剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
我知道这一天迟早要来 我...
I kind of knew this day was coming. I ...
我想终究要为自己的罪孽付出代价
figured I'd have to account for my sins eventually.
你们希望我做什么 作证还是...
So, uh, what would you like me to do, testify or...
你没有签保密协议吗
You didn't sign an NDA?
没有 我签不下手
No, um, I couldn't.
我不能再继续拿他们的钱了 所以...
I just couldn't keep taking their money anymore, so ...
我没签 所以你们想知道什么我都可以说
I didn't sign. I can tell you whatever you want to know.
我们想要那些录像带
What we want are those videotapes.
录像带
Tapes?
我没有录像带
I, uh... I don't have any tapes.
我们认为你有
We think you do.
很抱歉 我没有
I'm sorry. I don't.
听着
Listen.
在我们的一生中 我们都做过
You know, we all done things in our lives
自己不齿的事情
that we aren't proud of.
但我们会努力
But we make amends by trying
为他人带来更好的未来 以此作为弥补
to make the future a better place for others.
听着
And, hey,
你现在就有一个好机会
you have a real opportunity here.
你能帮助数百万人避免经受
You could help millions of people avoid the pain
无数人已在承受的痛苦
brought to so many.
我真的没有拿录像带
I did not take those tapes.
即使我拿了
And if I did,
也在很久前被毁掉了
they were destroyed a long time ago.
除非你们有传票 不然对话到此结束
Unless you have a subpoena, this interview's over.
即使你有
And if you do,
我们也不会在没有律师在场的情况下继续谈话
we won't continue without an attorney present.
这是我的妻子 凯特琳
This is my wife, Kaitlyn.
我们一起读法学院
We're at law school together.
是男孩还是女孩
Is it a boy or girl?
男孩
Boy.
好吧 祝你们在法学院一切顺利
Okay. Well, good luck in law school.
你读的是什么专业
What-what field are you thinking of?
消费者保护
Consumer protection.
太好了
That's perfect.
你可以保护消费者免受你这样的人的伤害
You can protect the public from people like yourself.
祝你们今天过得愉快
Y'all have a nice day.
我们自己出去
We'll let ourselves out.
让你拥有轻松生活
让你拥有轻松生活
让你拥有轻松生活
先生
Sir.
理查德博士 弗吉尼亚出现了请♥愿♥活动
Dr. Richard, th-here's a petition going around Virginia.
我以为是西弗吉尼亚
I thought it was West Virginia.
就是弗吉尼亚
No, it was Virginia.
有什么区别吗
Like there's a difference.
是的
Exactly.
应该是一名修女和一名乡村教师
So I guess a nun and a country doctor
组织了社区联盟
formed a community coalition.
等等 一名修女和一名乡村医生
I'm sorry, a-a nun and a country doc...
他们是去酒吧了吗
did they walk into a bar?
理查德 他们收集了一万个签名
Richard, they collected 10,000 signatures
请♥愿♥召回奥施康定 让它从市场上消失
on a petition to recall OC, pull it from the market,
重新改变配方 让它更安全
and reformulate it to make it safer.
他们把请♥愿♥书寄到了药监局
And sent the petition to the FDA,
已经被注意到了
where it has not gone unnoticed.
好的
Okay.
去西弗吉尼亚解决这件事
Go to West Virginia and resolve the situation.
你打算如何解决
Um, how would you like it resolved?
我们在佛罗里达州花了多少钱
What did we spend in Florida?
两百多万
A little over two million.
解决了就行
No, just take care of this.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
范西医生 贝丝修女
Oh, Dr. Van Zee, Sister Beth.
你们好 霍华德·乌代尔 来自普渡制药
How're you doing? Howard Udell, Purdue Pharma.
你好 很荣幸
Nice to meet you. A real pleasure.
这是我妻子 苏·艾拉
This is my wife, Sue Ella.
谢谢你们来见我们
Thank you for meeting us.
很惊讶能收到你们的回复
It was a real surprise to hear from you.
当然了 看到你们的请♥愿♥后
Of course, we were very concerned
我们非常关注
when we saw your petition.
贝丝修女 其实我也认识一些修女
Sister Beth, I've actually known quite a few nuns.
我还是朱莉修女的好朋友
I'm still good friends with a Sister Julie, so...
你认识其他修女 这太好了
That's wonderful that you know other nuns.
这让我觉得和你的关系更近了
It makes me feel a closeness to you
是我之前没有过的感受
I have never before experienced.
在讨论请♥愿♥之前
Before we discuss our petition,
我们希望你们听听一位母亲的亲身经历
we wanted you to hear a personal story
毒瘾让她失去了自己的孩子
from a parent who lost their child to addiction,
你们就能明白
so you could get an understanding
你们的药物如何影响了整个社区
of how your drug has affected the community.
你们好
Hello.
我的女儿贝琪是一个安静 用功的小女孩
My daughter Betsy was a quiet, hardworking girl.
在工作中伤到了后背之后
After she hurt her back on her job,
她开始服用奥施康定 不到一年
she started taking OxyContin, and within a year,
她开始说谎 偷窃
she was a liar, a thief,
还海♥洛♥因♥成瘾
and a heroin addict.
无论她如何努力 都无法戒除
No matter what she did, she couldn't stop.
她真的努力了
And she tried.
当她因服药过量去世时
When she died from an overdose,
我甚至还松了口气
there was a part of me that was relieved
她终于从痛苦中解脱了
that she was finally out of her pain.
但这种痛苦现在扎根在我和她父亲心里了
But that pain lives in me now and in her father.
奥施康定毁了我们的家庭
OxyContin destroyed our family
以及很多和我们一样的家庭
like it has so many others.
我们希望你们能想办法让它更安全一些
And we hope you can find a way to make it safer.
谢谢
Thank you.
-这就是贝琪 -好的
- That's Betsy. - Yeah.
谢谢你的故事
Thank you for this story.
对你女儿的离开 我们深表遗憾
And, um, we're so sorry for your loss.
我们联盟收集了一万个请♥愿♥签名
Our coalition has gathered a petition with 10,000 signatures
要求你们重新修改奥施康定的配方
requesting you reformulate OxyContin.
这是可能的 因为在1983年
We know this is possible because in 1983,
斯特林·温斯洛普就召回了止疼药镇痛新
Sterling Winthrop pulled their painkiller Talwin
加入了一种麻醉阻断剂
and added a narcotic blocker,
马上减少了滥用的现象
which immediately reduced abuse.
谢谢你 范西医生
Thank you, Dr. Van Zee.
我们已经详细调查过了
We have carefully looked into this,
我们今天来这的一个原因
and one of the reasons we came down here was
是为了表明对你们的尊重
to pay you the respect of giving you a preview
向你们提前展示我们对你们社区
of an open letter to your community
即将发出的公♥开♥信♥
that we are going to publish.
如果可以的话 我先读一下
And I'd like to read it for you now, if I may.
"尊敬的李郡居民 普渡制药
"Dear Lee County, at Purdue Pharma,
非常关切你们社区中发生的
we are aware there has been an issue in your community
与我们的止疼药奥施康定有关的药物滥用事件
with drug diversion involving our painkiller OxyContin.
我们非常重视这些事件
We take very seriously these issues,
我们已经知悉此事
and we want you to know we have heard you.
我们理解目前有重新修改药物配方的需求
We understand there is a request to reformulate the drug,
但遗憾的是 目前阶段
but unfortunately, at this time,
这很难做到
it is not easy to do,
我们没有计划采取这一行动
and we do not plan on taking that action.
-我们的主要问题..." -你们不在乎
- Our main issue..." - You don't care.
你们不在乎这药在杀人
You don't care that it's killing people.
你们知道这药很危险
You know it's dangerous.
你们只想挣更多的钱
You just wanna make as much money as possible.
事实绝非如此 女士
That is absolutely untrue, ma'am.
你们对阿帕拉契亚人♥民♥造成的伤害
You've done more to hurt the people of Appalachia
比煤炭行业更为严重
than the coal industry ever thought about doing.
女士 我不喜欢这种指控
Yeah, ma'am, I resent that accusation.
几代以来 我的家人都住在那里
My family goes back here for generations.
这场会面就是陷阱
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表