剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
left the military to go to law school
立志成为一名检察官
with the intention to be a prosecutor.
他父亲是现任陆军部长
His father is currently the secretary of the army.
我告诉你 因为他已经组织了
Now, I'm telling you this because he has opened
针对普渡制药的秘密大陪审团
a secret grand jury into Purdue Pharma.
什么时候开始的
Since when?
我们认为是四五个月之前吧
We think maybe four or five months ago,
但我们也不太确定
but we're not exactly sure.
打给州长 或者议员
Call the governor or a senator.
他们管不了检察官
They have no authority over a U.S. Attorney.
这两位是协助检察官查案的人
Now, these are the assistant U.S. Attorneys running the case,
里克·曼卡索和兰迪·拉姆塞尔
Rick Mountcastle and Randy Ramseyer.
这两位都是顶尖的公诉人
Both men are top prosecutors
都有着强烈的正义感
and are driven by a strong sense of justice.
拉姆塞尔 他是当地高中体育的裁判员
Ramseyer, he referees local high school sports
与这一地区的联♥系♥非常深厚
and has a deep connection to the region.
曼卡索曾经起诉过黑帮
Mountcastle used to prosecute mobsters
在40岁时皈依了基♥督♥教
and converted to Christianity at the age of 40.
你和我说这些干嘛
Why are you telling me all this?
让你知道你无法买♥♥通他们
So that you understand they cannot be bought.
他们不会对案件轻言放弃
They cannot be pushed off the case.
他们不会像缅因州的检察官一样
They will not be seeking our employment
离职后来我们这上班
when they leave office like the U.S. Attorney in Maine.
而且很有可能
And it is very likely
他们马上会用传票传唤普渡的内部文件
that they will soon subpoena Purdue's internal documents
对我们提出重大指控
to make a major case against us.
检察官可能对我们这样的公♥司♥
The damage a U.S. Attorney can do
造成巨大的伤害
for a company like us is staggering.
他们可以罚到我们倾家荡产
They can fine us to death.
他们还可以针对个人提出刑事指控
And they can bring criminal charges against individuals.
你觉得这事有可能发生吗
You think that's possible?
不是有可能 是很可能
It's not possible. It's likely.
阿帕拉契亚的人们很生气
These people in Appalachia are very angry,
现在他们的检察官盯上我们了
and now their U.S. Attorney is coming for us.
我们会雇佣鲁迪·朱利亚尼
We're gonna hire Rudy Giuliani,
他会在高层中
and he'll be able to lobby high up
在司法部门和白宫中为我们游说
in the chain of the Justice Department and the White House,
但最终我们必须得出血
but eventually there will be a price to pay.
从现在开始
From this point on,
你必须尽一切可能
you need to do everything you can
减少个人责任
to reduce personal liability.
最终很有可能有人要去坐牢
It's very possible people are going to prison,
我不希望是你
and I don't want that to be you.
汽车旅馆
伊丽莎白·安
Elizabeth Ann?
你好
Hello?
我是弗吉尼亚州卫♥生♥部♥的萨利·华盛顿
This is Sally Washington from the Virginia Health Department
给塞缪尔·芬尼克斯回电
returning for Samuel Finnix.
是的 没错 谢谢你打给我
Yeah, yeah. Thanks for calling me.
我想...
Uh, listen, I will...
-滚开 我知道是你偷的 -不好意思
- Fuck off, I know you fucking took it from me! - Excuse me?
-什么情况 -抱歉 我打电♥话♥是想说
- What was that? - Sorry, I was calling
关于弗吉尼亚州的药物辅助治疗诊所的事情
about the, uh, MAT clinics in Virginia.
有什么问题吗
What about them?
我看到人们服用苏博酮和美♥沙♥酮♥
Well, I've seen people have really good results
效果都很好
with Suboxone and methadone,
但可惜很少有提供这些药物的诊所
and seems to me the problem is that there are so few clinics
人们无法拿到这些药物
that people just can't get access to the drugs.
我理解这个问题
I understand the problem,
但人们都不希望自己的社区中有治疗中心
but people don't want treatments centers in their community.
主要是政♥治♥问题 无法实现 很遗憾
It's just a political nonstarter, i'm sorry to say.
好吧 我理解
Yeah, I understand.
那好吧
Well, okay.
谢谢您的致电
Well, thanks for your time.
伊丽莎白·安
Hey, Elizabeth Ann!
醒醒
Hey, wake up!
醒醒
Hey!
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我给你带了咖啡
I brought you coffee.
谢谢
Thanks.
来吧
Come on.
我要帮你离开这里
I gotta get you out of this place.
校车
你以前在矿上工作吗
Did you work in the mines?
是的
Yes, I did.
我参加了那次抗♥议♥
I was in that protest.
你的表现很好
You are doing very well.
没有复吸或是对阿片类药物的依赖
No relapses or craving for opiates.
如果你想 我们可以给你减少药量
If you want, we can try and taper you down.
你觉得我有可能完全戒掉吗
You think one day I can just be completely off it?
像我说过的 可能很难
Like I said, it can be hard
彻底摆脱药物依赖
to get off the medication permanently,
但有人可以
but some do.
如果不试试怎么知道呢
We won't know until we try.
你怎么考虑呢 塞缪
So what do you think, Sam?
我真的很想再次成为医生
I just really wanna be a doctor again.
-怎么样了 -不太好
- What's up? - No good.
诈骗部门赞同你的起诉备忘录
Fraud unit agreed with your prosecution memo,
但很遗憾 刑事法庭不这样认为
but unfortunately, it didn't sway the criminal division.
妈的
Shit.
听着 同事们都支持你
Look, the career guys are with you,
但你最终还是会
but I think you'll ultimately get blocked
被政♥治♥力量所阻挠
by the political appointees.
这也太操蛋了
This is so fucked.
但他们或许能做些妥协
I know, but there may be a compromise here.
普渡暗示了他们同意对高管进行轻罪处罚
Purdue's hinting they'd go for misdemeanors against the execs.
轻罪
Misdemeanors.
公♥司♥会承认重罪指控
And the company will plead guilty to felonies
支付巨额罚款
and pay a substantial fine.
你们还是获得了重大的胜利
You'd end up with a big win.
这些执行总裁应该坐牢
Those executives belong in jail.
但如果你起诉了却在法庭上败诉会怎么样
But what happens if you indict and lose in court?
就会竹篮打水一场空
I get nothing.
起诉会面临很多风险
There's a lot of risk with indicting.
我个人认为你应该接受轻罪指控
Personally, I think you should take the misdemeanors
免得司法部全部否决
before Main Justice shuts it all down.
兰迪
Randy.
长官
Sir.
我们很乐意去罗诺克找您
We would have been happy to have come out to Roanoke.
这案子真不得了
It's a hell of a case.
商业街上的几个老兵
A couple of AUSAs in a strip mall
挑战全国最富有的家族
taking on one of the wealthiest families in the country.
备忘录让司法部
Did the memo get Main Justice
决定支持重罪指控吗
over the finish line on felony charges?
应该是没有
I don't think it did.
我们仍然可以上法庭 但可能会一败涂地
But there's also a chance we go to court and lose everything.
所以我达成了协议
That's why I made a deal.
-那就已经结束了 -是的
- It's finished then. - It is.
来坐吧
All right, have a seat.
所以这三位高管将被以轻罪起诉
So the three executives will plead to misdemeanors.
后果严重 会有三年缓刑期
Significant consequences, and there's three years' probation.
400小时的社区服务
It's 400 hours of community service,
他们在医药界的职业生涯也会结束
and their careers in pharmaceuticals are effectively over.
-轻罪 -但如果不提出重罪指控
- Misdemeanors. - But without felonies, we got no shot
我们就无法让他们反水 供出赛克勒家族了
at any of them ever flipping on the Sacklers.
是的 但是毕竟
Yeah, but at the end of the day,
即使起诉重罪 也不能保证他们会
we're not sure they would have.
是啊
Right.
我坦率地和你们讲
And look, I'll be honest with you guys. I, uh...
我认为司法部能允许我们做的
I think that this is about as far as Main Justice
也就是这些了
was going to let us go.
很抱歉 长官
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表