剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表
他们是大慈善家 对吗
They're big philanthropists, right?
是的 他们给博物馆和学校
RANDY: Oh, yeah. Yeah, they give lots of money
捐了很多钱
to museums and schools.
- 有钱人的那一套 - 非常有钱
Rich‐person stuff. ‐ Very rich.
那为什么其他检方都没碰这个案子
JOHN: So what do you guys got
而你们却开始调查了呢
that no other U. S. attorney in the country is onto?
差不多4个月前
‐ Well, about four months ago,
我在评估案件数量时
I was reviewing our caseload
发现了一件不寻常的事
when I noticed an unusual pattern.
过去三年中 几乎所有案件
Almost every case over the last three years,
都与奥施康定有关
uh, was related to OxyContin.
每个案件都如此
Nearly every one.
非法贩卖♥♥毒品 盗窃 持械抢劫 擅离职守
Illegal drug sales, theft, armed robbery, job abandonment.
影响到了
‐ I mean, it has transformed
整个地区
the entire district.
监狱突然人满为患
Jails are suddenly full.
暴♥力♥犯罪泛滥成灾
Violent crime is running rampant.
过去200年间
Uh, you know, for the last 200 years,
这里的人们都是夜不闭户的
folks around here didn't even lock their doors.
因为完全没必要锁门
Didn't even think about it.
3年前 突然的
Now, starting three years ago...
所有人都开始锁门了
‐ Everyone locks their doors.
这是整个地区的
RICK: It's the single highest source of crime
罪恶之源
in the entire region.
如果你们想从这冰山一角
JOHN: Well, look, if you guys want
开始调查一家价值 10 亿美元的大公♥司♥
to go after a billion‐dollar company
你门需要的证据
from a strip mall, you're gonna need more evidence
恐怕能装的下整栋楼
than you can fit in this entire building.
既然其他检方都不想碰这个案子
No other U. S. attorney wants to touch this thing.
那就意味着除非手里有足够的证据
That means it's gonna take something significant
否则很难立案
to make it work.
你必须能证明这家公♥司♥的负责人
You have to prove the heads of this company
明知药物危害性 却进行了隐瞒
know that they're lying about the dangers of the drug
不顾危险继续售卖♥♥
and that they're selling it anyway.
我们认为就是这么回事
‐ Well, we believe that very well may be the case.
自从我开始吃这种新药
‐ Since I've been on this new medication,
我天天都能工作
I haven't missed one day of work.
让我获得了解脱
PATIENT: This frees me up.
让我不再焦虑
And it helps with my anxiety.
吃完药就可以出门
You can just take the medicine and go.
我可以跟我丈夫去散步
PATIENT: I can take walks with my husband.
还可以去游泳
And I can go swimming.
多亏了这款止痛药
All because of the pain medicine.
里克 里克
STEPHANIE: Rick? Rick!
你上来行吗
Would you get up here?
好
‐ Uh‐huh. Yeah.
感谢上帝赐予我们食物
Thank You, Lord, for this meal,
让我们可以一起分享 阿门
and allowing us to enjoy it together. Amen.
- 阿门 - 阿门
‐ Amen. ‐ Amen.
还在忙制药公♥司♥那案子吗
‐ You working on that pharma thing?
嗯 餐巾铺腿上吧
‐ Yeah. Napkin in your lap.
这案子很棘手
But it's tricky.
太多需要调查的了
Uh, we'll be outspent by millions.
我觉得
And, uh, I'm looking at it, you know,
肯定有
and there's just‐‐
肯定有问题
There is something there.
但是我就是触及不到
It's just, uh, I can't quite find a way to get at it.
我甚至不知道该给他们定什么罪
I don't even know what to charge them with.
就好像你要打通
‐ Hmm. RICK: Digging through
一座山 可你却
a mountain down there, and I just can't find‐‐
束手无策
can't find a way at it.
那个新来的帅老板怎么想
‐ Well, what does the new, handsome boss think?
他野心勃勃 所以很喜欢这个案子
‐ He's ambitious, so he likes it,
只不过我们得想办法查下去才行
if we can find something to get it going.
不是所有的检察官都野心勃勃吗
‐ Aren't all U. S. attorneys ambitious?
你一定觉得他很帅
She must really think he's handsome.
也许 这是个好机会
Maybe this is the perfect opportunity
能让你做点大事
for you to take on something big that...
或许能吓跑那些没太大野心的人
might scare off someone who isn't as ambitious.
这个嘛
‐ Well...
去年缉毒局在积极调查普渡制药
‐ The DEA was actively investigating Purdue last year.
进展如何
‐ What's the status of the investigation?
大约六个月前 缉毒局就结束了调查
‐ About six months ago, the DEA basically ended it.
没有罚款 没有收费
No fines, no charges.
据我所知 几乎没有采取任何行动
From what I can tell, very few actions taken at all.
她是转移管制司的人吗
‐ And she's Diversion?
是的 这是布里吉特·迈尔
Yeah. This is Bridget Meyer.
她是分流管制司的副主管
She's the deputy director of the Diversion Division.
这句话可太绕口了
‐ Try and say that three times fast.
你觉得她会告诉我们发生了什么吗
You think she's gonna tell us what happened?
不会
‐ No.
单是为了这次会面
You know, I had to call her four times
我就给她打了四次电♥话♥
just to get this meeting.
她 额 她有权力
She, uh‐‐she's got an edge.
好了 伙计们 我时间不多
‐ All right, guys, I don't have a lot of time,
你想要什么呢
so what do you want?
我们知道你在调查普渡制药
‐ Well, we know about your investigation into Purdue,
我们想知道你发现了什么
and we were hoping to find out what you uncovered,
为什么调查突然结束了
why it abruptly ended.
你有找到证据
Did you find evidence
证明他们在非法推销药品吗
that they were illegally promoting the drug?
你为什么不回答这个问题
‐ Is there a reason you're not answering the question?
跟司法部做任何事都是浪费时间
‐ Anything with the DOJ is a waste of time.
完事了吗 我说过了 我真的很忙
So is that it? 'Cause like I said, I'm really busy.
好的 我知道 我知道
Right. I know. I know.
弗吉尼亚乡下来的几个乡巴佬怎么能
How can a couple hicks from rural Virginia
和普渡制药这样的大公♥司♥较量呢
take on a massive company like Purdue Pharma?
你知道 里克以前是军人
You know, Rick here is former army,
他去过很多地方
so he's been all over the place,
去过很多不同的国家
seen lots of different countries.
去过法国吗
Been to France?
- 阿根廷吗 - 是的
‐ Argentina. ‐ Argentina.
- 还去过韩国 - 知道了吗
‐ South Korea. - See?
我甚至穿着我的花哨的不用系鞋带的鞋
And I even wore my fancy no‐lace shoes.
如果你能和我们好好谈谈
It'd sure be nice if you could just have
那就再好不过了
a reasonable conversation with us.
奥施康定片能造成延迟吸收
‐ "Delayed absorption, as provided by OxyContin tablets,
可以减少药物滥用的可能性
is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug."
几乎可以说得通
Barely makes sense.
那该死的标签导致了这一切
That fucking label caused everything.
怎么说
‐ How so?
这是食品及药物管理局第一次把二级麻醉剂
It was the first time the FDA labeled
贴上“不容易成瘾”这种标签
a Class II narcotic as less addictive.
这是怎么发生的呢
‐ Now, how does that even happen?
这他妈的是个好问题
‐ That's a great fucking question.
你调查过标签的审批程序了吗
‐ Well, did you investigate the approval process for the label?
你看 我觉得你在说是
‐ See, that seems like a yes to me.
是啊 你肯定了
‐ Yeah, it definitely seems like a yes.
有些事我管不了
I couldn't charge anything.
这是一个挑战
It's a challenge in this case.
普渡制药多方推诿
Purdue has so many levels of deniability:
病人滥用 医生失职
patient abuse, doctor malpractice.
公♥司♥的领导们知道 他们对药物不会上瘾的宣传
Did the heads of the company know it was false
是错误的吗
when they marketed the drug as being nonaddictive?
非常感谢你们来一趟 伙计们
‐ Thanks for coming in, guys.
我得给我的离婚律师打个电♥话♥
Um, I've got a call with my divorce lawyer,
在和她说话之前 我要先静静
and I always need to calm down before I talk to her.
明白
‐ I understand.
谢谢你能抽出时间见我们
‐ Thank you for your time.
几个月前 我们抓了个医生
‐ You know, a few months ago, we caught a doctor
剧集 | 成瘾剂量(2021) | 导航列表