剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
-老天爷 -你说要有料
- Bloody hell. - You did say peppery.
-我说的是有料 你这是炸♥药♥ -我知道
- Pepper is one thing. This is gelignite. -I know.
-你要干什么 -我不能不请示就发表
- What are you doing? - I can't run this without going upstairs.
-什么 -别那样看我
- What? - Don't look at me like that.
你现实一会儿 行吗
Live in the real bloody world for a moment, will you?
玛杰里 你好 是的 他在吗
Margery, hello, yes. Is he there?
对 几分钟就好
Yeah, just for a few minutes.
这不仅仅是煽动性言论了 完全打破了规矩
This is not just inflammatory, it breaks all the rules.
什么规矩 先生
What rules, sir?
媒体需要对王室展示出
The unspoken rules of deference and respect
不言而喻的尊重和敬意
shown by the media to the Royal family.
但他们把电视台那帮人
But surely those rules changed
请到加冕礼上的时候 这规矩就变了
the moment they invited television into the coronation.
那是他们的权利 一种巨大的让步
That was their right, and a huge concession.
-什么让步 -大众利益
- To what? - Popular interest.
也是他们的利益
Their interest also.
你看他们现在的身份 高得不能更高了
Look at their standing now, it's never been higher.
我们新闻界
The question we in
需要扪心自问的是
the fourth estate need to be asking ourselves is,
我们是被利用
do we let ourselves be used,
还是拥有自己独♥立♥的声音
or do we have our own independent voice?
少跟我来这套说教
Don't get moralistic with me.
如果我们不爆出这事 你觉得其他人就不会爆吗
If we don't break this story, do you think nobody else will?
我知道很多人都在蠢蠢欲动 先生
I know there's plenty of others sniffing around it, sir.
谢谢你告诉我这个
Oh, thank you for letting me know.
客气 汤米 谢谢你的理解
Of course, Tommy, thank you for understanding.
-我很抱歉 -不 抱歉的是我
- I'm sorry. - No, I'm sorry.
我想被一名员工
I imagine it must be difficult
那样操纵一定很为难
being dictated to like that by an employee.
-我没有被♥操♥纵 -我遗漏了什么地方吗
- I wasn't dictated to. - Am I missing something?
你说这个编辑告诉你
You said this editor was telling you
他要在你的报纸上发表什么文章
what he was going to print in your newspaper.
他是说了 但我不能决定他要写什么
He is. But I can't keep telling him what to write.
我还以为自己办报纸就是为了能自己决定写什么呢
I thought that was the point of owning a newspaper.
听着 我只是想帮你 汤米
Look, I'm just trying to help you, Tommy.
希望你把这看成我善意的提醒
I suggest you see this for the kind gesture that it is.
什么善意 我把话挑明了
What? That you are about to print an article
你要发表一篇让重要王室家庭成员
that will cause deep distress to senior, let's be quite clear,
让最重要的成员深深苦恼的文章吗
the most senior members of the Royal family?
善意是我提醒了你 我让你当心一点
That I'm warning you. That I'm giving you the heads up.
我五体投地感激万分
I'm on my knees with gratitude.
停下
Stop.
能把门关上吗
Can you shut that?
殿下
Your Majesty.
报纸马上会报道一则消息
A story is about to break in the press
指明彼得·汤森德不仅仅是
identifying Peter Townsend not just as
玛格丽特公主的同伴
the companion of Princess Margaret...
而且很可能是她未来的丈夫
but as her likely future husband.
我们获悉报纸是要写一篇
We understand that the paper is to feature a profile
汤森德空军上校的个人简介
of Group Captain Townsend,
他婚姻的细节以及随后的离婚事件
details of his marriage and subsequent divorce,
还有一篇关于其他离异者
along with an editorial about other notable divorcees
与王室人员交好的的著名事例的社论
to have been associated with members of the Royal family.
我们能统统否决吗
Should we deny it all?
恕我直言 夫人 来不及了
With respect, ma'am, it's a little late for that.
箭已经在弦上
This horse has already bolted.
殿下
Your Royal Highness?
女王陛下找您 殿下
Her Majesty the Queen for you, Your Royal Highness.
等您接电♥话♥
On the telephone.
-好啊 -你好 有空没空
- Hello. - Hello, you. Bad time, good time?
有空 永远都有
Good time. Always.
听着 我一直在苦思冥想怎么能尽量帮你
Look, I've been wracking my brain about how I can best help you.
你知道只要离异者的
Now, you know that the Church of England doesn't permit
前任婚姻伴侣仍然在世
the remarriage of divorced persons
英国教会便不允许此人再婚
if the husband or wife of the former marriage is still alive.
对
Yes.
我只是在想
Well, I was just wondering,
你和彼得有没有考虑过去苏格兰
if you and Peter had considered Scotland?
-住在那里吗 -不 去那里结婚
- To live? - No, for the wedding.
为什么 因为那样不引人注意吗
Why? Because it would be more low profile?
事实上我考虑的是法律上的原因
Well, actually, I was thinking of legal reasons.
苏格兰教会不认为婚姻是一种圣礼
Marriage isn't regarded as a sacrament in the Church of Scotland.
因此不会像在这里一样受到约束
It is not as binding in the same way as here.
就是说我们可以在教堂结婚了
Meaning, meaning we could even get married in a church?
我得再确认一下 但我是这么认为的
Well, I'd have to check, but I think so.
那真是太棒了
That would be so lovely.
莉莉白 太谢谢你了
Lilibet, thank you so much.
这样对我来说也是如释重负
It would make my life a lot easier too.
-莉莉白 真抱歉 -为什么
- Sorry, Lilibet. - What for?
妈妈可能会因为这事过来见你
I think you're going to get a visit from Mummy about all this.
我觉得我给大家都添了麻烦
I realize I'm not making anyone's life easy.
特别是你
Yours especially.
但我决定了这么做 要让你达成愿望
But I'm determined to do this for you. To give you what you want.
谢谢
Thank you.
-我想赶紧告诉彼得 -我得挂了
- I can't wait to tell Peter. - I'd better go.
-汤米 -陛下
- Tommy. - Your Majesty.
妈妈 见到你真意外
Mummy. This is a surprise.
作为母亲 我对两个女儿的爱不分厚薄
I am a mother of two daughters whom I love equally.
现在看来她们各自都有各自的问题
It seems that they each have problems of equal size.
我们当然希望玛格丽特幸福
Obviously, we want Margaret to be happy,
能和她爱的男人厮守
to have the man she wants.
是的
Yes.
但我们必须尽所有可能来保护你
But we must do everything in our power
让你做好女王 又做好姐姐
to protect you as Queen, and as a sister.
我有什么需要保护的
Protect me from what?
我已经对玛格丽特许诺会支持她
I've given Margaret my word and I'm determined to support her.
他们可以去苏格兰结婚 那里教会不归我管
They can marry in Scotland, where I'm not head of the church.
陛下 恐怕事情没这么简单
Your Majesty, I fear the matter is more intricate.
让我们把话说清楚
Let's be quite clear.
如果玛格丽特和彼得结婚 这会是一桩丑闻
If Margaret were to marry Peter, it would be a scandal.
你现下的知名度并不能提供长♥期♥的保障
Don't mistake your current popularity for long-term security.
你伯伯的情事和退位曾几乎摧毁王权
Your uncle's affair and abdication almost destroyed the monarchy.
这事也有可能
This could too.
汤米
Tommy?
太太 您了解1772年的王室婚姻法吗
Ma'am, what do you know about the Royal Marriages Act of 1772?
-乔治二世 -三世 陛下
- George II? - Third, ma'am.
他有两个弟弟 威廉和亨利
He had two younger brothers, William and Henry.
我猜他们的婚姻都不怎么受人欢迎
Both of whom, I'm assuming, made undesirable marriages.
一个娶了身份卑微的泼妇
One to an illegitimate shrew,
另一个娶了声名狼藉的妓♥女♥
the other to a disreputable jade,
引起了国会和教会的震怒
which caused an outrage in parliament and the Church.
针对此事 乔治三世要求他的首相诺斯勋爵
Now in response, George III asked his Prime Minister, Lord North,
快速通过了王室婚姻法
to rush through a Royal Marriages Act
以防将来有任性的年轻王子
to prevent any future wilful young prince
或公主陷入考虑欠妥或遭人诟病的婚姻中
or princess from making an ill-advised or disadvantageous match
威胁到王室的信誉
which might threaten the integrity of the Royal house.
婚姻法中规定 王室家族的任何成员
It decrees that until the age of 25,
在年满25岁以前
any member of the Royal family
必须得到君主的允许才能成婚
must secure the sovereign's permission to marry.
-但是 -但到25岁后便不受约束
- But? - But, not thereafter.
-明白了 -所以...
- I see. - So...
等到玛格丽特25岁生日之后
If Margaret were to wait until after her 25th birthday,
她就可以不用征得你的同意
she would be free to make any decision
自♥由♥地做任何决定
she likes without your consent.
重点在于
The important thing is,
这样保全了你同教会以及政♥府♥间的关系
it protects your relationship with both church and government.
我明白其中的利害关系
Well, I can see the advantages of that.
但是对她有什么好处呢
But, what's in it for her?
妈妈 她才23岁 这期间她该怎么办
Mummy, she's only 23. What does she do in the meantime?
这期间 她和彼得需要等待
In the meantime, she and Peter wait.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表