剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
Oh, that well-known expression. Tears of bravery.
哦 是吗 那个很有名的表情 勇敢的泪水
Anyway, look, there's a bit of a trend in South Africa
不管那些 你知道 在南非这里很流行
for making your own car, making a car from scratch.
打造自己的汽车 使用零件打造自己的车
We've got an example here.
我们这里有个例子
This man's built this one based around the engine
这位仁兄的车 基本上是基于宝马318i的
and a few bits from a BMW 318i.
引擎和一些零部件打造
And I've got to say, I think that's pretty cool.
我要说一句 我认为真的很酷啊
It's brilliant.
太有才了
I prefer this one, also with a BMW engine, a V8,
我比较喜欢这个 一样使用的宝马引擎 一台V8
but the bodywork is made of denim.
但是车身是由牛仔布做的
A man of exquisite taste.
这是一位品味很特别的哥们
I think the best of them all is so good,
我认为这其中最棒的一辆实在是太了不起了
we've actually brought it into the studio.
于是我们实际上把车子带到了帐篷里
Look, it's down here. Unbelievable, this.
就在那边 难以置信
It's a replica of a Mercedes C9.
这是一辆奔驰C9的仿制品
Now that, Hammond, was the car that won the 24-hour Le Mans race in 1989.
而原版车 哈蒙德 曾经赢得了1989年的勒芒耐力赛冠军
And it's so amazing, I've brought out the man who built it.
真是太惊人了 我还把打造它的人请到了现场
Ladies and gentlemen, give him a warm hand. Johan Ackermann!
女士们 先生们 让我们热烈欢迎Johan Ackermann
Thank you very much for coming.
非常感谢您的到来
Can I just as--
我能..
Can I just ask, Johan,
我能问一句
how did you get the styling to work?
你是怎么解决车子造型问题的呢
Well, Jeremy, there was no drawings on the internet,
这个 杰里米 这车子网上没有具体的尺寸数据
so, erm... I got a book on the dimensions,
所以 我搞来了一本记录了全部尺寸的书
but the closest I could get was a 1:32-scale model.
但是我拥有的 最接近的模板还是这个1:32的车模
Hang on, so you measured your toy car,
等一下 你是量着这辆玩具车
multiplied it by 32 and built a full-sized one.
放大了32倍 仿制了这辆全尺寸版本
Yep.
没错
Is it road legal?
能合法上路吗
It's a real car, not a model?
这是一辆真车 不是模型
How long did you spend building this?
那么请问你造它花了多久
From start to roadworthy was 16 months.
从开始到可以上路花了16个月
Right. Was there, or is there,
那么 我想请问在这过程中
a marriage to have survived this?
有没有一段壮烈牺牲掉的婚姻呢
Well, I hope so.
嗯 可惜没有
My wife is here, so it must be a good sign.
我老婆今天也在 所以我的婚姻状况还好
Hello, patient lady.
你好啊 有耐心的女士
Well, it's a remarkable achievement, and well done.
这真是了不起的作品 干得漂亮
Ladies and gentlemen, Johan Ackermann.
女士们先生们 Johan Ackermann
That's brilliant.
真是太天才了
Brilliant.
真棒
We're moving on to a great idea
我们继续下一个非常棒的环节
that Richard Hammond and I have had all by our own.
这是我跟鼹鼠自己想出来的
And it is brilliant.
很天才的想法
It's called, Making James May Do Something He Doesn't Want To Do.
环节就叫 '让船长做些他不想做的事'
And we kick off with spinning.
而我们第一次就用打转烧胎开始
It's a South African thing. Fairly simple.
这是南非特产 说来也简单
You get an elderly rear-wheel-drive car,
你找一辆老式的后轮驱动车
take it to a car park where you do doughnuts in it
开去停车场 在那里画甜甜圈
to a backdrop of strong rap music.
周围放着震耳欲聋的说唱乐
It's lively, it's interesting, and it's youthful.
活动是很活泼 很有趣 很年轻
It's everything he isn't.
总之就是船长的反义词
Well, here we are, then,
额 就是这里了
at one of Jo'burg's top spinning destinations,
约翰内斯堡甜甜圈烧胎玩家圣地
the aptly-named Wheelz 'n' Smoke Arena.
一个很恰当的名字 烧胎'之'圣地
And the object of the exercise,
而整个活动的目标
as far as I can make out,
据我所见
is to create smoke.
就是拉烟
And drive round and round the arena
绕着场地一圈圈烧胎
until the tyres go bang.
直到爆胎
And then what's left of the tyres
然后他们把爆了的轮胎
are put on a bonfire over there,
丢在那边的篝火里
to make sure there's absolutely nothing left.
以确保什么都不留下
This is Stacy, and she's only about 17, I think.
这是史黛西 我猜她大概17岁
And the word round here and the noise in the crowd
场上观众称赞的话语和欢呼声
says that Stacy is actually very good at this.
证明了她实际上烧的不错
But how the bloody hell would I know? It's just a massive cloud of smoke...
但我特么搞不明白他们嗨什么 这就是一大团烟
...with some headlights occasionally appearing in it.
偶尔露出几下头灯
To help me get into the spirit of things,
为了让我体会烧胎运动的乐趣
the organisers suggested I should become more involved.
组织者建议我应该更深入一点
Look at the rev case, in the red constantly, mate.
快看转速表 一直在红线上啊 哥们
I don't like the smell of tyre smoke in the evening.
我不喜欢晚上轮胎拉烟的味道
Oi! Get back in!
嘿 你给我回来啊喂!!!
Get back in the car, you [BLEEP] idiot!
快给我回来 你***的
Help!
救命
Thank you.
我谢你全家啊
Has it broken?
爆胎了吗
Finally.
终于啊
I got 20,000 miles
我的上一套后胎
out of the last set of rear tyres on my car.
开了三万两千公里才换
Just go out there and do it.
出演播厅去试试吧
Fancy trying to do that in England.
在英国不敢这么干
Or anywhere. Or Australia.
哪都不行 还有澳大利亚
Anyway, mm-mm-mm.
总之
James May, was there any part of that that you enjoyed?
船长 喜欢烧胎的哪一点
Nope.
全都不喜欢
But now it is time for Celebrity Brain Crash.
现在是明星头脑碰撞环节
Now after what happened last week,
经历过上周的意外
our guest this week declined our offer
我们这周的嘉宾拒绝了
to arrive at the studio on a hovercraft,
我们让她坐气垫船来的请求
saying she would prefer to walk.
说她还是喜欢走过来
It's understandable.
可以理解
I'm sure that despite this,
哪怕她出场不劲爆
you will still give her an enormous welcome.
我猜你们还是很欢迎她的
Although she's now a major Hollywood star,
因为她尽管是好莱坞巨星
She was actually born here in South Africa.
但她却是出生在南非
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Charlize Theron!
女士们先生们 掌声欢迎查理兹 塞隆
We must ask her about A Million Ways To Die In The West.
我们一定要谈谈《西部的一百万种死法》
I love that film.
我挺喜欢那电影的
But what I really love is the way she looks in it.
我也喜欢 但我最喜欢的是她戏里面的扮相
The hat and the floaty skirt. She's on a bicycle as well.
大帽子搭飘逸的长裙 胯下骑着摩托车
Oh, no. Oh, God.
不 天啊
Oh, not...
不要
Charlize Theron has been attacked by a lion.
我们的嘉宾被狮子吃了
Oh, no.
哦 不
Does that mean she's not coming on, then?
这是不是代表她来不了
She's been eaten by a lion.
她都到狮子肚子里去了
Well, look, are there any other well-known
额 我们观众群里
South Africans in the audience?
还有南非名人吗
It's not very likely, James.
希望不大 船长
There's only two globally famous South Africans.
全世界就俩出名的南非人
One's now in a lion and the other's in prison.
一个在狮子胃里 一个在监狱里
Let's get back to what we were doing.
让我们重回正轨
Earlier on, we were at a Jordanian special forces training base
早前提到 我们在一个约旦特种兵训练基地
learning to be super army soldiers.
学习如何去当超级士兵
And we pick up the action as we rush towards the hijacked airliner
采取行动 赶到被劫持的飞机那
to rescue a VIP and take them to safety.
并安全带回我们的贵宾
Let me talk you through the plan.
让我讲讲救援计划
James and Richard will use the catering lorry as an assault vehicle.
船长和鼹鼠会开升降车袭击
And then, after we've rescued the VIP,
然后我们救上贵宾
we'll use the Audi as a getaway car.
开着奥迪跑路
Now what we're doing here, very cleverly,
现在 我们非常机智的
is we're going round the back of the plane
选择绕到飞机的后面
because planes don't have rear windows
因为飞机既没有后窗
or door mirrors, so they won't see us sneaking up.
也没有后视镜 所以他们不会发现我们溜了进去
Stealthy, you see.
就是这么静悄悄
Hammond, we're manoeuvring in.
鼹鼠 我们上
OK. Dab the brakes.
好的 轻点刹车
Right, we are in position.
已就位
James is gonna lift me on this platform to the door,
船长要用这升降台把我送到门上去
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表