剧集 | 美式主妇 | 导航列表
I had a super-high pain tolerance back then.
总之
So, anyway,
穿孔感染了
my piercing got infected, obviously,
但我不能向父母寻求帮助
but I couldn't ask my parents for help.
你做了什么
So what'd you do?
穿宽松的衣服
Wore a lot of baggy shirts.
最终我只能偷我家狗的抗生素
And eventually, I had to steal my dog's antibiotics,
有效
which did the trick.
但都克没药吃 失去了大部分的毛
But without his medication, Duke lost most of his fur.
抱歉我没征求同意就染了头发
I'm sorry I dyed my hair without permission.
你为什么不先找我谈呢
Why didn't you come talk to me first?
因为 我知道你不会同意
Because -- I knew you would say no.
是的
Sounds like me.
这样吧
How 'bout this?
我不再不加思索地反对
I won't automatically say no to things
只要你答应先跟我谈
if you promise to talk to me first.
好的
Deal.
-我可以保留这个颜色 -当然不行
- So I can keep my hair? - Absolutely not.
这点不纳入我们的新协议
That is not grandfathered into our new understanding.
哪怕我们间有了新的协议
And even with our new understanding,
我依然会反对
I still would say no.
我没明白我有什么好处
I don't see what I've won here.
非常小的好处
Very little.
怎么样
How did it go?
我读了最精彩的部分 他依然不去跳芭蕾
I gave him my best stuff, but he's still not going to ballet.
我突然觉得自己穿得太不正式了
Ooh. Suddenly, I feel underdressed.
我告诉奥利弗他不应该让尴尬
Basically, I told Oliver he shouldn't let embarrassment
阻止他做自己喜爱的事
stop him from doing something he loves
他需要勇敢熬过去
and he needs to soldier through it.
哪怕现在不太可能
And even though it doesn't seem like it now,
总有一天 这事将成为他在派对上讲述的笑话
one day, this will all just be a funny story he tells at parties.
我跟泰勒的谈话有个简洁版本
I've got a much shorter story about my talk with Taylor.
我大获全胜
I crushed it!
这是谁干的
Who's doing this?
一小时后就是读书会 我找不到皮带
My reading is in an hour! I can't find any of my belts!
皮带的原料是动物
Leather belts are made out of animals,
所以我把它们体面地埋葬了
so I gave them all a proper burial.
我会帮你杀了泰拉·萨莫斯
I will help you kill Tara Summers.
好的 但她临终前最后见到的一定要是这张脸
Okay. But I want this face to be the last one she sees.
亲爱的 你看起来很棒 别担心
Honey, you look great. Don't worry.
孩子们 我做了新菜式
Kids, I made a new recipe --
素鸡肉
veggie chicken.
这是什么做的
What's it made out of?
豆腐
Tofu.
骨头是什么做的
And what's the bone made out of?
也是豆腐
Also tofu.
尽管我需要多和泰勒谈
Even though I have to talk things out more with Taylor,
但安娜凯特才8岁
Anna-Kat is 8.
我不需要把她当成人对待
I don't have to treat her like a person.
对她说谎非常管用
Lying to her works just fine.
好多人
Good crowd.
所以我爱你
And that's why I love you.
晚上好
Good evening.
我是格雷格里·奥图 本书的作者
My name is Gregory Otto, and I am the author.
今晚先从读我的书开始
I'd like to begin the evening with a reading from my book
《约翰·斯图尔特·密尔
"John Stuart Mill and the Consequences
与彻底的经验主义展望的后果》
of a Thoroughgoing Empiricist Outlook."
伦敦 1806年
"London, 1806.
一位哲学家诞生了
A philosopher is born."
真遗憾 格雷格给奥利弗的建议没用
It's too bad the advice Greg gave Oliver didn't work,
因为那是非常好的建议
because it was spot-on.
约翰的父亲
"...John's father,
历史学家及政♥治♥理论家詹姆斯·米尔
historian and political theorist James Mill..."
我的天 这就跟《黑客帝国》一样
Oh, my God. It's just like "The Matrix."
奥利弗不能被告知如何♥勇♥敢熬过出丑
Oliver can't be told how to soldier through embarrassment.
他必须自己发现
He has to see it for himself.
...来自于外部世界
"...all it knows from the external world.
源自内部过程的任何快乐
Whatever pleasure is derived from internal processes
都可以归因于外部刺♥激♥
can be attribute to the external stimuli.
米尔对功利主义的经典研究
"Mill's canonical work on utilitarianism,
适当地称为功利主义
aptly entitled 'Utilitarianism',
支持他自己是彻底的经验主义
argues for a thoroughgoing empiricist, himself,
这一特点继承于边沁和其他人的总结
a trait inherited from Bentham and all other conclusions..."
谢谢
Thank you.
我明白你所做的
I get what you did.
你在公众前出丑 但你没有放弃
You were publicly embarrassed, but you didn't quit.
对
Yep.
所以我让你妈妈那样做
That's...why I had your mother do that.
你不会放弃芭蕾吗
So you're not gonna quit ballet?
不会 我会穿三条紧身裤
No. I'm just gonna triple up on tights.
你
You.
怎么了
What?
我们谈过我们其中一个出丑来表达观点
We talked about one of us embarrassing ourselves to make a point.
你认为会是我吗
Did you really think it was going to be me?
我想有可能 但我在脑海中过着另一种秘密生活
I thought maybe, but I live a whole secret life in my head.
我觉得你刚才读得非常棒
I thought you sounded great out there.
等你的书出音频版时
And when your book comes out on tape,
我会听的
I'm gonna read it.
谢谢了 亲爱的
Aww. Thanks, honey.
我现在是认真的 但无法想象我能做到
I mean that now. Can't imagine I will.
安娜凯特 你确定在这里吗
Anna-Kat, are you sure this is the place?
说实话我不记得了
Honestly, I don't remember.
你带我来这里 我随便一指
You put me on the spot, and I pointed.
你为什么不买♥♥条新皮带
Why don't you just buy a new belt?
我才不买♥♥呢 明明有一条非常好的皮带
I'm not buying a new belt when there's a perfectly good belt
埋在这个后院
buried somewhere in this backyard.
我的天 格雷格
Oh, my -- Greg!
瞧 奥利弗 又一起经典的奥图糗事
See, Oliver? Another classic Otto story.
决定了 我不会要孩子
That's it. I'm not having kids.
悲剧在我这代结束
This madness ends with me.
剧集 | 美式主妇 | 导航列表