剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
-什么时候 -您的教育程度
- When? - With her education.
-在什么方面 -您参加或通过了什么考试
- In what sense? - Which exams she might have taken
那样我可以更清楚知道
and passed, that I might better know at what level
该教授什么水平的课程
to pitch our tutorials.
比如 有没有高等教育文凭
The Higher School Certificate, for example.
好的 那有没有学校证书
All right. The School Certificate, then.
没有
No.
或者有没有私授同等学历之类
Any privately-tutored equivalents thereof, perhaps?
明白了
I see.
女王陛下来了 夫人
Her Majesty the Queen, Ma'am.
真是意外
This is a surprise.
你怎么来了
To what do I owe the pleasure?
我过来是想问问你关于我教育方面的问题
I came because I wanted to ask you a question about my education.
什么问题
What about it?
-为什么我没得到过任何教育 -你得到过
- The fact that I didn't receive one. - You did.
与克劳非一起缝纫刺绣 吟诵诗歌♥
Sewing, needlework and saying poems with Crawfie.
那不是教育
That is not an education.
亲爱的 你还花了很多年
Darling, you also spent years
接受伊顿公学的副教务长的一对一授课
one-on-one with the Vice-Provost of Eton College.
研习宪法
Being drilled in the Constitution.
这些远多于你妹妹得到的教育
Which is far more than your sister ever got.
妈妈 我是说普通的教育 学习普通学科
Mummy! I'm talking about a normal education. In normal subjects.
对于你这样背景的女性来说
You received an entirely appropriate education
你得到的教育足够了
for a woman of your background.
这些不足以支撑我目前要做的事情
Which has entirely failed to prepare me for the life I lead now.
我们教会你如何成为淑女
We taught you how to be a lady,
成为公主 你还想要什么 学位吗
a princess. What do you want? A degree?
没有人希望君主是个女学者或大学讲师
No one wants a bluestocking or a college lecturer as sovereign.
他们要的是女王
They want a Queen.
对 一个才浅学疏
Yes, a queen who is hopelessly ill-equipped
只能疲于应付会见者的女王
to deal with the people that she has to meet.
这些跟我有什么关系
What has this to do with me?
你怎么能让这样难堪的事发生
How could you have let me down like this?
这是在指责我对你的养育吗
Is this a criticism of my motherhood?
我本希望你在做决定前
I would've thought you'd think twice
会思量再三
before throwing stones on that score.
这是什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
看来这一点上 你完全没有长进
I hardly see you blazing a trail in that department.
这不公平
That's not fair.
而且 我想我们都过了
Besides, I thought we were past the age now
随意将矛头指向父母的年龄
where we take cheap shots at our parents.
我教育你的方式和你父亲受教一样 而且很合适
I educated you as your father and I saw fit.
为什么我们没有要求更高些
Why didn't we push harder?
没人提出这样的建议 包括副教务长
No one advised that we should. That includes the Vice-Provost.
有些事情不能强求 亲爱的
Oh, don't force something that doesn't come naturally, dear.
那是我的经验
That's what I've learned.
我们都不得不接受生活中的不足之处
We all have to accept our limitations in life.
就是那里 属于女王私人秘书的
That's it, there. The grace and favor flat,
优雅美好的居所
belonging to the Queen's Private Secretary.
-我们的新家 -一层有多大
- Our new home. - How much of the ground floor is it?
所有的 包括延伸至后面的房♥间
All of it. Including the rooms stretching to the back.
姑娘们在这里会很开心的
The girls will be happy here.
现在 我们得走了
Now, we must go.
-我不想让别人看到 -为什么
- I don't want anyone to see us. - Why?
这样太轻举妄动了
Well, it's just indiscreet.
-我还没正式得到这份工作 -那棵树怎么样
- And I haven't got the job yet. - What about that tree?
把光都遮挡住了
It's blocking all the light.
我猜想没有人要求把树修剪一下
Well, I daresay one could ask to have it trimmed back.
你会要求吗
Will you ask?
我不会仓促行事 但...会谨慎要求
I don't see the rush, but... yes, I can ask. Discreetly.
上帝啊
Good God.
鲍勃迪 只不过是个小中风
A stroke, Bobbety, that's all, a minor stroke.
我正在好转 迅速康复
But I'm on the mend, bouncing back.
我倒是觉得你精神不大好
Well, you don't look very bouncy to me.
-有谁知道 -没有人
- Who knows? - No one.
不能让人知道 特别是女王
And no one can know. Especially the Queen.
-什么 -我向她保证过
- What? - I have promised her
我们国家会一直由健康的人来掌管
that the country will always have a healthy man in charge.
你了解我 鲍勃迪 我是个遵守诺言的人
You know me, Bobbety, I am a man of my word.
可您不能就这么瞒着她
But you can't just hide it from her.
我是说 您是政♥府♥首脑
I mean, you're head of the government
是以她的名义管理国家
which runs the country in her name.
再说 没人与她进行私人会谈
Besides, don't you think she'll smell a rat
难道她不会有所察觉吗
when no one turns up at her private audience?
宫中只知道我感冒了
The Palace has been told that I have a cold.
感冒
A cold?
乔克 我允许你把感冒加重为流感
Jock, you have my permission to extend that to the flu.
-是的先生 -但别再加重了
- Sir. - But no more.
那在华盛顿跟艾森豪威尔的会议怎么办
And what about the meeting with Eisenhower in Washington?
因为我没法飞了
Alas, as I have been refused permission to fly,
我也没办法了
I am left with no option.
-推迟吗 -你疯了吗
- To postpone it? - Are you mad?
俄♥国♥的局势
The Russian situation could not
正是最危急的时候
be more delicately poised,
正需要我的影响力
nor more needing of my influence. No.
我们得让艾森豪威尔来这里
We have to get Eisenhower here.
汤米 没别的办法了
You see, Tommy, there's no other way.
7月12日怎么样
Well, how about the 12th of July?
-可能不行 -好吧 13日呢
- I doubt it. - All right, the 13th?
-可能也不行 -那就14日
- I doubt that as well. - The 14th then.
我能把话给她传到 鲍勃迪 但别抱希望
I can put it to her, Bobbety, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
好吧 那我就靠你的三寸不烂之舌了
Well, I'll leave it to your powers of persuasion.
再见
Goodbye.
抱歉打扰您了 陛下
Sorry to disturb you, Ma'am,
我刚才跟索尔兹伯里勋爵通电♥话♥
but I just had Lord Salisbury on the phone
他有个不情之请
with an unusual request.
艾森豪威尔总统要在下周
President Eisenhower is due to meet the Prime Minister
在华盛顿跟首相会面
in Washington for a summit next week,
但丘吉尔先生感冒了
but Mr. Churchill's developed a cold,
重感冒 而且他的医生莫兰勋爵
a nasty cold and Lord Moran, his doctor,
不允许他搭乘飞机
has forbidden him to fly.
这个会议应该非常重要
Now, the feeling is the meeting is of the utmost importance
所以唐宁街想知道我们是否能给予帮助
so Downing Street was wondering whether we might be able to help.
-怎么帮 -邀请总统来这里
- Help how? - By inviting the President here.
-哪 -这里 夫人 白金汉宫
- Where? - Here, Ma'am, to Buckingham Palace,
下周举办国宴
to a state banquet next week.
感觉到了那个时候
The feeling is that, by that time,
温斯顿的身体应该已经充分恢复了
Winston should have made a sufficient recovery.
我原打算去桑德琳汉姆庄园的
Well, I was planning on going to Sandringham.
恐怕那就要推迟几天了
I'm afraid it would mean postponing that by a few days.
可以通过我们在华盛顿的大使发出邀请
We can extend an invitation through our ambassador in Washington.
-就是说您同意了吗 夫人 -是的
- Is that a green light, Ma'am? - Yes.
如果您没别的吩咐 我就去工作了
Then, if you'll excuse me, I better get cracking.
亲爱的温斯顿
我很遗憾得知
你有空吗 汤米 我有急事要跟你说
Do you have a moment, Tommy? I need to speak to you urgently.
恐怕没空 我要去安排一场国宴
I don't, I'm afraid, I have a state banquet to arrange,
所以如果可以等会儿的话
so if it can possibly wait until later...
我觉得如果你听了就会跟我一样惊慌的
I think when you hear it, you'll share my sense of alarm.
似乎马丁·查特里斯
It seems that Martin Charteris
要代替你当陛下的私人秘书 而不是我
is to replace you as Her Majesty's Private Secretary, not me.
什么 谁说的
What? Says who?
玛格丽特·科韦尔 乔克·科韦尔的妻子说的
Says Margaret Colville, Jock Colville's wife,
她跟爱丽丝·詹姆士侍女打桥牌
who plays bridge with Alice Jameson, lady-in-waiting,
你应该知道她和玛莉·查特里斯打网球
who as you may know, plays tennis with Mary Charteris.
那我怎么会知道
Why on earth would I know that?
总之 她们对这次人事任命非常确定
Anyway, so confident are they of the appointment,
-玛莉甚至 -不用说了
- that Mary has even gone so... - Don't tell me.
她还跟宫殿园丁长说
So far to speak to the Palace Head Gardener
把我窗户外面的树修剪一下
about trimming the tree outside my window.
是
Yes.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表