剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
在你说出一些让人后悔莫及的话之前
You know what? I'm gonna walk out of this room
我要先离开这个房♥间
before you say something else you're gonna regret.
你想怎么样随你
You do what you got to do.
议员先生
Congressman,
谢谢你和我们见面
thank you so much for meeting with us.
非常感谢 说起来 我弟弟
I appreciate it. You know, my brother,
目前正在竞选市议员
uh, currently running for city council.
他简直忙得一塌糊涂 我能想象
He's going absolutely insane with the schedule. I can only
-你有多忙 -是的 非常感谢
- imagine what yours is like. - Yes, thank you so much
你能够来 安迪
for coming, Andy.
我都不知道你住在纽约了
I didn't know you were living in New York now.
这也是最近的事
Well, it's... it's, uh, pretty recent, really.
是的 最近过来的 她的行李
Yeah, pretty recent. Your bo... Her boxes just came in
-上周才从芝加哥送过来 -是的
- from Chicago, like, last week. - Yeah.
我们都没来得及把包裹打开
So, haven't really had a chance to even unpack them yet.
挺好的
Well, that's great.
你说你需要帮助获取一些
So, you said you needed help with getting some military
-军事记录之类的东西 -是的
- records or something? - Yes.
我们最近一直在跑
Well, we've been on this journey,
去越南又回来 一直在找凯文的叔叔
literally to Vietnam and back, looking for Kevin's uncle.
我们听说 如果有
And we heard that with a little push
国会议员的帮助 我们...
from a member of Congress, we, um...
我以为 你说你急需要帮助
I thought when you said you desperately needed help,
是会比这个更严重的事
it was something a little more serious.
抱歉 我并没有想...
Oh, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to...
不 没事 我可以试着去事务部拿记录
No. Sorry. It's fine. I can try to get the records from the VA.
也许我可以给他们发一封邮件
Maybe I'll just shoot them a quick e-mail.
那样应该能有效果吧
That should do the trick, right?
抱歉 我...
Sorry. I...
我还以为我已经放开了
I really thought enough time had passed.
安迪
Andy...
我会让办公室写一份正式的申请
My office will formulate a formal request for the records.
谢谢 非常感谢
Thank you. Appreciate that.
麻烦你了
Thank you for your time.
-搞定了 -是的 不过
- Well, that worked. - Yeah. Look...
那家伙的情感包袱很重啊
That guy's carrying around some serious baggage,
佐伊 你们俩之间发生了什么
Zoe, what... what's the story with you two?
你们当时是认真的吗
Were you two serious?
当时确实是的
I mean, we were.
我们谈了好几年
Uh, we dated for a couple of years.
还计划着搬到纽约
Uh, we talked about moving to New York.
我一直在等你的下文 佐伊
I... I'm on the edge of my seat here, Zoe.
他一直给我发公♥寓♥的清单
Well, he kept on sending apartment listings,
但我都觉得不合适
and, well, none of them felt right.
然后
And, uh,
然后我意识到不是公♥寓♥的问题
well, I realized the apartments weren't the problem,
所以我给他发邮件说
so I e-mailed him saying
我觉得我们的关系已经走到了尽头
I thought the relationship had run its course.
你和一个人谈了两年
You dated a guy for two years,
但是分手时... 居然发邮件吗
and you broke up with him... with an e-mail?
我知道 我没有很好地处理这件事
I mean, I didn't deal with it perfectly.
事情已经过去很久了
It was a long time ago.
我得走了
I got to run.
如果我和贝丝一起做饼干去晚了...
If I'm late for meeting Beth for cookie baking...
-现在就走吗 -她会发火的
- Going now? - ...she'll flip.
很明显你弟弟最近一直都擅离职守
Apparently, your brother's been AWOL.
我可不想被当作出气筒
I don't want to be on the receiving end of that mood.
好吧
Yeah. All right.
再见
Bye.
你离开之前
Hey, uh, before you leave...
不 今晚不行
Mm-mmm. Nope, not tonight.
今天是除夕夜 朋友 我要去
It is New Year's Eve, my friend, and I'm on my way
买♥♥南莓派 等到零点钟声敲响
to get a boo-berry pie to eat with my girls
-和我家人一起吃 -南莓派
- when the clock strikes 12:00. - Boo-berry pie?
其实是蓝莓派 但是当贝丝三岁的时候
It's technically blueberry, but when Beth was three,
她说成了"南莓派"
she called it "Boo-berry."
不是吧 老兄
Come on, man.
你没有类似"南莓派"的东西吗
Nothing for "Boo-berry"?
不管怎么说 贝丝的家里每年除夕夜都会吃
Anyway, Beth's family used to have one every New Year's.
她说 吃不到南莓派
She said the new year don't start
-新年就没正式开始 -我发现了这个
- till she get her boo-berry on. - I found it.
这是我们一直寻找的
What we've been looking for.
六年前 索尔·布朗因为酒驾被捕
Six years ago, Sol Brown was arrested for drunk driving,
但他没被指控
but he was never charged.
兰德尔 他贿赂警♥察♥去撤销指控
Randall, he paid off the police to have the charges dropped.
然后他付钱给报社让事情销声匿迹
And then he paid the paper to have the story buried.
这才是头等大事
That's major.
明天一早我们就放出这个消息
We should release this first thing in the morning.
这份"南莓派"怎么样
How do you like them boo-berries?
你好 来一个蓝莓派 谢谢
Hello. Uh, one blueberry pie, please.
抱歉
Ooh, I'm sorry.
最后一个刚卖♥♥掉了
We just sold the last one.
好吧
Okay, then.
你能给我现做一个吗
Um... could you make me one?
我妻子每年除夕夜都要一个
My wife requires one every New Year's Eve.
我可以等 不管多久都行
I'll wait, however long it takes.
我倒希望我可以 先生
I wish I could, sir,
但我们只有早上才烘焙
but we bake everything in the morning.
-下一位 -就一个蓝莓派
- Next in line. - It's just, just one blueberry.
-不行 抱歉 -是给我妻子的
-I can't. I'm sorry. -It's for my wife..
-真希望能帮你 亲爱的 我做不到 -好吧
- I wish I could help you, sweetie. I can't. - Okay.
愿你有个美好的假期
I hope you have a beautiful holiday.
还好吗 皮尔森先生
Everything okay, Mr. Pearson?
霍利牧师
Reverend Hawley.
没事 我没事 我就是
Um, no, I'm fine. I just,
在除夕夜七点钟的时候
standing here in the middle of a diner
站在一个餐厅中
at 7:00 on New Year's Eve,
思考着我是否会成为有史以来
wondering if I'm gonna go down in history
最糟糕的丈夫和父亲
as the worst husband and father of all time,
而且还以压倒性的差距输掉选举
who also lost an election by a landslide.
你可以退出
Well, you could drop out.
我相信我的好朋友索尔会给你开个派对
I'm sure my good friend Sol would, uh, throw you a party.
我之前让索尔修活动中心的灯
I asked Sol to fix the lights at the rec center,
但他并没有修
and he didn't do it.
结果有个很像我女儿的小女孩受伤了
Then a little girl who reminds me of my little girls got hurt.
我只是想给人们更好的生活
I just wanted to give the people something better.
我觉得那是他们应得的
I thought they deserved that.
我爸爸曾对我说 我会成为一个很优秀的人
You know, my father once told me that I was gonna be a great man.
所以我这辈子 一直在心底想着
And my whole life, in the back of my mind,
我要成为一个优秀的人
I always wanted to be one.
现在我开始觉得 做一个好人
I'm starting to think it might be harder
可能比做一个优秀的人更难
to be a good man than a great one.
我现在做的事
I'm sitting on something
可能会将一切都改变 而且...
that could change the whole game, and...
这并不是我想要的样子
It's just not the way I want to do it, man.
我很抱歉 兄弟
I'm sorry, man.
你只是想在除夕夜说句"你好"
You just wanted to say "Hi" on New Year's Eve.
我不是有意占用你的时间
I didn't mean to take all your time.
我给你一些终极建议
You know, I give a... a lot of death-bed advice.
包括跟工作有关的
Comes with the job, I guess.
终极建议
Death-bed advice.
是这样的
That's the gig.
想想你做哪些事 能让你在两鬓斑白
Act in a way that'll make you smile when you're old and gray
在养老院里盖着掉色的毯子时 想到就会笑
and lying under a pale pink nursing-home blanket,
想想... 你生活里的事
thinking about... the life you lived.
你做那些
You do that,
你就会成为你父亲希望的样子
you'll be the man your father wanted.
把这个给你妻子吧
And give this to your wife.
我买♥♥了最后一个蓝莓派
I got the last blueberry pie.
新年快乐 皮尔森先生
Happy New Year, Mr. Pearson.
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表