剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
So he had to get radical.
于是他不得不搞一个比较激进的方案
15%.
到百分之十五了
Nice.
赞
Apart from a couple of hiccups...
在几个小故障之后
Go!
冲
You'll have to put a little bit more effort in than that.
你得再努力点儿
...everything was going well.
情况开始好转
The power was flooding in.
电力喷涌而出
Oh, yes!
真棒
25%.
百分之二十五了
And we were forced to conclude
事实摆在这 我们可以说
that it had been a successful day for all of us.
这一天我们都是成功的
Well, when I say all of us...
额 当我说我们的时候
No. Look, listen.
不 等等 你看
I can see why you're here. Um...
我明白你为什么来这
Obviously, fitting children with harnesses
很显然 给小孩装背带
and then videoing them,
拍摄他们
and they're not my children...
还不是自己的小孩儿
I got... I got 45% charge in my phone.
我给手♥机♥充了百分之四十五的电
I got 41% charge.
我充了百分之四十一
I got a different sort of charge.
我充了另一种东西
Anyway, since we had proved--
言归正传 既然我们证明了
well, Hammond and I had proved--
额 哈蒙德和我证明了
that it was possible to charge up a telephone--
给手♥机♥充电是可行的
I began to wonder if we could charge up a car
我开始想我们能不能靠
using nothing more than vanity.
虚荣心给车充呢
In London alone, there are over 750 gyms,
单单在伦敦这里 就有750家健身房♥
and every day they are full of people
里面每天都充满了人
picking things up and putting them down again
把东西举起来 再放下去
so they can be more attractive.
所以他们就能更有吸引力了
So why not use all this colossal effort?
为什么不利用这块巨大的力量
Let's harness it!
我们开始嘿
And that's exactly what we have done.
这就是我们的解决方案
Ten of the machines in this gym
这健身房♥里的十台器材
have been connected to a device
接上了这个能
which produces a smooth flow of electricity
能平稳产生电流的机器
that's sent outside to this G-Wiz in the car park.
电流传到这台停车场里的G-Wiz上
Right now the battery is flat.
现在电池是空的
So I'm going to plug it in
我把车插上电
and then after eight hours, we'll see how far I can drive
等八个小时后 我们来看看这充的电
on electricity that's been generated in there.
能支撑我走多远
Come on, you're slacking.
加油啊 你在偷懒
Right. Unplug from the gym.
好的 从健身房♥断电
Let's see how far we go.
我们看看能走多远
Look at this. This is epic because I'm driving along
看看啊 堪称史诗 我现在
in a car, sort of.
开一辆疑似车用的电
No fossil fuel has been burned,
没烧化石燃料
and no atoms have been split.
没有原子被裂变
Nothing's been fracked up.
没有东西被破坏
Look, there's a man pushing that pushchair.
你看那个人在推婴儿车
Stick a little dynamo on that,
在车轮上装个小马达
kid gets some fresh air, I get more battery charge.
孩子们有新鲜空气 我电池也能充上电
It's difficult to see who loses from this arrangement.
很难发现在这个过程中有人从中受害
I get a trip home, effectively for nothing,
我开车回家 什么都没消耗
the people going to the gym feel good, look good,
上健身房♥的人们感觉不错 看上去不错
they become healthier, the NHS saves money,
他们更健康了 社保体系也省钱
cos people are less likely
因为人们更不容易
to have strokes and what have you.
中风 诸如此类
If one person in a hundred gets a free gy...
只要每一百个人里有一个人去免费的健...
Hang on.
等等
I was enjoying driving on pedal and cross-trainer power!
我还刚开始享受用椭圆机发的电开车呢
And with that, I think it's back to the tent.
是时候回到演播帐篷了
James... James May,
詹姆斯
how far did you get
充了八小时电
after eight hours of charging?
你跑了多远
Actually, it was better than I expected.
比我预想的要好
I did 21 miles.
三十三公里
Hang on, though. To get from our office in London
等等 从我们伦敦的办公室
to my home in nearly Wales,
到快到威尔士的我家
that's 130 miles, 21 miles at...
大概209公里 33公里一停
So six stops at gyms, eight hours a time,
在健身房♥停六次 一次八小时
and the actual driving,
整个旅程算下来
it would take me three days
我花三天
to get home!
才能到家
Or, Hammond, just an idea,
或者 只是说说
you could maybe get a petrol-powered car,
你可以换辆汽油车
put some petrol in it,
加点油
and be home in two hours.
两个小时到家
That's a better... I'm gonna do that.
听起来更棒 我就这么做
Yes. So there we are.
得出结论
That's the future, and it's made of petrol.
我们有未来 不过是靠石油
So we've addressed that nicely.
所以 我们仔细讨论过了电力问题
Moving on...
继续节目
Now...
现在
There are people all over the world
世界各地都有人
who believe we are permanently on the verge of nuclear war,
相信核战 外星入侵 僵尸危机
alien invasion or zombie attack.
永远是一触即发
It isn't a niche thing.
这些人很多
There's 120,000 of these people at least.
至少有十二万人这么准备的
They call themselves preppers.
他们管自己叫预备者
Morons.
蠢货
Idiots.
傻子
in order to prepare for an extinction-level event,
都在为可能导致人类灭绝的极端事件做准备
stock their homes with essential supplies,
在家中储备必需物资
they go out into the woods and practise tactics,
到树林中进行战术演练
and they create what they call bug-out cars.
还制♥造♥了他们所谓的防暴突击车
They're brilliant. Here is one. Look.
棒极了 看看这个
Look at that! Yeah! I know!
看看 是吧 我懂你们
No, Hammond, that is not brilliant.
不 哈蒙德 这不叫棒
Are you saying we can prepare for a nuclear attack
你是说我们要通过在现代的车轮上插上长钉
by putting some spikes on the wheels of a Hyundai?
来应对核攻击吗
What if the nuclear attack
如果核攻击
comes from the back of the Hyundai?
是从现代的后面过来的要怎么办
All you're gonna do with that car
你所做的一切只能
is snag your jumper on it.
让你把你的毛衣勾在上面
In this show you have wasted 14,000 of our pounds
在这期节目里你浪费了1万4千英镑
on your stupid Mercedes car.
在你那台蠢爆了的奔驰上
You have wasted all of our time
你把我们的时间都浪费在了
with your sweat-powered electric car.
你那汗-电混动的车上
This is my thing. Let me do it.
这是我的事 我自己来就行
You do realise there's no such thing
你真的知道世界上没有
as a zombie, don't you?
僵尸这种东西的 对吧
Don't spoil it for him.
别扫他的兴了
I like the idea of being a prepper,
我喜欢做'预备者'的这个想法
so I thought I'd have a go at making my own bug-out car.
所以我想试着做一辆自己的暴突车
This is what I came up with.
这就是我的成果
It started life as a VW campervan, high-top version.
它的前身是一辆大众面包车 高顶版本的
But I've stripped it of its hippie heritage
但是我抛弃了他嬉皮士传统
to turn it into a vehicle that can bare its teeth
把它改成了一辆在危险的末日后的世界
in a dangerous, post-apocalyptic world.
也能够张牙舞爪的汽车
And I love it!
我太爱它了
I'm so unbelievably pleased with this thing.
我很难描述自己对它的喜爱
I feel invincible, ready, prepared.
我感觉我是无敌的 准备好的 时刻准备着
Which is hardly surprising,
根据我所做的改装来看
given the modifications I've made.
如此自信也不奇怪了
At the front, a battering ram.
前面是一个开路铲
You can be pretty sure the roads won't be clear.
你基本可以肯定路上不会毫无障碍
The ram itself is fitted with spikes
开路铲上嵌有长钉
for fending off zombies at close quarters.
用来挡住靠近的僵尸
Then, up top,
然后 在上面
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表