剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表
because women were not allowed to be reporters, was told the same thing.
非常有意思 欧布莱恩先生 但是说重点
Very interesting, Mr. O'Brien, but get to the point.
法官大人 我要说的重点是
The point I'm making, Your Honor,
女性在要求平等的时候 她们总会这样被告知
is that this is what women are always told when they want equality.
和《新闻周刊》那个案件一样
Like in the Newsweek case,
仅仅因为性别原因 她们就被迫担任次要职位
they were forced to a subsidiary role simply because of their sex.
这和麦克劳德实业公♥司♥一样
It's the same with MacLeod Industries.
没错 一般情况下 男性更强壮
Yes, in general, men are stronger.
男性能搬运的东西比女性多
Men can lift more than women,
但是在麦克劳德实业公♥司♥ 大部分男性都在用叉车
but at MacLeod, most of the men use a forklift.
而且申请过叉车培训的女性
And every female who applied for forklift training
都被拒绝了 说实话
was not allowed to pursue it. And, let's be honest,
叉车起到了均衡作用 不是吗
the forklift is the equalizer here, is it not?
这不仅仅是同工同酬的问题
This isn't just about equal pay for equal work.
而是麦克劳德实业公♥司♥的女性
This is about females being denied the chance
被剥夺了成为高薪叉车操作员的机会
to become higher-paid forklift operators at MacLeod.
引用1970年《新闻周刊》 案件的话就是
To quote the 1970 Newsweek case,
“仅仅因为她们的性别”
"Simply because of their sex."
他已经迟到五分钟了
Well, he is officially five minutes late.
他那样的人都会迟到 为了展示权势
Guys like that are always late. It's a power play.
我知道 他们的时间比我们的更重要
I know. Their time is more important than ours.
嘿 你们在这里 我不介意等的
Hey, there you are. I didn't mind waiting.
我喜欢提前半小时赴约 节省时间
I like getting to appointments half hour early. Saves time.
-你好 米克 -嘿 拉里
-Hello, Mick. -Hey, Larry.
我让拉里带我四处转了转 希望你们不要介意
I had Larry here show me around. I hope you don't mind.
这里让人印象很深刻
It's really impressive.
-你们做得很好 米克 艾比 -谢谢
-You do good work, Mick, Abby. -Well, thank you.
-这对我来说是常事 -当然了 是我不好
-I've done this a few times. -Of course. Shame on me.
抱歉问一下 你脚下是什么东西
I'm sorry. What are you standing on?
这个啊 这是悬浮滑板
Oh, this, it's a hoverboard.
我在考虑投资这个 所以就先试用一下
I'm thinking of investing in them, so thought I'd try it out.
挺好玩的
It's kind of fun.
你们怎么看管道的问题
What do you think about the pipes?
-会有问题吗 -我们还不知道
-Is it a problem? -We don't know yet.
我们请了华盛顿的土壤专家
We have soil specialists coming down from D.C.
好 我觉得不会有问题
Yeah. I don't think it'll be a problem.
这个地方很美
This place is beautiful.
这个小镇 整个地区
The town, the whole region.
-我之前怎么不知道这里 -它是个被保守得当的秘密
-Why didn't I know about it? -It's a well-kept secret.
不应该这样的
It shouldn't be.
我没兴趣了
I've lost interest.
-什么 -悬浮滑板 它就是个玩具
-What? -In the hoverboard. It's just a toy.
-你想要吗 -好啊
-You want it? -Uh, sure.
土壤污染可能不是个严重的问题
Uh, so the soil contamination may not be a serious issue.
我正是
That's what I said.
但也可能是个严重的问题
But it might be a serious issue.
好吧 我认识州长 我们可以找个变通的法子
Okay. I know the governor, so we could do a work-around.
除非土壤真的被污染了
Unless the soil is contaminated.
我有点糊涂 你到底想不想说服我做这个项目
I'm confused. Are you trying to talk me into doing the project or not?
我只是在说事实
I'm just stating the facts.
哇哦 事实
Wow. Facts.
-很棒的概念 对吗 -你真是耿直
-Amazing concept, right? -Straight shooter.
-我父母就是这么教育我的 -干得漂亮
-That's how I was raised. -Good job.
跟我关系不太大 她本来就是那样的人
I had very little to do with it. She came out that way.
我有个主意 艾比 我会在这里待上几天
I'll tell you what, Abby. I'll hang out for a couple days.
等等看他们怎么说 然后了解一下这个地方
Wait to see what they say and just get to know the place.
-这里是很不错的地方 -确实是
-It's a nice place. -It is.
这里让我想起了爱尔兰西海岸
It reminds me of the West Coast of Ireland.
-你去过那里吗 -是的 我在那里有房♥子
- Have you been there? - Yeah, I have a place.
-他当然去过了 -嘿 这里是钓鱼的好地方吗
-Of course he does. -Hey, is the fishing good here?
-是最棒的地方 -真的吗
-The best. -Oh, really?
我从来没钓过鱼 我得试试
I've never gone fishing. Oh, I have to try it.
-那我们谈完了吗 -我想是的 不是吗
-So are we done here? -Yeah, I think so. Don't you?
我们可以送你回去
We can give you a ride back.
-没关系 我有车 -在哪里
-That's okay. I have a car. -Where?
就在附近
Oh, it's nearby.
曼德雷克 我好了
Mandrake, I'm ready.
好了 回头见
Okay. Be seeing you.
有钱人就是不一样
The rich are different.
他确实是
He certainly is.
太好了 非常感谢
Great. Thank you so much.
-你好 凯勒 -你好 欧布莱恩
-Hello, Keller. -Hello, O'Brien.
-还在为自己的胜利激动吗 -有点吧
-Still feeling flushed from your victory? -Kind of.
小心那些鲨鱼
Keep an eye out for the sharks.
-难道我现在不是鲨鱼吗 -这个还有待商榷
-Well, aren't I a shark now? -That remains to be seen.
你的牙齿的确很尖 但是你看起来更像海豚
You do have sharp teeth, but something about you seems more dolphin-esque.
-我想我该说“谢谢你” -我想我该说“不客气”
-Thank you, I think. -You're welcome, I think.
-再见 -再见
-Bye. -Bye.
回忆录写作吗
So memoir writing?
我喜欢 学生们会很喜欢的
I like it. The students are gonna love it.
很好 写写自己知道的事情 自己是什么样的人 三本课本
Good. Write what you know. Write what you are. Three texts.
让雅克卢梭的《忏悔录》
The Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
《尤利西斯辛普森格兰特的 个人回忆录》
Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant
格特鲁德斯坦的 《艾丽斯B托克拉斯自传》
and The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas by Gertrude Stein.
-我肯定读过其中一本 -你三本都应该读读
-I've definitely read one of those. -Oh, you should read all of them.
我会的
I will.
然后我会把它们改编成小说
And then I'll move them into fictionalizing.
-就像你对自己的书做的那样 -是的
-Like you did with your book? -Yeah.
我能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you a question?
马克戴维斯这个角色 他是…
The character Mark Davies, was he...?
你吗
You?
没错
Yeah.
他是个融合的角色
He was, um, an amalgamation.
-所以这算是承认了 -没错
-So that's another way of saying yes. -Yeah.
我的第十章需要一个反派
I needed a villain for Chapter 10.
很高兴我能帮上忙
Huh. Well, I'm glad I could oblige.
你怎么会进入学术界 我以为你会从政
How did you get into academia? I figured you'd go into politics.
还有哪里比大学行政部门 更有政♥治♥色彩
What's more political than college administration?
我说真的 怎么回事
Really, what happened?
我来这里上学的时候
Well, um, when I came here as a student,
本来打算学法律 然后竞选公职
I had every intention of going to law school and running for office,
但后来我读了《了不起的盖茨比》
but I read The Great Gatsby.
它让我大开眼界 我保持了读书习惯 然后想法就变了
And it opened my eyes, and I kept on reading and I guess I changed.
没错
Yeah.
你现在跟我想象的完全不一样
You're not at all who I thought you were gonna become.
-你这是在夸我吗 -是的 我是在夸你
-I think you meant that as a compliment. -Oh, yes. No, I do.
是的
Yeah.
-你昨天骑了多少多远 -八公里多一点
- How many miles did you bike? - A little over five.
-不错 -是啊 你该对我抽筋的腿说
-Oh, that's great. -Yeah, tell that to my hamstrings.
我骑车经过了一个地方 应该是阿瑟德里斯科尔的房♥子
I rode by what I think is Arthur Driscoll's house.
-是吗 -没有人认识他
-Oh, yeah? -Turns out Nell knows him.
他们过去常来这里避暑 内尔跟他的妻子相处得很好
They used to summer here and Nell used to be friendly with his wife.
她死了之后 他们就断了联♥系♥
When she died, she lost touch.
如果你认为那是他的房♥子 为什么不去敲门
If you think that's his house why don't you just go?
说来容易做起来难 我给他打过电♥话♥ 但他挂了
Easier said than done. I called him and he hung up on me.
要坚持 如果你骑两公里停下来 就永远骑不到八公里
Be persistent. If you'd quit after a mile, you never would have made it to five.
-你是个好教练 -好的
-You're a good trainer. -Yeah.
完美
Perfect.
铁人三项比赛上见 凯文
See you at the triathlon, darling.
我会把账单发给你
I'll send you the bill.
-你好 哪位 -伊万
-Hello, who is this? -It's Evan.
但我手♥机♥上显示的是曼德雷克
Oh, uh, it says Mandrake.
他是我的司机 我的手♥机♥坏了 我想跟你道个别
He's my driver. My phone's out. I wanted to say goodbye.
你要走了吗
You're leaving?
是的 我明天打过高尔夫就走
Yeah, I'm gonna play golf then head out.
-土壤测试怎么办 -我决定不建了
-What about the soil test? -Oh, I've decided not to build.
不想跟职业安全与健康管理署打交道 我们会再找别的地方
Don't wanna mess with OSHA. We'll find another place for a hotel.
-再见 -不行 等等 你不能这么做
-Bye. -No. Wait, you can't do that.
-你好 -嘿
-Hello. -Whoa, hey.
-对不起 -没关系
-Sorry. -It's okay.
但你可能会被列入路手名单
剧集 | 湾畔倾情 | 导航列表