剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
- Ma'am. - You have.
他说了什么
And what did he have to say?
我应该当时就回绝您
That I should've refused the offer in the room.
很显然我既不尊重也不懂得
That I obviously have no respect or understanding
宫里的传统和礼仪
for Palace tradition and protocol,
人选必须得是迈克尔·阿迪恩
and that it must be Michael Adeane.
是吗
Did he now?
我先失陪一下 马丁
If you'll excuse me for a moment, Martin?
进来
Come.
-陛下 -听着 汤米
- Your Majesty. - Look, Tommy.
我把丑话跟你说了
There's no pretty way of saying this,
我要选马丁
I would prefer Martin.
那是您的权利 陛下
And that is your right, ma'am.
是的 而且我也是这么想的
Yes. And I rather thought so, too.
但这会是个错误
But it would be a mistake.
为什么
And why is that?
请坐
Please.
这里有一套做事的方法
There's a way of doing things here.
是一种历代传承的行事规则
An order developed over time, generations.
温莎家族内的个人喜好
And individuality in the House of Windsor,
任何违背自然做事方式的做法
any departure from that way of doing things,
是不被鼓励的
is not to be encouraged.
这会导致像退位那样的大灾难
It results in catastrophes like the abdication.
放弃君权和选择我的私人秘书
Abdicating the Throne and choosing my Private Secretary
-根本不能相提并论 -这我不能苟同
- is hardly comparing like with like. - I disagree.
您知道 我侍奉过您伯伯
I served your uncle, as you know.
溃烂始于小细节
And it's in the small things that the rot starts.
做错一次 就很容易错第二次
Do the wrong thing once, it's easier to do it again.
这次做了个人主义的事
Do the individualistic thing once,
很容易再做一次
it is easy to do it again.
在您伯伯的情况中
Now, in the case of your uncle,
苗头是他想把白金汉宫
it started with wanting to
仅仅当作办公室来用
use buckingham Palace simply as the office
而约克宫才是他的家
and York House as his home.
然后他不再去教堂
Then he stopped attending church,
决定要卖♥♥掉桑德琳汉姆庄园
decided he wanted to sell Sandringham.
他听信年轻的爱拍马屁的摇尾乞怜者
He dismissed courtiers who'd served under his father
解雇了侍奉他父亲的臣子
in favor of younger, sycophantic supplicants.
当然 那个时候没人看出退位的端倪
Of course, no one saw the abdication coming then,
但那种自我 任性
but the ego, the willfulness,
还有个人主义 变本加厉 越来越糟
the individualism, the rot had set in.
马丁和我彼此了解
Martin and I have an understanding.
我承认
I don't deny it.
让他做秘书 我会觉得我有个盟友
It would make me feel as if I had an ally,
甚至是朋友
friend almost,
我会觉得非常...
in what can sometimes feel like a very...
按顺序来的下一位
The next in line
我的两个副手中资历深的
and the senior of my two deputies
既定接♥班♥人就是迈克尔
and the natural heir is Michael.
-你的人 -正确人选
- Your man. - The right man.
但一如往常 最终决定权在您 陛下
But as always, the final say is with you, Ma'am.
谢谢
Thank you.
白金汉宫刚刚打电♥话♥来
Just had the Palace on the phone,
要在今天下午进行私人会面
requesting a private audience this afternoon.
女王想见您 先生
It seems the Queen wants to see you, sir.
我
Me?
是什么事 帕特里克
What's all this about, Patrick?
不知道
Don't know, sir.
给我点提示吧
Can't you give me a clue?
科韦尔先生到了 陛下
Mr. Colville, Your Majesty.
-您要见我 陛下 -是的 乔克
- You asked to see me, Your Majesty? - Yes, Jock.
在马丁·查特里斯之前
You were my Private Secretary
你给我当了两年私人秘书
for two years before Martin Charteris.
是的
I was.
给我留下的印象是
And it was my impression that
我们彼此了解
we always had a good understanding
我们能彼此坦诚地交谈
and we were able to speak openly with one another.
-当然了 -彼此信任
- Yes, of course. - And trust one another,
有十分要紧的事情出现时 能直截了当
speak plainly when matters of real importance came up.
陛下 在您说其他的事之前
And before Her Majesty says anything else,
我想说我很遗憾
let me just say how sorry I am.
我一直非常痛苦
It's been agony.
我想阻止他们 也说了我的想法
I tried to stop them, I told them my opinion,
但他们坚持要让我们瞒着您
but they were so insistent we keep it from you.
在第二次之后
After the second one,
我确实想要告诉您真♥相♥
I really was of a mind to let you know the truth.
-第二次什么 -中风 夫人
- Second what? - Stroke, Ma'am.
但他们一再坚持
But they insisted again,
所有人都沉默不语 只字不提
everyone keep it quiet, say nothing.
我知道了
I see.
坚持瞒着我的是谁
And who was it that was doing the insisting?
索尔兹伯里勋爵 夫人
Lord Salisbury, Ma'am.
还有首相本人
And the Prime Minister himself.
在他为数不多的清醒的时候
On the rare occasions he was conscious.
我知道了
I see.
您让我来 是为了谈这个吗
That is what you asked me here to discuss?
不
No.
我让你来是为了谈
I asked you here to discuss
我是否应该让迈克尔·阿迪恩
whether I should take Michael Adeane
而不是马丁·查特里斯
for my Private Secretary,
做我的私人秘书
rather than Martin Charteris.
但你刚才告诉我的事情要重要得多
But what you've just told me is far more important.
-不是吧 -是的
- No. - Yes.
这帮狡猾的老家伙
The slippery old so-and-so's.
比狡猾可严重得多
It's rather worse than slippery,
你觉得呢
wouldn't you say?
都有点违宪了
Somewhat unconstitutional.
你要怎么做
What are you going to do?
什么也不做 毕竟这是我的工作
Nothing, of course. That's my job.
-一直什么也不说什么也不做 -是吗
- Do nothing and stay silent at all times. - Is it?
恕我直言 陛下 我记得
From memory, and forgive me, ma'am,
我已经很长时间不读白芝浩了
it's a while since I read Bagehot,
但在这种情况下
but in circumstances such as these,
您不是也有责任采取行动吗
is it not also your duty to act?
我怀疑 我得查查看
I doubt it. I'd have to check.
我觉得您肯定知道
I think you know precisely.
是的
Yes, it is.
但我不能召集全国最聪明的人
But I can't just summon the brightest,
最难对付的人
most formidable men in the country
像骂小孩一样狠狠训斥他们一顿
and give them a dressing down, like children.
为什么 您是对的 他们是错的
Why? You are in the right, they in the wrong.
对 但他们比我聪明多了
Yes, but they're far more intelligent than I am.
和他们较量 他们会把我辩得哑口无言
Any confrontation, they'd out-debate me,
考虑得比我周全 用计策操控我
out-think me and out-maneuver me.
但这件事无关教育或者智慧
But this isn't about education or intelligence.
这是诚实问题 原则问题
This is about integrity and principle.
陛下 您说您没有
Ma'am, you say you don't have what it takes
跟这些人较量的本事
to do battle with these people.
您其实有
You do.
您研究我国宪制的细节
You were drilled for years
其实已经研究了好多年
in the finer points of our Constitution.
您比我清楚
You know it better than me,
比我们都清楚
better than all of us.
只有您接受过这种教育
You have the only education that matters.
你想让我♥干♥什么
So what would you have me do?
召集他们 像骂小孩一样狠狠训斥他们一顿
Summon them and give them a good dressing down like children.
他们为什么要忍♥受这种事
Why would they stand for that?
因为他们是英国的上层男人
Because they're English, male and upper class.
他们毕生所求
A good dressing down from Nanny
就是被保姆狠狠训斥一顿
is what they most want in life.
这可真是非常规 教授
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表