剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
-Like we're a real bed and breakfast. -Jess, you are a real bed and breakfast.
-以后多跟我这么说 -你怎么这么紧张
-Keep telling me that. -Why are you nervous?
-我们有个消息要告诉他们 -什么消息
-We have some news to break to them. -What news?
这个不着急 你的电♥话♥是怎么回事
It'll keep. What was your call?
是马里兰大学打来的
That was the University of Maryland.
你是哪门课没上完吗
Did you forget to finish a class?
他们要收回你的学位 我做过这样的恶梦
Taking back your degree? I have nightmares about that.
不是 他们想让我去当住校编剧
No, they want me to be a playwright in residence.
太好了 那是什么
That's great. What is that?
就是说我可以教授一个学期的 创意写作课
That means that I would be teaching Creative Writing for a semester.
-你会去吗 -我说不好
-Wow. Are you gonna do it? -I don't know.
我是考虑过教书 能回馈社会是挺好的 但…
I mean, I've thought about teaching. It would be nice to give back, or--
-不是吧 -怎么了
-No. -What?
猜猜谁是马里兰大学 人文系的系主任
Guess who's head of the Humanities Department at U of M.
-告诉我 -杰罗姆崔斯克
-Tell me. -Jerome Trask.
-不是吧 -就是
-No! -Yes!
-我不知道这人是谁 -杰西 他是我高中的宿敌
-I don't know who that is. -Jess, my high school nemesis.
-你还有宿敌 -对 我…就是杰罗姆崔斯克
-You had a nemesis? -Yes, I-- It was Jerome Trask.
他很没品的 他是辩论队队长 说什么都不肯让我加入
He was awful. Head of the debate team, and he would never let me join.
你当初生气是因为
You were mad you couldn't join
没办法加入辩论队 而不是落选拉拉队或篮球队
the debate club, not the cheerleading squad or the basketball team?
别评判我 高中很难熬的
Don't judge. High school was a rough time.
我还以为只有我的高中麻烦重重呢 你各科都得优秀
I thought I'm the only one who had trouble in high school. You got straight A's.
对 我学业上是很优秀 但社交方面就不行了
Yeah, academically I did fine. But socially, not so much.
你从来没说起过
You never let on.
你当时已经有够多烦心事了
Well, you had enough to worry about.
我可以帮忙的
I could have helped.
你帮了的 你的存在就是帮忙
You did, just by being you.
(鹰角旅馆)
好了 客房♥用品都已到位 你♥爸♥妈还有多久到
Okay. Amenities are in place. How long until your folks get here?
-差不多要到了 -老天
-Right about now. -Oh, boy.
-我们不该让他们住这里的 -不 他们需要住这里
-We shouldn't have had them stay here. -No. They need to stay here.
-对 他们得看到我们的旅馆 -并尊重它
-Right. They need to see our business. -And respect it.
我们慢慢来
Well, baby steps.
这是我们的人生 我们应该想怎么过就怎么过
This is our life. We ought to be able to live it the way we want to.
对 所以我们要当着大家的面 告诉他们我们的决定
Yes, which is why we'll tell them our decision in a room full of people.
-这样他们就不会当众发作 -对 他们讨厌丢人现眼
-So they don't make a scene? -Exactly. They hate scenes.
-这听起来是个好主意 -我想也是
-That actually sounds like a good idea. -I thought so too.
表演开始
Showtime.
大卫
Ah! David.
-杰西 -你好
-Jess. -Hello.
这么说吧 虽然很难 但我们还是找到了这地方
Well, I can tell you, it wasn't easy, but we finally found the place.
-对 -快进来吧
-Yes. -Come on in.
能不能让门童帮我们把行李拿进来
Oh, would you have your bellboy bring our bags in?
我去吧
Oh, uh, I'll do that.
老天 我明白为何 有人会觉得这里很温馨了
My. I can see how some people might find this place very charming.
谢谢
Thank you.
这就开始了
And so it begins.
嘿
Hey.
薄荷巧克力碎雪糕 正合我意
Ooh! Chocolate chip mint. Exactly what I wanted.
有时候妈妈还是能猜准心思的
Yeah, well, sometimes moms get it right.
我希望你知道 如果你想聊聊 我就在这里
I want you to know that I'm here for you if you wanna talk about it.
如果你不想聊 我也在这里
And I'm also here for you if you don't wanna talk about it.
谢了 妈妈
Thanks, Mom.
刚才是吻别 对吧
That was a kiss goodbye, wasn't it?
我们不能再折磨彼此了
We can't keep doing this to each other.
我们不能活在过去 我们都变了
We can't live in the past. We're not the same people.
我没有活在过去 我说的是未来 我们的未来
I'm not living in the past. I'm talking about the future, our future.
你话是这么说 但我也得考虑 我女儿和她们的未来
You say that, but I also need to think about my daughters and their future.
你知道我爱你的女儿们
I love your girls.
对 我知道
Yeah, I know you do.
艾比…你就是怕了
Abby... you're just scared.
对 我是怕了 太吓人了
Yeah, I am scared. It's scary.
你没结过婚 特瑞斯 但我结过
You've never been married before, Trace. I have.
离婚伤透了我的女儿
The divorce, it was devastating for the girls.
万一我们再分手呢
What if we break up again?
不会的 好吗 我们这次不会分手
That's not gonna happen. Okay? We're not gonna break up this time.
没那么简单的 你知道
It's not that simple. You know that.
你不觉得简单 是因为你总把事情搞复杂
You don't think it's that simple because you overcomplicate things.
好吧
Fine.
但你应该活得开心 我也是
But you deserve to be happy, and so do I,
我们这样分分合合让我不开心
and this back and forth doesn't make me happy.
-我觉得你也不开心吧 -没错
-I don't think it makes you happy either. -No.
没错 我现在确实不开心 一点都不开心
No, right now, I'm not happy. I'm not happy at all.
要化掉了
It's melting.
-好的 -好的
-Okay. -Okay.
不行 你得往上挂两个环
No, I think you need to go up two lengths.
-往上两个 -对 往上两个
-Up two? -Yeah, up two.
不行 往下三个 不行 再上去两个
No, come down three lengths. No, back up two.
-你在跟我捣乱吗 -善恶终有报
-Are you messing with me? -What goes around comes around.
爸爸
Dad.
-好吧 不逗你了 -好了
-All right, I give in. -There.
不错
Good.
-可以了 应该挂好了 -只有一个办法能知道
-There we go. I think that's it. -Only one way to find out.
只有一个办法
There is only one way.
现在才是真正的考验
Now we have the acid test.
-成功 -没错 我们成功了
-Success. -Yeah, it is success.
-你得自己去发现 -对 谢谢
-And you got to find out. -Yeah, thanks.
谢谢你帮忙 现在我知道你妈妈 不会被重力偷袭了
Thanks for the help. Now I know your mother won't be blindsided by gravity.
你跟妈妈怎么样
How are things going with Mom?
就那样
They're going.
维持关系
Maintaining.
-所以你们复合了 -目前的话 我们只是…顺其自然
-So are you guys back together? -Right now, we're just... being.
为什么 如果我们复合 你会不爽吗
Why? Would it bother you if we were?
说实话
You know, to be honest,
最初我以为自己会不爽
at first, I thought it would.
但当我看到你俩在一起
But when I see you together,
感觉你对她还有情谊
it's like you've got some sort of spark or something
妈妈也是 所以…不会 我没有意见
Mom too. So... no, I don't have a problem with it.
这是好事
Oh, that's a good thing.
-我能问你一个问题吗 -好
-Can I ask you a question? -Sure.
-你何时有当父亲的想法的 -你母亲说她怀孕的时候
-When did you want to be a father? -When your mother said she was pregnant.
-等一下 艾比不在… -计划中
-Wait, Abby wasn't... -Planned?
不是 我们很少计划什么
No. We didn't plan much of anything.
或许这就是我们的问题所在
Maybe that was part of our problem.
因为我和莎拉 我们已经备孕好几个月了
Because Sarah and I, we've been trying for a couple of months now.
-是吗 -对
-Really? -Yeah.
-慢慢来 会怀上的 -你觉得我有那个潜质吗
-Give it time. It'll happen. -Think I have what it takes?
-当父亲的潜质 -当一个好父亲
-To be a father? -To be a good father.
这个可是很难
Oh, well, that's a tough one.
“有妻室儿女之人 把自己押给了命运”
"He who hath wife and children, hath given hostages to fortune."
-弗朗西斯培根爵士的名言 -弗兰西斯爵士需要冷静一下
-Sir Francis Bacon said that. -Sir Francis needed to chill.
对 但等你有了孩子就会明白
Yeah, but once you have kids you'll understand.
你的人生已经不属于自己了
Your life just isn't your own anymore.
突然之间 你惊诧地发现 自己不再是宇宙的中心
You are suddenly, shockingly, no longer the center of the universe.
你想尽量当个好父亲 但有时候你怎么努力都做不到
You try to be as good a father as you can be, but sometimes it's just not enough.
你做得很好 爸爸
You did okay, Dad.
对 我希望你能做得更好
Yeah, here's hoping you do better.
你肯定会的 毕竟我也就马马虎虎
I'm sure you will. I set a very low bar.
但我希望你帮我个忙
But I'd like you to do me a favor.
珍惜现在只属于你们二人的时刻
Hang on to this moment while it's still just the two of you...
因为一旦有了孩子 那种日子就再也回不去了
because once the kids come, it'll never be just the two of you again.
去制♥造♥美好的记忆
Go make memories.
谢谢
Thanks.
不客气
Sure.
我不是意外吧
I wasn't a surprise?
不 只有你在计划中
No. You were the only one we planned.
米克
Mick?
你就在那边 干吗还打给我
Why are you calling me when you're right there?
我想约你出去吃晚饭
Well, I wanted to ask you out to dinner.
好
Oh. Okay.
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表