剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
因为从没有人让他觉得他应该为此感到羞愧
because nobody ever made him feel like he should be.
但我呢
But me?
我甚至都没法看他
I can't even look at him.
我甚至都没法看那些
I can't even look at the person
世界上和我最亲近的人
closest to me in the whole world.
我没法直视着他
I cannot look him in the eye...
告诉他我想再次成为那个跳芭蕾的小女孩
...tell him I want to be that little girl who dances again.
这件衣服你穿着真好看 贝丝妮
This sweater looks good on you, Bethany.
而且我也喜欢这辫子
And I like the braids.
大一新生的打扮
A freshman college mixer.
这是你重新大展手脚的绝好开端
This is a fresh start filled with great opportunities.
对不起
I-I'm sorry.
没关系
No problem.
-妈 -不 让我先说
- Mom. - No. Let me speak.
在我的认知里 我妈妈是最聪明的人
My mother was the smartest person I ever knew.
她那个在哈林区129号♥大街的小餐馆
Her little restaurant on 129th Street in Harlem
让我和我的兄弟们勉强完成学业
helped put me and my brothers through school.
我父亲认为女子无才便是德
My father thought education was worthless for a girl,
但她勇敢地反抗了他
but she stood up to him.
告诉他我应该和我的兄弟们享有相同的权利
Told him I would have every opportunity my brothers had.
她为了我加倍工作
She worked hard for me.
我也加倍努力来让她为我感到骄傲
And I worked hard to make her proud.
我们几乎从未吵过架
We hardly ever fought.
除了一次 当然 就是我遇见你父亲那次
Except, of course, when I met your father.
她 她警告我
Oh, sh-she warned me,
"女儿 坏朋友只会引你入歧途"
"Girl, bad company will lead you astray."
但艾布可不是坏朋友
But Abe wasn't bad company.
他只是有些游戏人间罢了
He just didn't take life so seriously.
我曾经有过很多担忧
I had so many worries.
有时那些担忧让我喘不过气来
Sometimes those worries suffocated me.
但当我和他在一起时
But when I was with him,
我觉得我总算能够呼吸了
I felt like I could finally breathe.
我想他给了我你说的那种我所没有的空气
I guess he gave me that air that you said I don't have on my own.
这就是我爱上他的原因
Which is why I fell in love with him.
最终你们的外婆也理解了
And your grandmother came around.
一天她回到家 艾布正在我家做客
She came home one night; Abe was over visiting me.
他给我买♥♥了晚餐 我当时在为考试临时突击
He had brought me dinner while I was cramming for exams.
然后他喂我吃饭
And he was feeding me.
真地喂我 一勺一勺地喂我吃饭
Literally, feeding me one forkful at a time,
因为我没法停下学习去拿叉子吃饭
because I wouldn't stop studying to pick up a fork.
她看到了他就是我所需要的那个人
And she saw that he was exactly what I needed.
我总是太认真 他却不够认真
I was too serious; he wasn't serious enough.
但我们两个一起就是绝佳的平衡
But together we made the perfect balance.
贝丝妮 我不知道我为你做的决定是否正确
Bethany, I don't know if I made the right decision for you.
但我没有时间来质疑自己
But I didn't have time to question myself.
你父亲已经不在了
Your father was gone.
我的空气也随他走了
My air was gone.
所以
And...
我只剩下我自己和我的担忧
I just had me and my worries,
只是希望我的小女儿能够好好长大
wanting my last child to be okay.
我们的宝贝姑娘
Our little island girl,
那个还没学会走路就开始跳舞的姑娘
who danced before she could walk.
妈
Mom.
你没让我失望 妈妈
You didn't fail me, Mom.
正是因为有你我才这么坚强
I'm strong because of you.
我并不后悔走上你为我挑选的路
I don't regret the path you put me on.
这条路让我遇到了兰德尔
It brought me to Randall.
有了我的女儿
And my girls.
拥有了一份我喜爱了十二年的工作
And a job that I loved for 12 years.
尽管如此
Still...
我还是不应该那么快地就让你放弃跳舞
I shouldn't have taken dance away so quickly.
对不起
I'm sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
老婆回家了
There she is.
你妈还好吗
How's your mom doing?
她很好 她一直都很好
She'll be fine. She's always fine.
那你呢
And what about you?
我也会很好
I will be.
我已经准备好告诉你我之后想做什么了
I'm ready to tell you what I want to do next.
很好
Okay.
需要我陪你进去吗
Should I come in with you?
我可以去当你的啦啦队 怎么样
I could be, like, your hype man. What?
这样
What?
-谢谢亲爱的 不过我能搞定 -好的
- Thanks, babe, but I got this. - All right.
-贝丝 -我知道 这很疯狂
- Hey, Beth... - I know. It's crazy.
大家都会觉得这太疯狂了
People are gonna think it's crazy.
宝贝拜托 我们什么时候管过别人的想法
Child, please. When have we ever listened to people?
怎么了 我说错什么了吗
What? I say something wrong?
没有
No.
马可斯先生 不要走路低头看手♥机♥
Mr. Marcus, get your head out of that phone.
你正在错过一整个妙不可言的世界呢
There's a whole world out here that you're missing.
抱歉 克拉克校长
Sorry, Principal Clarke.
-你跳得很不错 -抱歉
- You really know your stuff. - Sorry.
很久没跳了 我刚刚在
It's been a while. I was just...
重新找回跳舞的感觉
getting a feel for things again.
我们的初学者课程二十分钟后开始
Our beginner's class starts in 20 minutes,
不过我觉得你肯定会无聊到爆
but I think you're gonna be bored to tears.
你其实应该进入进阶班
You really belong in an advanced class.
实际上 我有一个更好的想法
Actually, I have something else in mind.
我想来教跳舞
I wanna teach.
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表