剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
是要说我考虑过那件事了
to say that I've given the matter thought.
认真考虑过了
A great deal of thought.
你的婚事在这过去的
The issue of your marriage has,
几周 几个月里
for the past weeks, months,
已经成为了很多方面的焦点
gone to the very heart of a great number of things.
国家 道德 离婚
The country, morality, divorce.
而且还有一些家事
But also something closer to home.
我是谁
Who I am.
我要做什么
What I am.
而你和彼得的婚事
And your marriage to Peter...
-等下 我 -别打断我 玛格丽特
- Wait, I... - No, please, Margaret.
我能这样说出来
It doesn't come naturally for me
并不容易 所以请让我说完
to speak like this, so please let me finish.
这跟违抗我们的家人有关
It's involved going against members of our family,
违抗国之重臣 违抗内阁
against senior courtiers, against Cabinet.
你知道我有多恨跟别人对抗
You know how I hate confrontation,
搞砸事情 或者是失职 但是
or mess, or dereliction of duty. But...
我曾准备好以姐姐的身份克服一切去支持你
I was prepared to go through it all and support you, as a sister.
因为我已经答应了你
Because I'd given you my word.
但是
But...
但是
But?
但是什么
But what?
但我意识到
But I realized...
作为女王
as Queen...
我没有选择的余地
that I have no choice.
我不能允许你嫁给彼得
I cannot allow you to marry Peter
同时仍是这个家庭的一份子
and remain part of this family.
那就是我的决定
That is my decision.
你对我们父亲所做的誓言也不管了吗
In defiance of the pledge you made to our father?
还有你给我的誓言
And the pledge you gave to me.
是的
Yes.
你会原谅我吗
Will you forgive me?
如果你拒绝把我爱的人许给我吗
If you deny me the man I love?
如果我把责任看得比家庭更重
If I put duty before family.
你会原谅不让你嫁给菲利普的人吗
Would you forgive anyone who denied you Philip?
-这没法比 -这完全可以比
- It doesn't compare. - It compares exactly.
嫁给菲利普 我
In marrying Philip, I
我没有违反经♥文♥或者冒犯教会
I wasn't violating the scriptures or offending the Church.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
-你会爱上别人的 -不 永远不会
- You will love others. - No. Never.
我只爱彼得一人
Peter is the only one.
我明白现在是这种感觉 但是玛格丽特
I understand that it feels like that now, but Margaret...
我知道我看起来很坚强 但我其实不是的
I know I appear strong, but I'm not.
彼得是唯一一个知道该怎么
Peter is the only one who knows how to...
让我冷静下来 让我安心 保护我的人
calm me, to reassure me, protect me.
别跟我说这你能理解
Don't tell me you understand that.
你根本不会理解那种滋味
You don't know for a minute what it is to be...
被大卸八块
unhinged.
被连枷敲打
Be flailing about.
彼得是唯一一个
Well, Peter is the only one...
能把我拼凑起来的人
who can hold me together.
没有他
Without him...
我就丢了魂
I'm lost.
我永远不会原谅她
I will never forgive her.
我也永远不会嫁给别人 永远
And I will never marry anyone else. Ever.
我只爱你一个人
You're the only one.
我想让大家知道 陛下
I would like it to be known that, Her Royal Highness,
玛格丽特公主和我
the Princess Margaret and I...
决定不结婚了
have decided not to marry.
铭记教会的教导
Mindful of the Church's teaching
基♥督♥徒的婚姻不可分离
that Christian marriage is indissoluble...
容忍♥我的离婚男人身份...
and accepting my position as a divorced man...
并且知晓 对于教会有着深深的
and knowing how deeply religious faith
信仰和承诺 这两者折磨着公主的内心
and commitment to the Church runs within the Princess...
我们下定决心做出最后的牺牲
we have resolved to make the ultimate sacrifice
立刻断绝我们的关系
and break off our relationship with immediate effect.
玛格丽特公主殿下和我
Her Royal Highness, the Princess Margaret and I
因王室一直以来的支持而坚强
are strengthened by the unfailing support of the Royal Family,
过去的这十年
whom it has been my honor
能为王室效劳是我的荣幸和殊荣
and my privilege to serve for these last ten years.
我现在将返回布鲁塞尔
I will now return to Brussels
继续从事空军武官的重要工作
to continue my important work as air attaché.
汤森德先生 你能发表一下意见吗
Mr. Townsend, would you like to make a comment?
从彼得·汤森德返回伦敦 到公主
The 19 days between Peter Townsend's return to London
作出决定的这19天里 疑虑越来越多
and the Princess' decision were a period of mounting suspense.
现在她把王室的责任放到了第一位
Now she has put her Royal duty first.
在克拉伦斯宫外 宣告发表的第二天
Outside Clarence House, the day after the announcement,
人们希望能见她一面 鼓励她
people hoped to see and encourage her.
全英国和英联邦人♥民♥的心
The hearts of all Britain and the Commonwealth
都和年轻的公主在一起
are with the young Princess,
公主没有选择自己的幸福 而是国家的福祉
who has chosen not self, but country.
空军上校飞回了布鲁塞尔
The Group Captain flies back to Brussels,
爱情和职责的故事到此为止
the end of a story of love and duty.
获胜的是职责
With duty prevailing.
很显然 首相给纳赛尔打电♥话♥
Apparently, the Prime Minister called Nasser
是试图想平息局面
in an attempt to defuse the situation,
但似乎这位埃及领导人又生气了
but it seems the Egyptian leader took offence again.
这次是什么原因
Why this time?
因为首相拒绝说阿♥拉♥伯语
Because the PM refused to speak a word of Arabic,
坚持要讲英语
insisting on speaking English.
那有什么关系
What's the matter with that?
似乎纳赛尔
Well, it seems Nasser
没有在现场安排一名翻译
hadn't arranged for a translator to be present,
这让他受到了嘲笑
which left him exposed
因为他并不太会讲英语
since he doesn't speak sufficiently good English.
他觉得被戏弄羞辱了
He felt tricked and humiliated
并把这整件事看成是一次严重的侮辱
and has taken the whole thing as a terrible affront.
我相信这两人之间有一些私人过节
There is some personal history between the two men, I believe.
天 我真希望这一切能平息下来
Oh, dear. Well, I do hope it all calms down.
-我走了 -你去哪
- I'm off. - Where are you going?
陛下我们准备好了
We are ready for Her Majesty.
遵从指示 去见奥委会主席
To meet the president of the Olympic Committee, as instructed.
他们现在建议我把开幕式跟皇家巡游结合起来
They now suggest I combine opening the games with a Royal Tour,
离开得再久一点 五个月
stay away even longer, five months.
漫漫长路
A long way to go.
父亲要很长时间都看不到他的孩子们了
A long time for a father to be away from his children.
但是没关系
But no,
如果能给我时间反省 想清自己重点要做什么
if it gives me time to reflect and work out my priorities
不仅是在婚姻中 而且总体上来说
and to settle, not just in the marriage,
我能安稳下来 那也是值得的
but you know, generally, it'll be worth it.
别这样子 大家只是想帮忙
Don't be like that. Everyone's just trying to help.
是啊 在去澳大利亚的船上搞出点毛病
Oh, yes, by putting a problem on a boat to Australia
希望问题能自己解决 或者最好沉了
and hoping it sorts itself out or better still, sinks.
你知道你有可能在旅途中玩得很开心
You know it is possible that you might enjoy it,
然后感谢我
and thank me.
别把背叛说成是好意
Don't dress betrayal up as a favor.
该走了 不能不干正事光聊天
Better go. Can't stand around chatting.
-陛下 -你会很晚才回来吗
- Your Majesty! - Will you be back late?
我马上就去你那 塞西
I'll be right with you, Cecil.
-下午好 -谢谢陛下
- Good afternoon. - Thank you, Your Majesty.
英国和西方世界鄙视阿♥拉♥伯人
Britain and the West despise Arabs.
艾登首相认为他能羞辱我们
Prime Minister Eden thinks he can insult us.
你现在可以走了 谢谢
You can leave now, thank you.
我们将拼尽最后一滴血
We will fight to the last drop of our blood.
站起来吧 陛下
Try standing up, Ma'am.
好了
That's it, there.
圣夫人万岁
All hail sage Lady,
感恩之岛保佑你
whom a grateful Isle hath blessed.
不要动 不要呼吸
Not moving, not breathing.
我们的女神 光芒万丈的荣光女王
Our very own goddess. Glorious Gloriana.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表