剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
但是现在是去买♥♥牛油果的时候
But the right time to get avocados is now.
-这就去 -谢谢
-On my way. -Thank you.
真是漫长的一夜
That was quite a night.
确实是
Oh. Indeed it was.
你头痛吗
-Do you have a headache? -Uh...
有点
Just a little one.
你喝太多咖啡了
You're drinking too much coffee.
或许吧 又或许喝得不够多
Maybe or maybe not enough.
我需要给办公室配一名助理
I need to find an assistant, for the office.
律师助理
A paralegal?
没错 还有能帮我 安排行程、预约的人
That. And somebody to keep my schedule and book appointments.
我能做 做到你找到固定的人
Well, I could do that part. Until you find somebody permanent.
谢谢你 奶奶
Thank you, Gran.
不是 我说真的
No, really.
小菜一碟
Easy-peasy.
接听电♥话♥ 接听留言 安排预约
You answer the phone. You take messages. Schedule appointments.
你爷爷创业的时候 我经常帮他做这些事
I used to do it for your grandfather when he first started out.
很好 但是 奶奶 技术不同了
Right. But, I mean, the-- Gran, the technologies have changed.
哦 是啊 我们那时候用的是电报
Oh, yes, in my day we used telegraph. Doot, doot, doot.
当然还有信鸽
And, of course, homing pigeons. Whoosh!
康纳 拜托 你奶奶在与时俱进
Connor, come on now, your gran's in touch.
我会发信息 发表情
I text. I do emojis.
哦 我知道你发表情 奶奶
Oh, I know you emoji, Gran.
-所以就这么定了 -好 你可以接听电♥话♥
-It's settled. -You can answer the phones.
但要明白 就今天一天
But, understand, it is just for today.
当然 再长你就请不起我了
Well, of course. You couldn't afford me any longer.
-走吧 -好吧 就这么办吧
-Let's go. -All right, let's do it.
米克 嗨
Mick, hi.
-嘿 伊万 你好吗 -胳膊打石膏的人竟然问我好不好
-Hey, Evan. How are you? -Asks the guy with his arm in a cast.
-我听说了 想来看看你 -哦 我没事
-Heard the news. Wanted to come see you. -Oh, I'm fine.
你短♥信♥里说 你想讨论一下酒店修整的事情
You said in your text you wanted to discuss the hotel revisions.
我确定一下你对建筑师的调整没问题
I just wanted to make sure you're okay with the architect's adjustments.
-没问题 我觉得他做得很好 -是的 我也觉得
-Yeah, I think he did a great job. -Yeah, me too.
-所以你是右撇子 -不是 自豪的左撇子
-So you right-handed? -Nope, proud lefty.
弄断右胳膊真明智
It was very clever of you to break the right arm.
我也这么觉得
I thought so.
艾比好吗 还在俄亥俄州
How's Abby? Still in Ohio?
-她很好 她在完成工作 -很好
-She's good. She's getting the job done. -Good.
坐下 我想跟你谈点事情
Sit down. I wanna talk to you about something.
好
All right.
我想你知道我女儿和我 都是有话直说的人
You're learning that my daughter and I are straight-shooters.
毫无疑问
Definitely.
艾比说你想把她从我这里挖走
Abby told me you tried to hire her away from me.
是的
I did.
我得告诉你我对 你这种处理方式非常有问题
I got a big problem with the way you handled that.
是吗
You do?
是的 你应该先来问我
Yeah. You should've come to me first.
又老派又直接
Old-school and direct.
-因为她是你女儿 -因为她是我的合伙人
-Because she's your daughter? -Because she's my partner.
-我明白了 -是吗
-I get it. -Do you?
你真的明白了
Do you really get it?
真的
I do.
-你现在不会打我 对吗 -如果我没打石膏的话
-You're not gonna hit me now, are you? -If I wasn't in this cast:
这太可怕了
That's just awful.
但是你确定你需要律师吗
But are you sure you need a lawyer?
你有试过先和他讲道理吗
Have you tried reasoning with him first?
你打电♥话♥告诉我事情的进展 好吗
You call me and let me know how it goes, okay?
康纳欧布莱恩律师事务所
Connor O'Brien, attorney-at-law.
哦 是的 劳伦斯医生
Oh, yes, Dr. Laurence.
哦 我知道
Oh, I know.
真的吗
Really?
真可耻
Well, that's a shame.
你跟他解释过了吗
Have you explained it to him?
或许他能解决 值得一试
Maybe he can fix it. It's worth a try.
你打电♥话♥告诉我事情的进展
You'll call me and you'll let me know how it goes.
好的 拜
All right. Bye.
嘿 奶奶 你在做什么
Hey, Gran. What are you doing?
我在接听你的电♥话♥
I'm answering your phone.
这我看到了 但我一个电♥话♥都没接到
I can see that, yeah. I'm not getting any calls.
是的 我先为你筛选一下
Yes. I'm screening them for you first.
我不会打扰你的
I wouldn't bother you.
你知道的 大部分人都是想找个发泄的人
You know, most people, they just need to vent to someone.
我知道 这就是律师的工作
I know. That's what a lawyer does.
除了我们听他们发泄是按小时收费的
Except we charge them by the hour, for venting.
大部分律师是 但是我的康纳不是
Well, most lawyers, sure. But not my Connor.
他从来不会占那种人的便宜
He'd never take advantage of people like that.
康纳欧布莱恩律师事务所 你能稍等一下吗
Connor O'Brien, attorney-at-law. Could you hold, please?
还有别的事吗
Is there anything else?
-下个面试是什么时间 -午饭以后
-When is my next interview? -Right after lunch.
我做了汤
And I made soup.
太棒了
That is great.
你好
Hello?
所以我决定用当地的石头做挡土墙 你觉得怎么样
So I decided to use local stone for all the retaining walls. What do you think?
我觉得没问题 但是我们已经谈过这个了
I think it's fine. But we've already gone over that.
你在说的事情我们都谈过了
We've gone over everything you've been talking about.
我只是想确保所有事情都清楚了
I just, you know, wanna make sure everything's clear.
伊万 如果你想来拜访 就来拜访好了
Evan, if you want to visit, just come visit.
-你不需要找个借口 -谢谢
-You don't need an excuse. -Thanks.
-想吃午饭吗 -好啊
-Want some lunch? -Yeah.
-你不必这么做 -没事
-You don't have to do this. -No problem.
我们来看看都有什么
Let's see what we've got here.
有鸡蛋 花生酱
We got some eggs. We got peanut butter.
我们可以做些什么
We could make something.
有蘑菇
We got some mushrooms.
-我们… -好了 拜托
-We-- -All right, come on,
你只有一只好的胳膊
you have one working arm.
-让我来 -什么 你会做饭
-Allow me. -What, you cook?
我鸡蛋做得很好吃
Well, I make good eggs.
-你喜欢把早餐当午餐吃吗 -我还真喜欢
-You like breakfast for lunch? -I do.
我也喜欢
Yeah, me too.
我要用你冰箱的东西 给你做我最拿手的蛋卷
I'll make you my famous omelet à la whatever you have in the fridge.
你在哪里长大的 伊万
Where did you grow up, Evan?
佛罗里达州盖恩斯维尔
Gainesville, Florida.
可是你是知道的
But you knew that.
-你只需要用谷歌♥搜索我就行 -我用谷歌♥搜索死人
-All you have to do is Google me. -I only Google dead people.
-我喜欢你这一点 -谢谢
-I like that about you. -Well, thank you.
-有兄弟姐妹吗 -没有 独生子 你看不出来吗
-Any brothers or sisters? -Nope. Only child. Can't you tell?
我确实好奇来着
I did wonder.
-没见过我爸爸 -那一定很难过
-Never knew my father. -Aw, that must be tough.
我妈妈还好
Well, my mom made do.
我相信她一定是个很特别的女人
Yeah. I bet she's a very special woman.
她生前是的
Yeah, she was.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我也是
So am I.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
你好
Hello?
哦 是的 非常感谢
Oh, yeah. Yes, thank you so much.
我会尽快到那里 谢谢
I'll get there as soon as I can. Thanks.
是海岸警卫队
That was the Coast Guard.
他们已经把我的飞机打捞上来了 或者说是残骸
They've salvaged my plane. Or what's left of it.
-你想去看看 -吃过蛋卷后就去
-You wanna check it out? -After my omelet.
我跟你一起去
I'll go with you.
曼德雷克 15分钟后来接我们
Mandrake, pick us up in 15 minutes.
豁出去了
Here goes nothing.
-可是你♥爸♥爸还好吗 -还好
-But your dad's okay? -Yeah, yeah.
他们用轮椅把他 推出来的时候真是松了一口
So relieved when they wheeled him out in that wheelchair.
(超赞服务)
真难想象
Can't imagine.
但是同时 一篇短篇小说 已经浮现在我脑海里了
But at the same time, this whole short story formed in my head.
当作家就是这样 不能浪费任何一个悲剧
That's what it's like being a writer. No tragedy goes to waste.
那我一定会给你很大的启发的
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表