剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
Staggering.
令人惊讶啊
Well, more than staggering, that is a magic figure,
其实比令人惊讶还要猛的是 它那逆天的数据
cos that means it has one horsepower per kilogram.
因为这么算下来 001的推重比能达到1马力每千克
And no other car gets close to that.
没有别的车能做到这样的成绩
Not remotely. The Vulcan's barely half that. It's staggering.
夸张的是 它只有火神重量的一半 令人瞠目
The only problem I have with this... and you just have to look at it.
它唯一的问题是 你仔细看看它的造型
Another angle we've got here. Look at that.
咱们换一个角度看 看看吧
You know that car is gonna be all about aerodynamics
一看就知道这车特别注重空气动力学
and particularly downforce.
尤其是在下压力问题上
And I hate downforce.
而我很讨厌下压力
What do you mean, you hate downforce?
你什么意思 讨厌下压力
Because they tell you you can go round a 90-degree bend at 100mph
因为他们告诉你 你可以用160km/h的速度通过一个90度弯道
because of the weight of the air pressing down on the body.
因为空气流动产生的下压力作用在了车身上
It's like having an invisible elephant.
重量就像一只隐形的大象
What if the elephant falls off?
那要是大象转弯时摔下去怎么办
It's not a real elephant! It can't fall off!
那不是真的大象 不可能发生这种情况的
But how can you trust something you don't see?
但是你怎么能信任一个你看不见的东西呢
Wait. No, I'm with him because what if you drove through a sudden vacuum?
等一下 我其实同意他的观点 因为如果你转弯时周围突然真空了怎么办
Well, that's not gonna happen either, is it?
额 这个也不可能发生的 是吧
Hammond, listen. There has to be a speed
哈蒙德 听着 像那样的一辆快车
in a car with active downforce, like that one,
必须要跑到一定速度才会产生下压力的
where you go round a corner too fast for the tyres,
当你通过一个弯道 速度超过了轮胎的极限
too fast for the mechanical grip,
车子突破了机械上的抓地力
but not fast enough for the downforce to be working.
但是速度还不够快去产生下压力
So you'd have to say to the police,
那么你就得要跟警♥察♥叔叔解释说
"I crashed because I wasn't going fast enough."
"我会撞 是因为我开的还不够快"
It's true.
事实就是这样
There's another point, actually,
实际上 还有一个例子
the handling is gonna depend on the weather.
车子的操控取决于天气情况
If it's a really hot day, the air will be thinner.
如果天气很热 空气会变得稀薄
No, thicker.
是更浓厚吧
See, I'd be messed up already cos I'd have the wrong...
你看 我已经出错了 我还没...
That's the point. You got a really hot day,
还是这个道理 假如你在很热的一天驾驶
and you don't really want to be driving a car
你可不希望你的座驾
where whether or not you get round a corner
还要根据太阳的大小来判断
depends on whether or not the sun's out.
车子到底能不能通过这个弯道
So you now want weather forecasts to include cornering speeds?
所以你的意思是说 判断车子过弯速度还要结合天气预报判断
It's not just weather. Altitude.
还不仅是天气温度呢 海拔也要考虑
You could drive that car round a corner at 100mph in Holland, sea level,
你可以驾车160km/h通过一个弯道 在荷兰 海平面
but, what are we here, 6,000 feet up?
但是在这里呢 南非海拔有1800米?
6,000 feet up here.
这里海拔1800米
You'd barely be able to get round at three mph.
你可能5km/h都过不了弯
You'd crash it into a tree, or a visible elephant.
你会撞上一棵树 或者是一头隐形的大象
They are real.
这里的大象是真的
Exactly. I just... Honestly, downforce...
没错 我只是...下压力这东西
I don't like having to trust something you can't see.
我只是不太相信眼睛看不见的东西
It's like North Korea.
就跟北朝鲜似的
Or the contraceptive pill.
或者是避孕药
That was an overshare.
我好像暴露了什么
There's actually another hyper car I want to draw your attention to.
其实还有一辆究极跑车 我想让各位看一下
Replacement for the Veyron.
威龙的继任者
That is the Bugatti Chiron.
它就是布加迪Chiron
It's got a quad turbo 8-litre W16 engine,
它搭载了一台四涡轮 8.0升 W16引擎
which every minute inhales 13,000 gallons of air.
这辆车每分钟能吸入50立方米的空气
Just imagine.
光想想就惊悚
1,500 horsepower.
拥有1500匹马力
And the top speed is limited to 261 mph.
并且最高时速被限制在了420km/h
They say it would do 288 but that would be irresponsible on the road.
厂方表示Chiron能跑到463.5km/h的极速 但是这样是不负责任的
It's got diamonds in the speakers for better sound quality.
车内的扬声器上镶有钻石 只是为了更好的听觉效果
Of course it has, yeah.
哦 可不是
Oh, you'll like this. At top speed, the force on each tyre is 3,800G.
哦 这个你会喜欢的 在最高时速的情况下 每个轮胎的下压力能有3800G
A man dies at 9G.
人类在9G的压力下就死了
If you drive the Chiron flat out
如果你驾驶一辆Chiron全力加速
it'll drain its tank in nine minutes.
它会在9分钟内耗光自己的油箱
Nine minutes?
只有9分钟
Hang on a minute. 261mph at nine minutes.
你等我算算啊 420km/h的速度 九分钟...
That means you'd have to fill up with fuel every 39 miles.
这也就是说你需要每62公里就要停下来加油
Well, less - you can't drive until you run out, you'd have to look for a petrol station.
实际上距离要更短 因为你不可能把油耗光 还要算上找加油站的里程
Yes, James, it really isn't a practical car, is it?
是啊 詹姆斯 这真不是啥实用的家轿啊 是吧
Gonna give you the most amazing stat, though.
再跟你们说说最赛艇的部分
It's about the people who are buying this car.
是购买♥♥这辆车的买♥♥家
They've got 200 orders so far.
目前为止布加迪收到了200份订单
And the average person who's ordered one
而每位买♥♥家平均来算每人拥有
already has 6♥4♥ cars, three helicopters, three jets and one yacht.
6♥4♥辆汽车 3辆直升机 3辆喷气私人飞机 还有一艘游艇
Zuma.
祖马
I reckon he's got one already.
我猜也能想到总统大人买♥♥了一辆
Didn't say that. He didn't say that.
他什么都没说 你们什么都没记住
Shall we move it on?
我们是不是该继续了
In South Africa, there are 35 carjackings every day.
在南非 每天都要发生35起劫车案件
Every day?
每天吗?
I've got to say, well done, that's an amazing figure.
我一定要说...干得漂亮啊各位 数据很亮眼啊
I can't believe it. How have you got time to come here?
难以置信 你们各位都是怎么有时间来这里的啊
Cos you've got stuff to do.
我猜你们都应该有事情忙吧
They've all come here in someone else's car.
他们都是开着别人的车来的
So you've already done it?
所以说35起的指标已经完成了?
But what they don't realise is they're all walking home.
但是这些观众不清楚的是 一会他们都要走路回家了
I've done a bit of research.
我做了些小调研
The most commonly jacked cars, carjacked cars,
这里最常见的被害人-- 被害车
are the VW Polo, the Toyota Hiace and the Toyota Hilux.
是大众的Polo 丰田的海狮 以及丰田的海拉克斯
But they're the best-selling cars in South Africa.
它们都是南非最畅销的车型啊
Exactly. The VW Polo is the best-selling car in South Africa.
没错 大众Polo是南非销量最好的车型
So why would you buy a car
那么这里的人为什么要买♥♥一辆
which increases your chance of being shot in the head and your car being stolen?
能够增加你被枪击 被抢劫的车型呢?
Why not buy a car that nobody would want to steal?
为什么你们不直接买♥♥那些没人想偷的车呢
No, cos if I lived here, I'd get something like a beige Volvo Estate.
不 如果我住在这里的话 我会买♥♥一辆米黄色的沃尔沃旅行车
That's just a car you want!
那是因为你本来就想买♥♥一辆
You're using it as an excuse to get your dream car.
你只是为了买♥♥一辆你内心想买♥♥的车找理由而已
Look, Hammond, I've explained it to you before.
嘿 哈蒙德 我之前跟你解释过
Having a Volvo Estate is a bit like needing to go to the dentist.
买♥♥一辆沃尔沃旅行车就好比人一定要去看牙医一样
It's gonna happen. Get it over with. Just do it.
这是一定会发生的事 那么就一咬牙 一不做二不休好了
I don't want to get it over with.
我可不想一咬牙就过去了
That's like going to the dentist and saying,
这就好比去牙医那里跟大夫说
"Take all my teeth out cos they're gonna fall out."
"请把我的牙都拔掉吧 反正它们早晚都要掉光"
At the barber's: "Just pull it all out, it'll fall out anyway."
跟理发师说"干脆全都剃光 反正头发早晚都要掉光"
The doctor: "Stop me being able to retain my urine. It's gonna happen, too."
跟大夫说"请直接让我尿失禁吧 尿反正也是要出来的"
I'm gonna bury myself and get it all over with once and for all.
我要先把自己活埋了 反正早晚也要埋
He has got a point, seriously.
他其实说的有道理 真的
Let's enjoy it before we have to have the Volvo.
在我们堕落到沃尔沃之前 还是先享受别的车型吧
But why do you all buy cars that you're going to get carjacked in?
但是 为什么你们要买♥♥那些会被抢劫的车型呢
Has anyone got a Volkswagen Polo here?
这里有人开Polo吗
You have? Did you buy that for yourself?
你开的Polo? 你的车是自己买♥♥的吗
My dad bought it for me.
我爸爸买♥♥给我的
Oh, nice gift!
哦 好棒的礼物
What sort of madness is this?
这爹该是有多疯啊
Has anyone got a Toyota Hilux?
这里有人开丰田海拉克斯吗
Yeah. This is insanity.
你看 纯粹疯了
Is it yours?
车是你自己的吗
What did you start out with this morning?
你今早出门的时候开的是那辆车吗
It's unbelievable.
难以置信
Anyway, listen, we gotta move it on.
无论如何 我们要继续了
Because, here in South Africa,
因为 这里是南非
people have an interesting approach to preventing car theft.
人们有着自己特殊的防范来防止车子被盗
Got a picture here of one man's solution.
我这有张某位兄弟的照片
That's a python.
这是条巨蟒啊
Now there's no question it's gonna work.
毫无疑问 这肯定是奏效的
I would not steal a car that had that on the dashboard.
我是肯定不会偷一辆这样的车了
However, a python's not like a burglar alarm.
但是 巨蟒跟防盗报♥警♥器不同
You can't turn it off.
你不能单纯的关掉一条蟒蛇
When you come back to your car, how do you say to the snake,
当你回到你的车时 你该如何同那条蛇交流
"It's my car, don't strangle me."
"这是我的车 请不要勒死我"
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表