剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
Am I making this up?
我是在编故事吗?
There it is.
是这样的
I can't...
我不能...
I can't imagine anything clearer.
我想不到有什么地方更晴明了
That is... That is gin-clear,
那是...那是琴酒般的清澈
but according to the Green Party...
但根据绿党的说法
I'm not making this up.
我并没有胡扯
You're all from Stuttgart, yes?
你们都来自斯图加特对吧
There is an alarm today
今天有一个警报
because of the smog.
因为雾霾
Where is it?
在哪啊
How clear is it on a good day?
那要是一个好天气的话该有多晴朗?
We've got a photograph here of Beijing on now.
我这有张北♥京♥现在的照片
Let us compare and contrast
我们来做做对比
Beijing on a smoggy day with Stuttgart on a...
北♥京♥的雾霾天对斯图加特的...
Not the same.
不是一个样啊
Can I just ask, what would you have done
我能不能就问下 你们会怎么做
if they'd have actually ordered you not to drive cars?
如果他们真的命令你们不能开车?
At the moment, it's an advisory.
因为当下 它是一个公告
If they said you are banned from driving cars,
如果他们说你们被禁止开车
what would you have done?
你会怎么做?
Come on the train? That's unbelievable.
啥 坐火车?难以置信
But this is the thing
但这就是关键
that we don't really understand about Germany.
我们根本搞不懂德国人
Once something becomes a rule, it is a rule.
有些事一旦成了法令 它就会被遵守
I once had a very interesting conversation
我有过一次很有趣的对话
with two friends of mine.
和我俩朋友
One is from California and one is from Germany.
一位来自加州一位来自德国
We were talking about losing your driving licence.
我们在谈丢失驾照的事儿
The Californian said, "In Germany, what would happen
加州的伙伴说 "如果在德国
if you lost your licence and then you drove your car?"
...无证驾驶的话会怎么样?"
The German said, "No, you cannot do this."
德国伙伴说 "你不能这样做"
He says, "I know you're not supposed to,
加州人说 "我知道你不应该这样做...
but what if you did?"
但 假设你这样做了呢?"
He said, "No. You cannot drive. You have no licence."
德国盆友说 "不 你没有驾照 不能开车"
The Californian went, "Yeah, man,
加州人接着讲 "这样 兄弟
but late one night, you just...
"是在一个大晚上 你只是..."
hell, you go for a drive."
"天呐 你就是开了下车"
The German went, "It is impossible
德国人 "不可能"
to drive without a licence!"
"没有驾照! 不能开车!"
Impossible!
不可能!
There's an interesting thing I discovered here.
我发现这里有件很有趣的事
On a motorway, obviously you can drive as fast as you like.
在机动车道 显然 你想开多快开多快
You get people sometimes, not often,
有时你会等等其他人 并不经常
cos your lane discipline is unbelievable,
因为你开车的纪律观念十分严明
but sometimes they sit in the outside lane just dawdling.
但有时会有些在外圈闲晃的家伙
If you tailgate them... OK? I've got the fines here.
如果你跟在他们屁♥股♥后面...懂吗 等待你的是罚款
You get a 400 euro fine, two penalty points,
你将被处以400欧元的罚款 扣两分
and a three-month ban for tailgating.
以及三个月尾随禁令
That is extreme. Ouch!
真是变♥态♥ 好严厉
But if you overtake them on the inside,
但如果你在内圈超车的话
just go past them on the inside,
就是从路的内侧超过他们的话
that's a 150 euro fine, and one point.
就是150欧元罚款 扣一分
Well, there you go.
好 那就这么干呗
No. This is where it gets really good.
不 这才刚到真正有趣的地方
If you go on the hard shoulder to overtake, the emergency lane,
如果你坚持超车--占用紧急通道的话
that's also one point but only a 90 euro fine.
虽然也会扣一分 但却只有90欧元的罚款
There's your answer. That's what you do!
这就是你的答案哈 你一定会践行方案三
No, no.
不 不
No, because... Aha. You may think that.
不是的 因为...啊哈 你可能会那样想
But if you fit your car with blue lights,
但如果你给自己的车装一个蓝色的灯
flashing blue lights, basically,
准确说 闪烁的蓝♥光♥灯
you turn you car into a police car,
你把自己的车变成了一辆警车
you get... I've got the point fines here.
你...这里是处罚细则
20 euro fine and no points at all!
20欧元罚款 不扣分
What? You're joking!
纳尼? 开玩笑吧你!
No, you don't understand.
不 你不明白
That is very strange to our ears.
这在我们听来简直是个奇闻
Cos if you tried that at home in the UK,
因为 如果你敢在英国这样做的话
you would be charged with impersonating a police officer,
你会被因假扮警♥察♥而被逮捕
and you would never get out of prison, ever.
然后在监狱度过余生
People say Germans have no sense of humour.
人们常说 德国人没有幽默细胞
If you want to know what no sense of humour is,
但如果你真想知道到底什么才是丝毫没有幽默感的话
impersonate a policeman in Britain.
来英国吧 我们扮警♥察♥
Then you'll know what no sense of humour is.
那时 你就知道什么才是呆板零幽默
Right, that is the end of Conversation Strasse.
好了 今天的侃大街在这里就结束了
We all like the idea of a sports utility vehicle.
我们都喜欢SUV这个概念
A car that can handle the Australian outback at the weekend
一辆在周末轻松hold住澳大利亚无垠戈壁
and then set a new lap record at Hockenheim on a Monday morning.
又在周一刷新霍根海姆圈速表上最高纪录的炒鸡神车
But even the German car-makers
但即使是德国的汽车工程师
can't seem to make the concept work.
似乎也不能把这一念想变成现实
We've got this from Audi. The RS Q3.
我们从奥迪RS Q3身上看到这些
Which is a dismal car.
一辆可悲的车
BMW have the X4, I think that's called.
还有宝马的X4 我想是这样叫的
Don't want one of those, either.
我哪个都不想要
Mercedes have this horrible monster.
还有奔驰这个可怕的怪物
They're all just rubbish.
都是辣鸡
And let me guess. You have a solution.
我猜 你有了中意的问题终结者
Yes, I do.
是的
Yes, I do. A car
对 我的确想到了 一辆车
that is both sporty and utilitarian.
集速度与实用性于一身
This will be good.
听起来不错
Ye of little faith. Watch this.
有点小自信 看这个
This is a Land Rover Discovery
这就是路虎 发现
doing utilitarian things
着眼于实用性
in Britain's muddy underbelly.
在英国的泥泞的薄弱区域
And obviously a machine like this
而且很显然这样一个机器
cannot possibly be converted into a sports car.
是不可能被改造成一辆跑车的
Or can it?
可能吗?
First of all, we have to remove this rather ungainly body.
首先 我们要拿走这个极笨重的车身
You can't do that with a modern car
你当然不能对一个现代汽车这样做
because the body is the chassis. It's the skeleton.
因为车身是底架 是整个车的骨架
If you take it away, you're left with nothing more
如果把它拿走的话 除了一堆零件外
than a collection of unjoined-up parts.
你就什么都不剩了
However, you can remove the body
然而 你可以对旧版发现者
on an old Discovery like this,
这样做
using nothing more than one of these.
只需要用这个就ok
After just 40 minutes
40分钟不到
with no help from anyone else,
不借助其他任何人的帮忙
I ended up with this.
我得到了这个
Obviously it's still utilitarian.
明显 他仍然很强大
It will still wade through rivers
淌过河流
and crawl its way up muddy banks.
穿过泥泞的堤岸
But now there's a...
而且现在 这里还有一股
a sporty flavour as well.
跑车的气息
Without the heavy body, it feels nimble, agile, light.
没了沉重的车身 它简直身轻如燕
If it weren't for the fact that the windscreen is now very close to my face,
如果挡风板再离我脸再远一点的话
it would feel like a Lamborghini Gallardo.
它就像一辆兰博基尼盖拉多了
The only real problem with this
唯一的问题是
is that Britain is a police state,
英国是一个法律严明的国家
and if I took this on a public road,
如果我把这货开到大路上的话
I'd be stopped immediately
会立即被警♥察♥叫停
by the constabulary who would point out
并列举出
that I was contravening about...
我所触犯的
4,870 different laws.
4870条不同法规
It's not warm, either.
有点小冷
Oh, no, that's stupid!
噢 不 简直蠢到爆♥炸♥
Happily, both these problems would be solved
可喜的是 这些问题都可以得到解决
when I fitted it with the body from a sports car.
如果我换上一辆跑车的车身的话
And this is the sports car I've gone for.
而这就是我选择的跑车
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表