剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
我也是
Me too.
你最好是
You better.
你好啊 比利
Hey, Billy.
我有事情要和你说
Um, I gotta run a few things past you.
你能在十分钟后来一下我办公室吗
Can you swing by my office in say, ten?
当然
Sure.
好的
Okay.
奥施康定
帮我关下门 比利
Shut the door for me, Billy.
好的
Sure.
坐吧
Have a seat.
好的
Yeah.
你们还好吗
How's it going?
这里是总部的两位律师
These are two lawyers from headquarters.
我对关于从我办公室遗失的
I have some concern over three training tapes
三盘培训录像带有些担忧
that went missing from my office.
你上周曾独自在这里
And you were in here alone last week.
是的
Right.
不过我没有拿 如果...
I didn't take it if that's...
我完全不知道什么丢失录像带的事
I don't know anything about any missing tapes.
如果普渡公♥司♥的财产流传到媒体上
If Purdue property were to show up in the media
或到了执法部门的手上
or in the hands of law enforcement,
而且这些录像带追溯到了你身上
and those tapes were traced back to you,
我们会起诉你盗窃财产 违反合同
we would sue you for stolen property, breach of contract,
窃取商业机密
and misappropriation of trade secrets.
你的余生都会因我们的诉讼而破产
We'll bankrupt you with litigation for the rest of your life.
但我不 不 我没有拿过
But I didn't, didn't? I didn't take 'em.
我没有拿过什么录像带
I didn't take the tapes.
很多人 包括我自己
Several people, including myself,
都注意到了你近期的工作态度
have noticed a very negative attitude
非常不积极
towards your work of late.
我们认为最好终止与你的劳动合同
We think it's best to terminate your contract.
好吧
Okay.
这是一份保密协议
This is a nondisclosure agreement.
如果你签了
If you sign it,
就能拿到75000美元的离职补偿
you'll get a severance package of $75,000.
我需要先把这个给我的律师看一下
I would need to show this to my lawyer first,
-但我... -不行
- but I... - No,
你必须马上签 就在这签
you need to sign it right now, right here.
如果你不签 你就什么都拿不到了
If you don't, you get nothing,
还极有可能在未来遭到法律诉讼
and you make yourself vulnerable to future litigation.
比利 拜托 不要让事情变得太难看
Billy, come on. This doesn't have to get ugly.
如果你拿了那些录像带 只要你马上毁掉
If you did take the tapes, this will smooth it all out,
并且签了这份协议 就可以一笔勾销了
as long as you destroy those tapes right away.
这已经是最好的交易了
You are not gonna get a better deal than this.
反过来的话
And the flip side,
事情可能就会非常糟糕了
flip side could get really bad.
做你最擅长的事
Do what you do best,
拿钱走人
and take the money.
让开 快让开
Clear the way, Clear the way!
你和他是朋友吗
Are you friends with him?
不是
No.
我一直都觉得他挺浑蛋
I always thought he was kind of a tool.
还好吗
All right?
我记得你曾是我最聪明的患者之一
I remember you were one of my smartest.
你大概就是我最聪明的患者了
You were probably the smartest patient I had.
总是在看书
Always reading a book, you know.
我在找些新书看
I'm looking for something new.
你最喜欢什么书
You got any favorites?
怎么样
How'd it go?
她很好
She did very well.
她吃了第一剂药物
She took her first dose,
需要在这里等一小时
and she needs to wait here an hour to make sure
确保对药物没有不良反应
she doesn't have an adverse reaction to the medication.
好的
All right, okay.
我们就在这等一会吧
Well then, we'll just stay put for a minute.
一周后见 小姑娘
I'll see you in a week, young lady.
谢谢你 医生
Thanks, Doc.
他是个好人
He's a good guy.
你没事吧
You okay?
《名利场》
Vanity Fair.
什么
What?
你应该看看《名利场》
You should read Vanity Fair
是威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷写的小说
by William Makepeace Thackeray.
我最喜欢的小说之一
It's one of my favorites.
人们都觉得这是小姑娘看的
People think it's a girls' book,
但我觉得不止如此
but it's really more than that.
讲什么的
What's it about?
讲的是一个叫蓓基的可怜女孩
It's about this poor girl, Becky,
很聪明 有点狡猾
who's smart, and cunning,
决心进入伦敦的上流社会
and determined to make her way into London society.
但显然 这不是一件容易的事
But, of course, it's not easy,
因为那些势利小人只在意阶级地位
'cause all those snobs care about is status and class.
的确如此
Sounds about right.
无论是普渡公♥司♥ 药监局
Neither Purdue, nor the FDA,
缉毒署 还是医疗协会
nor the DEA, nor the medical community
都没有预计到这个问题的严重程度
anticipated the extent of this problem.
保罗·戈登海姆
普渡制药研发部副总裁
普渡的市场营销没有促进
Purdue's marketing practices have not played a role
医生们的犯罪行为
in the criminal activities of doctors
这些医生非法开奥施康定以获取现金
who illegally prescribe OxyContin for cash
也没有鼓励抢劫
and have not encouraged robberies
保罗·戈登海姆
普渡制药研发部副总裁
药房♥或患者
from pharmacies or patients.
从戈登海姆医生的私人邮件中
From Dr. Goldenheim's personal emails,
我们可以证明他清楚自己在国会上
we can prove that he knew his testimony
所作的证词是假的
before Congress was false.
他清楚患者滥用药物的报告并不少见
He was aware the reports of patient abuse are not rare,
这些都被记录在了无数的报纸报道中
as they were described in countless newspaper articles,
有些直接通过邮件发给了戈登海姆医生
some of which were emailed directly to Dr. Goldenheim.
这份证词是在华盛顿特区所作
This testimony was taken in D.C.,
在弗吉尼亚州的案件中不予采纳
so it's not admissible in the state of Virginia case.
弗吉尼亚州是联邦州
Well, the state of Virginia is a Commonwealth,
我们料到你会这么说
and we thought you might bring that up.
我们发现戈登海姆 乌代尔
We uncovered that transcripts from Goldenheim's, Udell's,
还有弗里德曼的国会虚假证词
and Friedman's false Congressional testimony
被传真给了全国的药代表
were faxed to sales reps all over the country
告诉他们高层"支持他们" 原话如此
to show them top executives, quote, "Had their backs."
收到传真的其中一个地区
And one of the places that it was faxed to
就在弗吉尼亚
was here in Virginia,
这意味着这份证词不仅能被采纳
which makes it not only admissible,
我们还可以起诉你们电♥信♥诈骗
but we'll now also be charging wire fraud
以及同谋实施电♥信♥诈骗
and conspiracy to commit wire fraud
因为你们使用电♥信♥线路传输虚假证词
based on the use of wires to transmit this false testimony.
你真的觉得法官会采信吗
You really think a judge will go for that?
你真的觉得他们并不会吗
You really think they won't?
我的客户不会
My client will not move forward
就任何针对高层个人的重罪指控
with any settlement that involves felony charges
达成和解
against individual executives.
但是我有权通过提供经济补偿
However, I am authorized to offer a financial settlement
来解决此事
to resolve this matter.
多少钱
How much?
一千万美元
$10 million.
弗吉尼亚联邦政♥府♥要求16亿美元
The Commonwealth of Virginia counters at 1.6 billion.
-这是在开玩笑吗 -不是
- Is that a joke? - No,
既然我们已经掌握迈克尔·弗里德曼
and since we have Michael Friedman, Howard Udell,
霍华德·乌代尔 保罗·戈登海姆
and Paul Goldenheim all dead to rights
向国会作伪证并同谋诈骗的铁证
on lying to Congress and conspiracy to defraud,
那么除非他们在重罪指控面前认罪
there will be no deal until they plead guilty
否则绝无交易可言
to felony charges as well.
谢谢 先生们
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表