剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
Let's just hear what they have to say
然后再做判断
and go from there.
我们可以提供上百封内部邮件
We can provide hundreds of internal emails
表明这些高层管理人员知晓了
to show how surprised these executives were
如果在2000年前就有药品滥用的情况有多惊讶
if there had been abuse prior to the year 2000.
没错 是有几起随机事件
Yes, there had been random incidences,
但所有的麻醉剂处方药都有一定程度的滥用情况
but all narcotic prescription drugs get abused to a certain extent.
而且没有任何异常情况表明
And there were no warning signs
奥施康定的滥用情况达到了空前的程度
that OxyContin had reached unusual levels.
而且因为几个胡来的药代表行为
And it would be highly inappropriate and overzealous
以重罪起诉个别高层
to charge individual executives with felonies
是极度不合理且小题大做的做法
for the actions of a few rogue sales reps.
已经讨论好几个小时了
Well, it's been about a few hours.
我讨厌太过小题大做
I'd hate to get too overzealous.
我们不如短暂休息片刻
Why don't we take a quick break?
来下我的办公室
Come to my office.
他们的辩护有道理
They have a legitimate defense.
不 并没有
No. No, they don't.
那只是他们的官方辞令 都是瞎说的
Those are just their standard talking points--it's bullshit.
这并不意味着他们不能说服评审团
That doesn't mean they won't sway a jury.
听我说 这些家伙在我的社区售卖♥♥这个药品
Look, these guys dropped this drug in my community,
他们让成千上万人染上药瘾
they addicted thousands of people,
然后他们赚得盆满钵满
and then they walked away with billions.
他们要么自己认罪
They will either plead guilty
要么也会被陪审团定罪
or they'll be convicted by a jury.
我的案子很有胜算
I've got a great case here.
这是个仍有风险的案子
It's a case that still has risks.
进来
Come in.
我不认为司法部会支持
I don't think you're gonna find main Justice
对这些高层的重罪起诉
will support felony charges against these executives.
这由不得你说了算
Well, it's not your call.
你不是我的上级 所以我自己拿主意
And I don't report to you, so I'll make my own decisions.
我知道这不是我说了算
I know it's not my call.
你也说得对
And you're correct.
我无权决定起诉对象
I have no decision-making power over charging.
不好意思 你是在说
Sorry, are you saying that
这个决定是来自司法部副部长吗
this is coming from the deputy attorney general?
我不认为你能得到司法部
I don't believe you will find support at main Justice
对这些人的重罪起诉的支持
for felony charges against these individuals.
抱歉 女士们 先生们
Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen,
能听我说句话吗
if I could have your attention.
非常感谢你们的长篇陈述
Thank you so much for your lengthy presentation.
经过认真考虑
After careful consideration,
我决定以重罪起诉迈克尔·弗里德曼
I have decided to indict Michael Friedman,
保罗·戈登海姆和霍华德·乌代尔
Paul Goldenheim, and Howard Udell on felony charges.
祝你们愉快
Have a great day.
如果他们不让我们起诉该怎么办
So how is this going to work if they won't let us indict?
我不知道
I have no idea.
喂
Hello?
喂 格蕾丝 我是贝琪
Hey, Grace, it's Betsy.
嗨 你好吗
Hey. How are you doing?
我...我很好
Oh, I'm--I'm good.
我想我终于开始控制住我的情况了
I think I'm finally getting a handle on all this mess.
太棒了
Well, that's great.
-尤里卡斯普林斯怎么样 -你肯定会喜欢的
- How's Eureka Springs? - Oh, you'd love it.
它...
It's um--
就像是乡村酷儿的《绿野仙踪》
it's like Oz for country queers.
我...我想找个时间去看你
I'd--I'd love to come by sometime.
好啊 你该过来
Oh, yeah, you should.
能见到你我会很高兴的
Ah, it'd be great to see you.
那个...
Hey, uh...
你觉得...等我好点的时候
do you think that-- maybe that when I'm better...
或许我们可以...
we could, uh...
再试试
try again?
重新开始
Start over?
我想恐怕不行
I don't think that would work.
但...我希望我们是朋友
But, uh, I'd sure love to be friends.
好的 我...
Yeah. I--
我能理解
I understand.
做朋友就很好了
Be real nice to be friends.
保重 格蕾丝
Take care, Grace.
你也是 贝琪
You too, Bets.
我有阵子没见到你了
It's been a while since I've seen you.
是啊 我明天开始服用苏博酮
Yeah, well, I'm starting Suboxone tomorrow.
那么...给我最后一剂作为告别
So...give me one hell of a sendoff.
没问题
You got it.
抱歉 黛安 我很遗憾
I'm so sorry, Diane. I'm so sorry.
喂
Hello?
喂 黛安 我是塞缪尔·芬尼克斯
Hey, Diane, it's Sam Finnix.
我一直在这儿等
I'm just waiting here.
你和贝琪会来的 是吧
You and Betsy are still coming, right?
抱歉 但贝琪现在在天堂
I'm sorry, but Betsy's in heaven now.
我女儿终于摆脱了痛苦
My girl is finally out of her pain.
这...
That--
新药品正在改变世界
New medicines are changing the world.
它们能治愈曾被以为不可治愈的疾病
They can cure diseases once thought incurable.
它们可以将欢乐带去
They can bring joy...
曾经只有痛苦的地方
where there was once only pain.
我感到非常荣幸 能在委员会前
It has truly been an honor to testify before this committee
为这个对我和我家族来说意义非凡的项目作证
on a subject that means so much to me and my family.
我想告诉你们一个非常重要的观点
And I'd like to leave you with one very important thought.
没有任何法律或法规
No laws or regulations
能够阻挡现代医药的奇迹
will ever be able to stop the miracle that is modern pharmaceuticals.
谢谢
Thank you.
记录就是最好的证明
The record speaks for itself.
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表