剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
让马丁来见我 好吗
Ask Martin to come and see me, would you?
也就是说如果他和他夫人
That is, if he and his lady wife
还没忙着量地毯和窗帘长短的话
are not too busy measuring carpets and curtains
那儿现在还是我的屋子
for what is still my home.
是的 同意了 快干活吧
Right, it's green light. Jump to it.
是 先生
Sir.
尊敬的总统先生
你要见我 汤米
You asked to see me, Tommy.
是的 请坐
I did. Do sit down.
马丁 你现在已经在宫里干了有三年了吧
Martin, you've worked for the Palace now, for what, three years?
我以为那够你了解宫里的规矩了
I'd have thought that long enough for you to know the ropes.
理解规则 办事之道
Understand the rules, the way things are done.
我觉得我知道了
I think I do.
显然还不知道
Manifestly not.
霍格教授来了 陛下
Professor Hogg, Your Majesty.
-陛下 -教授
- Your Majesty. - Professor.
我知道你想
I know you were going to
准备讲授一些更一般性的概念
prepare some tutorials of a more general nature,
但似乎我首先
but it seems I'm going
需要的是一些更具体的知识
to need some more specific knowledge first.
-关于什么学科呢 -艾森豪威尔总统
- On which subject? - President Eisenhower.
他几天之后就会来这里
He'll be coming here in a matter of days and I'll be expected...
我要坐在他旁边 跟他交谈
to sit next to him and make conversation with him.
所以我需要十分了解他 他的兴趣点是什么
So I need to know all about him and what interests him.
军工联合体 夫人
The military industrial complex, Ma'am.
什么
What?
以及这对民♥主♥政♥府♥的威胁
And its threat to democratic government.
这是他最关心的
It's what most concerns him.
-能说点轻松的吗 -高尔夫
- Something lighter, perhaps? - Golf?
-还有别的吗 -油画
- Anything else? - Oil painting.
-我听说他爱画风景 -他们不都爱这口吗
- I'm told he paints landscapes. - Oh, don't they all?
陛下能给我24小时
Would Your Majesty give me 24 hours
容我做些调查再来找您吗
to do some research and come back to you?
好 当然可以
Yes. Of course.
他受过洗礼了对吧 六个月前
He was baptized, wasn't he? Just six months ago.
是的 我觉得我看到过 是个长老教会员
Yes, I think I read about that. A Presbyterian.
-你觉得浸泡了吗 -浸泡
- Did they dunk him, do you think? - Dunk?
完全沉下水
A full immersion.
沉到河里
In some river.
如果我是个赌徒的话 我会说是的
If I were a gambling man, I'd say yes.
你是吗
Are you?
偶尔吧 德比和全国越野障碍赛马 夫人
Occasionally. The Derby, Ma'am, and the Grand National.
你今年收获如何
Oh, how did you get on this year?
全国障碍赛的话 非常不错
At the National, rather well.
我压了"晨曦"的赌赢和位置盘口
I had "Early Mist" on an each-way bet.
干得漂亮 领先了20个身位赢的
Well done, you. You won by 20 lengths.
我和你一样 很钦佩奥布莱恩先生
I share your admiration for Mr. O'Brien,
和他在巴利多尔训练场所做的一切
and everything he's doing at Ballydoyle Stables.
-谁 -训练师
- Who? - The trainer.
你支持它的理由不是这个吗
That's not why you backed him?
不 我只是喜欢那个名字而已
No. I just liked the name.
明白了
I see.
24小时后我再回来
Back in 24 hours.
谢谢
Thank you.
我非常遗憾得知在过去这些天里
"I'm so sorry to hear that in these past days
您身体不像往常一样硬朗
you've not been in your usual good health."
多会说话啊
Isn't that nice?
而且您为了国家夙夜在公
"And that your tireless exertions on behalf of this country
造成了这次临时的不便
have resulted in this temporary inconvenience."
"临时的不便"
"Temporary inconvenience."
她到底了解多少
How much does she know exactly?
因为从这个语气来看
Because, from the tone of this...
温斯顿
Winston.
-她以为这是感冒 -感冒
- She thinks it's a cold. - A cold?
对 感冒 如果她知道实情
Yes, a cold. If she knew the truth,
她会让我辞职的
she would bid me stand down.
-那好啊 -就要找个人来代替
- Good. - A replacement would have to be found.
替补的人并不合适 因为合适的人
The wrong replacement, because the right man...
-安东尼 -无法在位
- Anthony. - ...is himself incapacitated.
懂得太多会很危险
Too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
你是想告诉我 现在
Do you mean to tell me that, at the moment,
这个国家没有一个合适的领导人或者代理的吗
this country's without a fit leader or a deputy leader?
别那么大声
Not so loud.
-但是 -进来
- But... - Come.
好消息 先生
Good news, sir.
艾森豪威尔同意了
It's a yes from Eisenhower.
你说得对
You were right,
白金汉宫发出的邀请
an invitation from the Palace
美国人是不可能拒绝的
has proved impossible for the Americans to refuse.
他们改变了他的日程
They've changed his schedule
将要前来赴约
and they're going to make it work.
那可是大好消息啊
But that's wonderful news!
别下床 温斯顿
Don't get out bed, Winston!
-太好了 -别下床 亲爱的
- It is wonderful! - Don't get out bed, darling.
别下床
Don't get out of bed.
如果艾克来这里 我又能领导会议
If Ike comes here, I can be leader again.
-温斯顿 -那才是最重要的
- Winston. - That's what really matters.
让我和艾克共处一室
Getting me and Ike in the same room,
-这样他和我就能 -回到床上去
- so that he and I can... - Do go back to bed.
成功和俄♥国♥人建立一个真实长♥期♥的
...get on with building a real and lasting
-和平关系了 -听着 为什么不能
- peace with the Russians! - Look, why don't you admit the truth,
老实承认你一直在拼命
that you have been fighting for your life
告诉女王呢
and tell the Queen?
温斯顿
Winston?
艾森豪威尔
国家象征的男人
这次有多严重
How serious is it this time?
现在无从得知
It's impossible to know.
恐怕我们得推迟跟美国人的约定了
I fear we do now have to put off the Americans.
是 那是当然的
Yes, of course.
并且告诉女王
And tell the Queen.
不行 现在已经无法回头了
No. No, we're in too deep now for that.
如果艾森豪威尔不来的话
If Eisenhower isn't coming,
把责任都推到他头上 不能推给温斯顿
blame it on him, not on Winston.
女王一定不能知道我们瞒了她多少事
The Queen must never know how much we've kept from her.
准备视察
Prepare for inspection!
抱歉打扰了 夫人
Sorry to disturb you, Ma'am.
唐宁街让我先来告诉您
I've been asked by Downing Street to inform you first
艾森豪威尔总统
that President Eisenhower
因国内政♥治♥危机
is no longer able to leave the United States,
无法离开美国
owing to a political crisis at home.
那倒是松了口气
Well, that's a relief.
而且首相仍然没有摆脱感冒的困扰
And that the Prime Minister still hasn't shaken off his cold.
仍然无法出席今天的私人会面
And will not be attending today's private audience.
是吗 老天
Really? Goodness.
这是他连续第二次私人会面来不了了
That's the second consecutive private audience that he's missed.
这完全不是他的风格
It's most unlike him.
谁说不是呢
Yes, isn't it?
你没事吧 马丁
Are you all right, Martin?
陛下 我花时间
Your Majesty, I've had the opportunity
考虑了您让我当您
to think about your very kind offer
私人秘书的慷慨提议
to become your Private Secretary.
我恐怕得拒绝了
And I'm afraid I must decline.
为什么
Why?
现在的情况
In this instance,
我真的相信迈克尔能做得更好
I really do believe you'll be better served by Michael.
不 你不是的
No, you don't.
-夫人 -你不是这样想的
- Ma'am? - You don't think that.
你也不可能这样想
Nor could you ever think that.
很有可能这不是真心话
For the very good reason that it's not true.
你跟汤米·拉塞尔斯谈过了吗
Have you been spoken to by Tommy Lascelles?
-夫人 -谈过了
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表