kids,
和被脊甲化的孩子们一样
and that a few of them want to fight back
而有些迅猎兽想反抗
Just as much we do.
就和我们一样
Well, so far, this sounds like good news.
这么看 这是好消息
All we have to do is stand back
我们只需按兵不动
and let the bastards kill each other off.
让这些混♥蛋♥们狗咬狗
Or we can ally with the rebel skitters
或者我们和叛乱的迅猎兽结盟
and hit the overlords with everything we got.
全力对抗那些领主
You're serious?
你认真的吗
Trust the skitters?
信任迅猎兽吗
If I hadn't lived through the last couple weeks,
如果不是经历了过去几周
I would be just as skeptical.
我也不会相信它们
It's one of the reasons we wanted to keep this quiet
所以我才想等到有机会时
until we had a chance to talk.
再慢慢告诉你
Well, I appreciate the discretion, Tom,
我很欣赏你的谨慎 汤姆
because even a hint of this,
因为即使是一点点这种想法
and we would be facing a panic.
也会引起恐慌
And with this vote --
还有这次公♥投♥
Arthur, I'm talking about
亚瑟 我想说的是
the possibility of turning this war around.
我们可能扭转战局
And I'm telling you, Tom, not to say another word.
我也告诉你 汤姆 闭嘴
Your friendship means a lot to me, Tom,
我很珍惜我们的友谊 汤姆
but I will not jeopardize this city --
但我不会陷这座城市于危险
not even for you.
即使是为了你
Jeanne.
珍
Got a minute?
有时间吗
剧集 | 陨落星辰(2011) | 导航列表