剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
So that is a no.
所以来不了惹
It's OK, though, because we have a back-up plan.
不过也没关系 因为我们有备用计划
Do we?
是吗
You see, the thing is, these days,
你看 问题是 最近-
a lot of performance cars have launch control.
最近很多车都有弹射起步
The way it works is you put your foot on the throttle and brake at the same time,
它工作的方式就是 左右脚同时分别踩住油门和刹车
and the car's computer works out exactly how many revs you need
并且车子的电脑会判断弹射所需要的精确转速
and exactly how much wheel spin to give the car
判断车子恰好需要多少车轮空转
so that you get an absolutely perfect start
也就是在你松开刹车的那一瞬间
as soon as you just take your foot off the brake.
能给你正好最完美的起步
Yeah, and we were wondering, just when exactly can you use that?
没从 我们很好奇 究竟什么情况下能使用弹射起步
If you're in a town centre at a set of lights going...
如果你在市中心等红绿灯的话...
Know what I mean?
你懂我意思吧
It is, as this short film explains.
没错 就像接下来这段短片解释的那样
Coconut-milk latte with a caramel shot, please.
椰奶拿铁 加一份焦糖糖浆 谢谢
OK, a coconut-milk latte with a caramel--
好的 椰奶拿铁加一份焦糖
What is it for?
这是干什么用的
The thing is, you can't...
这是 不可能
you can't even use launch control on a race track,
你不可能在赛道上使用弹射起步
because you can only engage it for three or four seconds before it cuts out.
因为你只有三到四秒的时间来弹射 不然整个系统就会被取消掉
And because you don't know when the lights are gonna go green,
而且你不知道灯什么时候会变绿
you don't know when your three seconds start, do you?
你不知道什么时候还有三秒钟开始 是吧
Exactly, which is why we have decided
没错 这就是为什么我们认为
it is the most pointless invention ever.
它是最没有意义的发明
Yes, and talking of pointless,
是的 说到没有意义
let's get back to our film.
让我们回到影片中
We're road-testing a Range Rover and some other cars.
我们在测试一辆路虎和一些别的车
We began in the German village of Wank,
我们从一个叫万柯的德国村庄出发
and the plan was to go through Kissing and Petting
计划穿过'接吻'和'爱抚'
towards Wedding, which was our destination.
最终到达我们的目的地 '婚姻'
Yes, and we pick up the action having decided to spend the night in Fu--
然后我们选择了刚好能够作为过夜地点的活动 '操…
We woke the next morning in this dew-kissed village.
第二天早上 我们在湿吻村醒来
And over a rather awkward breakfast,
在一顿尴尬的早餐之后
Clarkson made an announcement.
猩猩发表了一个声明
I don't mean to be hurtful or disrespectful,
我不是有意表现得伤人或是不尊重
but erm...
但是吧…
Go on, spit it out.
继续 往下说
just because we've been here,
虽然我们到了这儿
doesn't mean we necessarily have to go on to Wedding.
不代表我们必须要继续到'婚姻'
It's me, it's not you.
问题在我 不在你
No, he's right. It's been going so well.
不 他是对的 这一切都这么美好
And if we go on to Wedding,
如果我们继续下去到'婚姻'
we'll have to carry on and on and on,
我们就要一直一直的走下去
through Routine, Boredom,
穿过'日常' '厌倦'
Resentment, Spare Bedroom,
'怨恨' '分居'
Temptation, Affair,
'诱惑' '出轨'
Discovery, Remorse, Revenge,
'发现' '懊悔' '复仇’
Divorce, and then it's Death.
'离婚' 然后是'死亡'
Or you could turn off through Online Dating,
或者你可以通过'网上交友'走另外一条路
Meaningless Sex, Bottomless Regret,
'无意义的上♥床♥' '无止境的懊悔'
Financial Ruination, and then Heart Attack.
'经济困难' 然后是'心脏病发作'
And then you end up at Death anyway.
反正最后还是在'死亡'结束旅程
Exactly, Hammond. And that's why I'm suggesting
没错 哈蒙德 这也正是为什么我建议
that instead of going to... Wedding,
我们不去'婚姻'
we go to the Nürburgring.
而是前往纽伯格林
Because James's car was the only one that spoke German,
因为船长的车是唯一一个使用德语系统的
he set the satnav.
所以由他进行导航
Ziel eingeben: Nürburgring.
目的地 纽伯格林
And then we set off.
然后我们就出发了
Soon, we were on Germany's Autobahns,
很快 我们就上了德国的高速公路
which got us thinking about how sensible they are.
这使我们开始思考德国人是多么的通情达理
And here we are on the Autobahn.
现在我们在德国的高速公路上
No speed limits.
没有限速
Is it chaos? No.
造成混乱了吗 没有
If you remove the speed limits,
如果取消限速的话
people don't all suddenly drive into bridge supports at 200 miles an hour.
人们就不会突然以320km/h的速度开上桥一样
We're not that stupid. Just as if you leave the gate unlocked
我们没那么笨 就像你在野生动物园
at the lion closure at a safari park,
没锁狮子活动区的大门就离开了一样
we don't all run in and have a picnic.
我们不会一下子涌进去造成恐慌
In the last 15 years, Britain's economy has grown by 58%,
在过去的15年里 英国的经济上涨了58%
whereas Germany's has grown by 102%.
而德国上涨了102%
And that's because we're all doing 20 miles an hour and they're doing 200.
这是因为在我们以32m/h的速度行驶时 他们的速度是320km/h
Speed is good for business, and it saves lives as well.
高速有利于商业发展 同时也拯救生命
Because when we drive down the motorway in Britain,
因为当我们在英国的高速公路上时
we're looking at all the gantries to see if they have speed cameras,
我们会一直看有没有测速摄像头
or we're looking at our speedometers to make sure we're not breaking the limit.
或者一直盯着迈速表确定没有超速
We're not looking where we're going.
而不是看着要走的方向
Heavily enforced speed limits kill people.
严厉打击限速导致死亡
The Autobahn also got us thinking
德国的高速公路也让我们感受到
about how times have changed on the SUV front.
SUV随着时代变化做了多少改变
It is amazing, really, that an off-road vehicle
非常的惊人 真的 一辆越野车
can feel this stable,
能感受到这样的稳定
this planted, I think the word is.
这样扎根于地面 我想是这么表达的
Because it's not that long ago,
因为就在不久之前
if you think about early Range Rovers and the like,
当你想到早期的路虎等一些车
going fast was actually quite frightening.
高速驾驶其实是非常吓人的
They had stickers on the sun visors, do you remember,
他们的遮阳板上有张贴纸 记得吗
with a picture of the car toppling over.
是一辆翻倒的车
"Avoid sudden swerves."
"避免突然转向"
Yes, I'd completely forgotten
是的 我完全忘了
about that sticker, but you're right, it did.
那个贴纸 不过没错 的确是有
"If you operate the steering wheel, this vehicle will fall over."
"操作方向盘会导致翻车"
Chaps?
伙计们
There are no speed limits, right?
没有限速 对吧
So we are allowed to go as fast as our cars will go.
所以我们可以开到车的极速
But who dares actually do that?
但是谁敢这么做
Who dares go the fastest?
谁敢开到最快
Right, if we're going to play that game, I might even join in.
好吧 如果我们要这么玩的话 算我一个
Bang on.
好的
Go on, James. Help yourself.
快点 詹姆斯 别客气
There you go, 187, top speed.
看着点吧 300km/h 极速
The thing is, you were behind me when you started and you still are behind me.
现在的情况是 开始的时候你在我后面 现在你还在我后面
I did 190.
我开到了306
That's faster than your car will go.
那比你车子的极速还要快
In order to put a stop to this nonsense,
为了终结这些废话
I made us pull in at the next service station.
我们停在了下一个服务站
Right, small cameras.
好的 小型摄像机
and then there's no cheating.
这样就不能作弊了
Why have you got a dog?
你从哪儿弄了一只狗
I shall show you. Follow me.
我告诉你 跟我来
If you want a pet,
如果你想养一只宠物
you can have something expensive,
你可以选些贵的东西
like an iguana with a silver necklace.
比如戴着银项链的鬣蜥
Or you can have something cheap, like an ant.
或者养点便宜的东西 像是蚂蚁
What ant?
什么蚂蚁
Or you can use your common sense and have a labradog.
或者你可以按照常理养一只拉布拉多
With my clever demonstration over,
在我聪明的示范结束之后
we got back on the motorway
我们返回了高速路
and mounted Hammond's honesty cameras.
并安好了鼹鼠的诚实摄像机
I've got a good way of cheating still.
但我还是有很好的作弊方式
Because if I push this button here, watch,
只要我按下这个按钮 看
my speedometer changes to kilometres an hour.
我的迈速表就从英里转换到了千米每时
He'll never know.
他永远不会发现
And Jeremy, while you're setting your camera up,
对了猩猩 在你安装摄像机的时候
don't think about changing your display to km/h
别想着把它换成千米每时
so you get a bigger number.
所以你就能得到更大的数据了
It was now time to begin the speed trials.
现在是测速的时间了
Here we go. Going for a big one.
开始吧 来点儿大的
Into a world of speed and glory!
开往速度和荣耀的世界
Come on, Audi. You must be able to see me.
快点 奥迪 你肯定能看见我
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表