剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
你就要飞黄腾达的事业
that's about to get a lot more lucrative.
谢谢 我不会的
Thank you. I won't.
好吧
Okay.
这是缉毒署全面的尸检报告
This is an exhaustive DEA autopsy study
显示奥施康定依照医嘱
that demonstrates the dangers of OxyContin
被服用的危险性
when taken as prescribed.
我已经请了黛博拉·莱德曼
I've asked Deborah Leiderman,
药监局的控制药品主管
the FDA's controlled substances director,
加入我们 因为我们没能提前拿到这份报告
to join us since we didn't get the report ahead of time.
我认为有必要借助她的专业知识
I thought her expertise would be necessary.
-当然 -谢谢
- Of course. - Thank you.
缉毒署药理学家大卫·戈文
DEA pharmacologist David Govin
会跟你们详述这些数据
will now take you through the data
数据来源于1304例尸检
which was derived from 1,304 autopsies.
首先
To start off,
我们发现98%确认因用过奥施康定的死者
we uncovered that 98% of our verified OxyContin user deaths
并非那些
were not drug abusers
碾碎该药 然后吸食或注射的瘾君子
who crushed and then snorted or injected the drug.
他们只是如药监局批准的方式吞服的
They had simply swallowed it, as approved by the FDA.
我们知道这是实情 因为我们有照片为证
We know this to be true because we had photographs of the pills
显示尸检时药片还安好无损在死者胃部
intact in their stomachs at the time of autopsy.
你们不可能确定他们是因服用奥施康定而死
It's not possible to determine OxyContin-verified deaths
因为毒理检验报告通常不会列出
since the toxicology reports usually do not list
死亡时其他药物的精确含量
exact levels of the other drugs at the time of death.
缉毒署标记的服用奥施康定死亡案例
The DEA marked a death as OxyContin-verified
是只有当血液中奥施康定的含量
only if the level of OxyContin in the bloodstream
本身足以致死的那些
was high enough to be deadly on its own.
假设检测结果是准确的
Assuming the measurements were accurate,
我们又怎么知道呢
how do we know that?
测量结果怎么会不准确呢
Why would they be inaccurate?
这些数据是直接从尸检报告产生的
The data came directly from the autopsy reports.
而且我们只算了和镇定剂
And we only counted drug combinations
和抗抑郁的药物组合
with tranquilizers and anti-depressants,
这些药通常会和奥施康定一起开
drugs commonly prescribed with OxyContin
来减轻患者疼痛时的焦虑
to reduce anxiety amongst pain patients.
很可能
In all likelihood,
出于对准确性的谨慎考虑
we undercounted the number of OxyContin overdoses
我们低估了奥施康定过量用药的案例数量
out of an abundance of caution for accuracy.
好了 好了 首先
Okay, okay. First of all,
普渡制药没有事先得到这些数据
Purdue had not been given access to this data in advance,
这就使我们无法发现
making it impossible for us to uncover errors
这些法医所犯的错误
made by these medical examiners.
而且粗略看了一下 在我看来报告的科学性
And at first glance, the science appears to me
很不成熟 而且过度简单
as rudimentary and overly simplistic.
如果我们有更多的时间作出回应
If we had more time to respond,
我们可以完全消除他们现有的顾虑
we could make crystal clear how far off they are.
没错
Absolutely.
这个报告非常全面
This study is exhaustive...
彻底 结果也很保守
thorough...conservative.
黛博拉
Deborah?
我更偏向普渡制药的观点
I tend to agree with Purdue on this.
光凭这些尸检报告目前还无法下定论
These autopsy reports are inconclusive at this point.
至少不像缉毒署所说的那样证据确凿
Or at least not as definitive as the DEA has presented them.
且我们自己的数据未显示出缉毒署指出的问题
And our own data does not underscore the DEA's analysis,
老实说 我也觉得模棱两可
which to be honest, I also find ambiguous.
仅基于这份报告
Based on this study alone,
我认为没必要造成恐慌
I don't find any cause for panic.
很好 很好
Great, great.
所以你们打算就这样忽略这些结果
So you're just going to ignore the results?
我没有在忽略它们 我只是不赞同
I'm not ignoring them. I'm disagreeing with them.
药监局在一年前就换掉了警示标签
The FDA changed the warning label a year ago
还给它加了黑框警告
and gave it a black box warning,
这是个严厉的处罚 也很合理
which was a harsh rebuke. And appropriate.
是的
Yes.
但在这个尸检报告的问题上 我站普渡制药这边
But on this autopsy issue, I side with Purdue.
我们也完全同意 感谢您 医生
And we completely agree. Thank you, Doctor.
-谢谢 -谢谢 辛西娅
- Thank you. - Thank you, Cynthia.
简直不敢相信
Can't fucking believe it.
我...我真的难以置信
Oh, I just--I can't believe it.
你觉得她是不是收了好处
Do you think that she was on the take?
她有意地破坏我们的调查
That she intentionally sabotaged our investigation?
或许她只是不喜欢你
Well, maybe she just doesn't like you.
-你在说笑吗 -不 不是
- Are you kidding? - No, I'm not.
你不该先去找媒体
You shouldn't have gone to the press first.
你本该在会议前把报告给他们
You should've given them all the report before the meeting.
是啊 然后他们就可以合谋一个对策
Yeah, and then they would've coordinated a response.
布丽姬特 布丽姬特
Bridget, Bridget.
莱德曼和麦克考米克用不着收好处
Leiderman and McCormick don't need to be on the take
去支持普渡制药
to side with Purdue.
你只需要看看柯蒂斯·莱特新工作的薪水
You don't have to look any further than Curtis Wright's new salary
就知道为什么药监局几乎永远站在他们那边
to know why the FDA almost always sides with them.
他们只是对未来可能的雇主示好
They're just being friendly to a potential future employer.
都是因为这个 对吧
That's all this is, isn't it?
我想着...我想着能庆祝一下
I thought-- I thought we'd celebrate.
我输了
I lost.
药监局支持了普渡制药
The FDA sided with Purdue.
你说真的吗
Are you serious?
他们说我们的数据无法下定论 但其实可以
They said our data wasn't conclusive, which it was.
药监局毁了能终结阿片类药物危机的机会
The FDA just blew their shot to end the opioid crisis.
天呐 天呐 天呐 天呐
Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God,
我很抱歉 亲爱的
I'm so sorry. Oh, honey.
过来 快 我们先坐下
Come here. Come on, let's sit down.
我已经考虑很长一段时间了
Look, this has been on my mind for a long time.
而这正证实了我的想法
And this just confirms what I've been thinking.
你的工作在毁掉你的生活
Your job's destroying your life.
我甚至不认为他们会感激你
And I don't think that they even appreciate it.
我知道这很难
I know that this is hard,
但你考虑过从事其他工作吗
but have you thought maybe about doing something else?
完全不相干的领域
In an unrelated field.
远离这些人
Just get away from these people.
听我说 这没有在毁掉我的生活
Okay, uh, this isn't destroying my life.
这就是我的生活 我喜欢我的工作
It is my life. I love what I do.
我们不能继续这样生活在一起
We can't go on together living like this.
我人生的目标...
My goal in life is...
不仅仅是作为你妻子
not just to be your wife.
我知道你的工作很重要
You know what, I know that your work is important.
我知道你在做的这件事很重要
I know that what you do is important.
我只是希望我对你来说也同样重要
I just want to be important to you as well.
我们结婚时已经不年轻
We got married kind of late in life.
婚姻本该让我们幸福
And it was supposed to make us happy.
但我不觉得我们任何一个人幸福
I don't think either of us is happy.
司法部
爱丽丝
Hi, Alice.
约翰
Hi, John.
这是里克·曼卡索和兰迪·拉姆塞尔
This is Rick Mountcastle and Randy Ramseyer.
他们在调查这个案子
They've been running point on this case.
这是爱丽丝·菲舍尔 刑事法庭庭长
This is Alice Fisher, head of the criminal division.
幸会 我听说你们在干很了不起的事
A pleasure. I hear you've been doing great work.
-很高兴认识你 -我很好奇
- Nice to meet you. - So, I'm curious.
要是有人雇了鲁迪·朱利亚尼 霍华德·夏皮罗
If anyone hires Rudy Giuliani, Howard Shapiro,
还有玛丽·乔·怀特
and Mary Jo White,
他们能受到司法部的特别接见
do they get a special audience with the DOJ
为自己的案子辩护吗
to plead their case
还是只有那些
or is that just billionaires
以自己名字命名博物馆的亿万富翁能这么干
with their names on museums?
真幽默 约翰
That's cute, John.
我们开这个会简直毫无意义
No, it is total bullshit that we're even taking this meeting.
我还听说朱利亚尼在游说这里的每个人
And I hear Giuliani is lobbying everyone in the building
不要以重罪起诉那些家伙
not to charge these guys with felonies.
听着 前任市长不能影响司法部
Okay, the former mayor does not influence the DOJ.
我们先听听他们有什么要说的
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表