剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
- But you're supposed to be... - Now, listen.
我已经被一个
I have already been lectured to
完全不认识我的医生教育过了
by a doctor who doesn't know me from Adam,
不管你要说什么"慢慢来"
so whatever this "Take it easy" nonsense business is
之类的废话 我都不想听
you're about to spout, I don't want to hear that.
你们一定饿了吧 快进来
You must be starving. Come on in.
我来热一下晚饭
I'll warm up dinner.
-她还是很可怕 -对啊
- She's still scary as hell. - Yep.
这些是我教的高级班学生
So, these are my advanced students.
有一天贝丝妮会成为其中一员
One day this could be Bethany.
她要上多少节课
How many classes does she have to take?
每天放学后三节课
Three classes every day after school
周六全天
and then all day on Saturdays.
所有这些课到底是为了什么呢
And all of these classes lead to what, exactly?
问得好
Good question.
我们到我的办公室聊吧
Let's talk in my office, please.
宝贝 过来
Baby girl. Come.
我们每年会
Every year, we put on
为我们最年长的舞者举办高年级汇报演出
a senior showcase for our oldest dancers,
突出一些经典
featuring some of the classics
《天鹅湖》 《吉赛尔》
Swan Lake, Giselle,
还有一些新作品
some of the new works.
所以这么多年的训练就为了跳一晚上舞
So all these years of training are for one night of dancing.
并不是跳一晚上舞
It's not one night of dancing.
是一次把我们的学生
It's a chance to debut our students
推向一些国内顶尖的芭蕾公♥司♥的出道机会
to some of the leading ballet companies in the country.
我们强推的独舞演员会进入纽约市芭蕾舞团
Our featured soloists go on to have careers
英国皇家芭蕾舞团和莫斯科大剧院芭蕾舞团
at the New York City Ballet, The Royal Ballet, the Bolshoi.
有多少人成功了
How many make it?
成为职业舞蹈家
Professionally.
看情况
It varies.
有几年有八个 通常只有两个
Some years, eight. Others, two.
-两个 -克拉克先生 克拉克太太
- Two. - Mr. And Mrs. Clarke,
你们知道美国芭蕾舞剧团在其53年历史中
do you know American Ballet Theater has never had
从来没有非裔美国人
African American principal dancer
成为首席舞者
in their 53-year-old history?
你们的女儿天赋异禀
Your daughter has a remarkable raw talent.
如果贝丝妮努力的话
If Bethany works hard,
我相信她会成为第一个
I believe she could be the first.
我也相信她做得到
I believe she can do it, too.
要知道 她会走路前就会跳舞了
You know, she danced before she walked.
这是真事
That's a true story.
-你知道...-能让我们私下讨论一下吗
- You know, I... - Um, could we have a moment?
在我的...
In my, uh...?
当然可以
Yes, of course.
这个项目很贵的
This is a very expensive program.
如果她参加 你 你得加班
If she goes, you... you're gonna have to work overtime.
没关系 我不介意
It's okay. I don't mind.
我可能得去暑校教课
I'll probably have to teach summer school.
-艾布 你听到成功率有多低 -亲爱的
- Abe, you heard the odds. - Baby...
我们什么时候相信过成功率
when have we ever listened to the odds?
过来
Come here.
好吧 那就加入吧
Okay. We're gonna do this.
我和你父亲会想办法的
Your father and I, we're gonna make this happen.
但如果你选择了这个 你就得全力以赴
But if you go here, you'll have to give it everything.
你得成为最好的
You'll have to be the best.
现在 这是你想要的吗
Now, is this what you want,
每天都要努力练习舞蹈
to work hard at dancing every single day?
是的 妈妈
Yes, Mama.
闻起来真香
That smells good.
-是 -你是不是...
- Yeah. - Did you put...
多加了苏格兰红帽辣椒
...extra Scotch bonnet pepper,
你父亲最喜欢了 是的
just like your father liked it? Yes, I did.
可惜你们其他兄弟姐妹不在这儿
Aw, it's too bad your brother and sisters are not here.
-他们喜欢我的咖喱鸡 -妈
- They love my curry chicken. - Mom.
-我们自己能盛饭 -说什么 拜托
- We can serve ourselves. - Hmm? Excuse me.
我能舀起这奶油 非常感谢
I can ladle this cream, thank you very much.
对了 妈
So, Mom...
我和佐伊知道你不想我们干涉你的生活
Zoe and I know you don't want us running your life.
我们也无意如此
And we don't want to.
但我觉得我们需要讨论一下你的工作了
But, um, I feel like we need to talk about your job.
有什么问题
What about it?
好吧 很多
Well... it's a lot.
很多
A lot?
它 它损伤很大
It... it takes a toll.
这饭里有蛤蜊吗 克拉克妈妈
Are there clams in this rice, Mama C?
因为看起来黏糊糊的
'Cause it's feeling pretty clammy in here.
住嘴
Shut up.
我...
I...
我们觉得...
We were thinking that...
-也许... -我们觉得你该...
- May... - Look, we think it's time you...
考虑退休了
thought about retiring.
你在开玩笑吗 你们...
Are you kidding me? Are you...
就因为我擦伤了臀部
You want me to walk away from my job
你们就想让我退休吗
because of a bruised hip?
退休或许有点极端 但你总有
Well, maybe retiring's extreme, but there must be a way
-退居二线的办法 -我说过
- for you to cut back. - I have told you,
我不想听这种话 尤其不想听你说
I do not want to hear this, especially from you.
这是什么意思
And what's that supposed to mean?
你对工作懂什么
What do you know about a job?
等等 妈 你在说什么
Wait, Mom, what are you talking about?
-佐伊有工作 -我不是在说
- Zoe has a job. - I'm not talking
兴趣爱好 亲爱的
about a passion project, dear.
我在讨论生涯之路
I'm talking about a path.
我在说选择真正的职业道路
I'm talking about choosing a real path
并坚持走下去 就像贝丝妮那样
and sticking to it, like Bethany did.
贝丝妮上了大学 取得了硕士学位
Bethany went to college. Bethany got her master's.
每天早晨
And, every morning,
贝丝妮醒来时都心怀使命感
Bethany wakes up with a sense of purpose,
因为贝丝妮...
because Bethany...
贝丝妮几个月前刚被解雇了
Bethany got laid off months ago.
五 六 七 八
Five, six, seven, eight.
克拉克
Clarke.
向后擦地
Tendu derrière.
我像你这么大的时候
You know, when I was about your age,
第一次看了米夏出演《吉赛尔》
I saw Misha perform for the first time in Giselle.
注意肩膀
Shoulders.
你知道他是谁吗
Do you know who that is?
我那个时代的巨星 米凯亚·巴瑞辛尼科夫
The greatest of our time, Mikhail Baryshnikov.
当他跳跃时
When he leaped,
我心想 如果重力真的存在
I thought to myself, "If gravity does exist,
当他上台时 重力一定罢♥工♥了
it takes a vacation when he's onstage."
他简直是在...翱翔
He simply... soared.
而你 小姑娘 你已经会飞了
So, you, young lady, you've got that flying part down.
现在只需要掌握技巧
Now you need to master the technique.
你没问题的
And you will.
再来一次
Again.
注意节奏 克拉克
Mind the tempo, Clarke.
挺拔点 不要失去重心
Pull up. Don't lose your center.
下课后来找我一下
Come talk to me after class.
跳得不错 姑娘们
Nice work, girls.
贝丝妮 已经四年了
Bethany, it's been four years.
我们说过这个问题
We've talked about this before.
其他舞蹈形式没这么严格
You know other forms of dance can be more forgiving.
文森特 我知道自己的体型
Vincent, I know I'm not built
不是完美的芭蕾舞者
like the perfect ballerina,
但劳伦·安德森也一样
but neither was Lauren Anderson.
但她现在是休斯顿芭蕾舞团的首席
And now she's principal dancer for the Houston Ballet.
那是特例 不是常态
The exception, not the rule.
我也可以成为特例
I can be the exception, too.
这是我从小的梦想
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表