剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
早上好
Morning.
-早上好 -先生 这是我妻子凯斯琳
- Morning. - Sir, this is my wife, Kathleen.
她有时协助我 希望你不介意
She assists me sometimes. I hope you don't mind.
看这里
Over here.
-你在用什么画 -铅笔
- What's that you're using? - Pencil.
哪种铅笔
But which kind?
4B或者6B 不确定
4B or 6B, not sure.
是6B
It's a 6B.
-用什么纸画 -绘图纸
- And on what paper? - Drawing paper.
我喜欢厚重的棉纸 冷压 毛边
I favor heavy-weight cotton, cold pressed, deckle edged.
用明胶定型
Sized with gelatin.
你丈夫一年完成多少作品
How many paintings does your husband complete in a year,
萨瑟兰夫人
Mrs. Sutherland?
三到四幅
Three or four.
猜猜我一年完成多少作品
Would you care to guess how many I average?
-十幅 十五幅 -六十幅
- Ten? 15? - 60!
当然了 我只是业余爱好者
Of course, I'm just a hobbyist, an enthusiast.
不像你丈夫是大艺术家
Not a major artist like your husband.
慢慢来吧
Taking his time.
看过来
Over here.
上次作画之后
I did a little reading about you,
我读了一些关于你的文章 萨瑟兰先生
Mr. Sutherland, after our last session.
-是吗 -对 很有意思
- Did you? - Yeah. Quite interesting.
我了解到 作肖像画对你来说是新的领域
From what I read, this is all very new to you, this portraiture.
应该没有人最初就想做肖像画家
I don't think anyone starts out wanting to be a portraitist.
是啊 在对职业的探索中
Yeah. But in your search for your métier,
你倒是尝试过不少啊
you've tried a bit of everything.
确实如此 我进入绘画领域挺晚的
That's true. I came to painting quite late.
既然你踏入这个领域 就不会离开了吧
And now that you've found it, you'll never leave it, yes?
我非常理解
I quite understand.
怎么样 萨瑟兰夫人
How is it, Mrs. Sutherland?
很真实
It has truth.
-我能看一眼吗 -不行
- Am I to be allowed a peek? - No.
为什么 我可以给你点建议
Well, why not? I could give you advice.
毕竟这张脸我比你熟悉
After all, I know this face better than you do.
如果你把脖子画粗了或者胳膊画长了
If you've made the neck too thick or the arms too long,
我可以告诉你
I can tell you.
我发现人们一般
I find in general people
对于自己是谁的理解知之甚少
have very little understanding of who they are.
人为了熬日子 得对自己
One has to turn a blind eye
自己很多地方睁只眼闭只眼
to so much of oneself in order to get through life.
但你觉得把那些隐晦的地方
And you see it as your responsibility
全部揭开是你的责任吗
to bring all that out into the open?
当然 好的坏的都要画
Certainly. The good as well as the bad.
只关注好的就行了 这样一切都没问题
Just concentrate on the good, and all will be well.
你不仅仅是在画我
You're not just painting me, you know.
你是在画大不列颠
You're painting the Prime Minister
联合王国和北爱尔兰 以及
of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
所有那个伟大的
and Northern Ireland,
政♥府♥所代表的一切的首相
and everything that great office represents.
民♥主♥ 自♥由♥
Democracy. Freedom.
政♥府♥和领导的最高理想
The highest ideals of government and leadership.
你给我记住
Just remember that.
-说 -波切斯特大人 陛下
- Yes? - Lord Porchester, Your Majesty.
-谢谢 -接进来
- Thank you. - Plug in.
-波切 -真不容易啊
- Porchey? - What a palaver.
-什么 -打通您的电♥话♥
- What is? - Getting through to you.
今天早上刚过九点
I picked up the phone to you
我就给您打电♥话♥ 现在已经过了十二点了
just after nine this morning. It's now gone midday.
别那么夸张 但我知道 这是挺让人生气的
Oh, don't exaggerate. But, yes, I know, it is infuriating.
快说吧
Fire away.
您让我给你算算光环的
You asked me to come up with some figures for you
费用问题
with regard to Aureole.
虽然我对数字诵读困难 恐怕是家族遗传吧
Although I'm numerically dyslexic, runs in the family I'm afraid,
还有大脑门
like the high forehead.
我合计了一下 看能不能帮您做出决定
I have done the sums, see if this helps you with your decision.
在它赛马的生涯里
In the course of his lifetime as a racehorse,
光环已经给您赚了四万英镑
Aureole has made you just over 40,000 pounds.
老天
Goodness.
但如果您要把它变成种马来养
But if you were to put him out to stud,
他可能会给你赚得更多
he could make you far more.
它是公认的冠军 血统纯正一流
He's a recognized champion, with a top-notch pedigree.
您可以在沃尔弗顿种马场给它标高价
You could stand him at Wolferton Stud for top dollar.
那就这么定了
Well, that's a decision then.
好的
Good.
还有 我会问一下能不能给你个直通线
And in the meantime, I'll ask if I can get you a direct line.
-给您打吗 -对 我 怎么了
- To you? - Yes, to me. Why?
你还想跟这儿的其他人说话吗
Was there anyone else you wanted to speak to here?
-没有 -那就好
- No. - Good.
什么 "高价" 我要确切数字
What is it, "Top dollar?" I need numbers.
-400 -一炮 一枪
- 400. - A pop? A shot?
抱歉 我努力想找个不那么形象的拟声表达方式
Sorry, I'm trying to find a less onomatopoeic expression for...
-我知道你想说什么 -性♥交♥
- I know what it is. - A shag.
交♥配♥
A cover.
-交♥配♥ -是的 那是正确的术语
- A cover? - Yes, that's the correct term for...
-马交♥配♥吗 -是的
- A horse hump? - Yes.
那一年后你可能会赚到什么
So, what might you earn then over the course of the year?
但说一年的话 光环可能会跟40匹母马交♥配♥
Well, in one year alone, Aureole might cover 40 mares.
-赚一万六千英镑 -真厉害
- Making about 16,000 pounds. - Good for him.
要说它当种马这后半辈子的话
In the course of his lifetime at the stud,
可能会当五六百匹马驹的爸爸
he might sire 500, 600 foals,
给我赚20多万英镑
making me over 200,000 pounds.
生出了整整一批后代
Creating an entire generation of offspring.
-是的 -是我们马厩里所有马驹的爸爸
- Yes. - Father to all the foals in our stables.
还能供得起能养它的马厩
And any other stable that could afford him.
是的
Yes.
明白了 所以早晚每匹马
Oh, I see, so in time, every horse out there
都可以跟"光环"沾上点血缘关系
could somehow be related to Aureole.
-我想是的 -像卡那封老头子一样
- Yes, I suppose so. - Like old man Carnarvon.
谁
Who?
你朋友波切的父亲
Your friend Porchey's father.
-波切 -不 我说的是他父亲
- Porchey? - No, like I said, his father.
-是 他们都叫波切 -那不是传闻吗
- Yes, they're both called Porchey. - Wasn't that the rumor?
-什么传闻 -他有很多风流韵事
- What rumor? - Well, that he'd had so many affairs,
一整代的英国贵族都跟他有染
an entire generation of British aristocrats was related to him.
一个私生子"波切"
An illegitimate "Porchey"
这国家里每一个大家族里都有
In every great house in the land.
哪都是大脑门
High foreheads everywhere.
-和数字诵读困难症 -什么
- And numerical dyslexia. - What?
-没什么 -你说什么
- Nothing. - What?
没什么
Nothing!
迈克尔
Michael!
宝贝
Dear boy!
-晚安 -晚安
- Good night. - Good night.
让我看你一眼
Let me have a look at you.
-真帅 -走吧
- Marvelous. - Shall we?
走 你看起来真漂亮
Come on. You look beautiful.
尊敬的温斯顿·S·丘吉尔
-他怎么样 -还不错 先生 这边
- How is he? - Not too bad, sir. This way.
-早 -早
- Morning. - Morning.
-这次不带夫人吗 -不了
- No wife this time? - No.
我让她不用来了
I asked her not to come.
既然这将是我们最后一次见面
Since this is to be our final session,
我希望能不被别人打扰
I wanted us to be all alone.
沉默一点比较好
In silence preferably.
好 好 我会乖乖的
Yes. Yes. I'll be a good boy.
我非常理解你需要专心致志
I quite understand the need for concentration.
作画就像打仗一样 残酷的交战
Painting a picture is like fighting a battle. A bloody battle.
在刀光剑影殊死搏斗的战斗中
In the gladiatorial fight to the death,
艺术家非赢即输
the artist either wins or loses.
-你要赢了吗 -我希望吧
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表