剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
Husband versus wife. Dangerous territory here.
随你怎么说 卡尔
Whatever you say, Karl.
真好笑
That's very funny.
不 我要和金凯德先生本人说
No, I need to speak to Mr. Kincaid himself.
是关于切萨皮克湾项目的事
It's about the Chesapeake Shores project.
那他什么时候有空
When will he be available?
不行 我理解他很忙
That's not good enough. I understand he's busy.
我们都很忙 听着 生意不是这么做的
We're all busy. Listen, this is not how I do business.
你告诉他 今天就给我打电♥话♥ 不然这单就不做了
You tell him to call me today or this entire deal is off.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你说话的语气很重啊 -托马斯叔叔 你怎么样
- That's telling him. - Uncle Thomas. How are you?
比刚才跟你说话的人要好一些
Better than whoever you were just talking to.
-怎么回事 -是一个很重要的客户
-What was that about? -Just an important client.
别让他牵着你的鼻子走 别为这种事烦恼
Don't let him push you around, don't let it bother you.
-好 我没事 -是吗
-Yeah, I'm okay. -Yeah?
你眉头都皱在一起了
You got that line between your eyebrows.
我知道 我只是没睡好
Oh, I know. I haven't been sleeping very well.
-是迪尔佛的事情 对吗 -是的 没错
-It's the Dilpher thing, isn't it? -Yes. Yeah.
我爸爸的名声受到了严重影响
Dad's reputation is really taking a hit.
我们不断失去客户
And we're losing clients.
我可能又要失去一个了
I might've just lost another one.
-不知道我们该怎么办 -米克对这些事的反应如何
-Not really sure what we're gonna do. -How's Mick taking all this?
他很生气 很迷茫 而且还在掩饰
He's angry, and confused, and hiding it.
-这就是米克 好吧 -你来城里做什么
-That's Mick, all right. -So, uh, what are you doing in town?
我要去巴尔的摩看一处房♥产
I'm on my way to Baltimore to, uh, check out a property.
我们需要有人在城里
We need a presence in the city.
其实 我们在汉普顿地区有栋楼
You know, we own a block in the Hampton area.
-会是不错的办公地点 -这就对了
-It would be great as an office building. -Well, that's the spirit.
把参数发给我 我回去的时候会顺便去看看米克
Send me the specs. I'll stop by and see how Mick's doing.
他会很高兴的
He'd like that.
-很高兴见到你 艾比 -我也是 托马斯叔叔
-It's great to see you, Abby. -You too, Uncle Thomas.
再见
Bye.
狗娘…
Oh, son of a--
下午好
Good afternoon.
今天的案子很多
We have a busy docket today
我们都抓紧时间
and I would like to keep things moving.
案件编号♥559903
Case number 559903.
指控麦克劳德实业公♥司♥对女性员工
The class action suit alleging unfair wage discrimination
进行不公正工资歧视的集体诉讼案
against female workers at MacLeod Industries.
尼尔森女士 很高兴再次见到你
Ms. Nelson. Nice to see you again.
我想你是要反对撤销这案子的吧
You are arguing against the motion to dismiss, I assume.
-是 法官大人 -开始之前
- Yes, Your Honor. - Before we get started,
既然有防止工资歧视的法律条文
there are laws in place preventing wage discrimination.
为何要打官司
So why are we here?
打官司的原因是麦克劳德实业公♥司♥
We're here because MacLeod Industries
在利用工作差异和体力问题
is using work disparity and physical strength
证明付给女员工的工资 比男员工低是合理的
to justify paying its female employees less than its men.
你是说女人和男人一样强壮
And you're arguing that women are as strong as men.
我不太赞同你的观点
I'm not sure I agree with you.
你觉得我错了吗
You think I'm wrong?
-什么 法官法人 -你叫什么名字 孩子
-Pardon me, Your Honor? -What's your name, son?
康纳欧布莱恩 法官法人
Uh, Connor O'Brien, Your Honor.
好的 康纳欧布莱恩
Well, Connor O'Brien,
你难道不赞同 通常来讲
don't you agree that people of the male gender tend,
男性的上半身力量大于
on average, to have greater upper body strength
-女性吗 -我赞同
-than those of the female gender? -Yes.
根据我的理解
And we're dealing specifically,
这件案子具体涉及到的是仓库员工
as I understand it, with warehouse workers.
他们的工作是搬运东西 对吧
Lifting things, am I correct?
-是的 法官法人 -那就好了
-Yes, Your Honor. -All right, then.
可是…
But...
欧布莱恩先生 你最好能说服我 不然就收拾东西走人
Mr. O'Brien, you better make a cogent argument or pack up and leave.
好的 法官法人 我… 我…
Uh, yes, Your Honor, I-- I--
-我等着呢 欧布莱恩先生 -好的 我…
-I'm waiting, Mr. O'Brien. -Yes. I--
我有三个姐妹 法官法人
I have three sisters, Your Honor.
这就是你的理由 你有姐妹
That's your argument? You have sisters?
是的 法官大人 三个
Yes, sir. Three of them.
然后呢?
And?
我发现女人能做男人能做的一切事情
And I find that women are capable of doing anything men can do.
那是你的观点 欧布莱恩先生
That's an opinion, Mr. O'Brien,
-不是减轻要素 -不是吗
-and not a mitigating factor here. -Isn't it, though?
法官大人 我说的是内在力量
Your Honor, I'm talking about a deeper strength.
不是指体力劳动
One not represented by physical labor.
当女性遇到问题时
When women are presented with a problem,
她们不只会解决那个问题 她们还会想出三个步骤处理它
they don't just solve that problem, they think three steps past it.
她们能把工作做得更好
And they get the job done.
刚才太棒了
That was amazing.
是吗
Was it?
足以让他拒绝撤销这个案子
Enough to have him deny dismissal.
我没见马丁内斯这么做过
I've never seen Martinez do that.
我搜过他的信息
Well, I Googled him.
-他由单亲妈妈养大 -你很聪明
-He was raised by a single mother. -Pretty clever.
做得不错 我喜欢你的个人观点
Nice work. I like how you made it personal.
这和你有很大关系
You had a lot to do with that.
确实是 对吧
I did, didn't I?
我只是在告诉马丁内斯法官事实
And I just told Judge Martinez the truth.
这是个史无前例的法律策略
An unprecedented legal strategy.
-买♥♥家后悔了吗 -完全没有
-Buyer's remorse? -Not at all.
虽然签名处损毁了
Even though the signature corner is damaged,
但我真觉得这是德里斯科尔的作品
I really think this is a Driscoll.
-你联♥系♥房♥产中介了吗 -他没有在世的亲属
-Did you contact the estate? -There are no living relatives.
但是我找到了纽约的一家画廊
But I tracked down an art gallery in New York.
他们给了我一个旧号♥码
They gave me an old contact number.
-他们怎么说 -我打了几次电♥话♥
-What did they say? -Called a few times.
但只是一直在响
Just rings.
没人接 也没有语♥音♥信箱
No answer, no voicemail.
-你为什么不再试试 -好的
-Why don't you try again? -Yeah.
-爸爸 你有时间吗 -当然有
-Hey, Dad, do you have a second? -Yeah, sure.
看一下这个
Take a look at this.
喂
Hello?
嘿 你好
Oh. Yes. Hello.
我打电♥话♥是想找 一个叫阿瑟德里斯科尔的人
Um, I am calling concerning a person named Arthur Driscoll.
我就是
Speaking.
阿瑟德里斯科尔
Arthur Driscoll?
我正是
That's what I said.
能跟你说话真是太好了 德里斯科尔先生
Well, it is wonderful to speak with you, Mr. Driscoll.
我好像找到了你的一副画作
I think that I found a painting of yours.
真为你高兴 请带着我的祝福 把它挂在你家的壁炉上方
Good for you. Hang it over your fireplace with my blessing.
德里斯科尔先生 你好
Mr. Driscoll? Hello?
确定是伊万金凯德发来的吗
Sure it's from Evan Kincaid?
上面显示的是 而且说他五点要打电♥话♥过来
It says it is, and that he is calling us at 5:00.
他想视频通话 我讨厌那个
He wants to FaceTime. I hate those.
但他可能在任何地方
But he could be anywhere.
不知道他说的是东部时间 还是太平洋时间
We don't know if he means Eastern Time or Pacific Time.
如果是太平洋时间 就是下午两点
If it's Pacific, it's 2 p.m.
如果他在伦敦就是10点 巴黎就是11点
But if he's in London, it'd be 10. Paris, 11.
你一想到某个城市就知道几点吗
You know that off the top of your head?
-我做过金融 肯定会知道 -没错
-I worked in finance. You learn it. -Yeah.
现在是三点半 我们还有时间想出个策略
Well, it's 3:30 now, it gives us time to work out a strategy.
土壤样本… 是谁
Now, the soil samples are--What's that?
是金凯德 他怎么会有我的号♥码
It's Kincaid. How'd he get my number?
因为他有钱
He's rich?
-嘿 -你好 金凯德先生
- Hey. - Hello, uh, Mr. Kincaid.
-你好 -老爸 你静音了
-Hello? -Dad, you're on mute.
-米克 听得见吗 -我知道
-Mick, you there? -I know that.
米克
-Mick? -Um...
米克
Hello, Mick!
-你们好 -你好
- Hey there. - Hi.
金凯德先生 我们以为你会五点打来
Uh, Mr. Kincaid, we were expecting you at 5.
是啊 现在是五点 这里是纽芬兰
Yeah, it's 5. Here in Newfoundland.
他们的时区太奇怪了 你们方便说话吗
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表