剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
所以我才能这样做
That's why I did it.
谢谢
Thank you.
殿下 感谢您能前来
Your Royal Highness, thank you for coming.
不客气 亲爱的温斯顿 我要怎么帮你
Not at all, dear Winston. How can I help?
我传达给了内阁
I took it to Cabinet and,
不出所料 答案是一致的
as expected, the answer was unanimous,
两件事都否定了
"No" to both matters.
她不会高兴的 不管是拒绝改姓
Well, she won't like it, neither the snub over the name
还是搬去白金汉宫
nor the move to Buckingham Palace.
那真的是非常可怕的地方
It really is a most dreadful place,
阴冷 不招人喜欢
cold, uninviting,
但对于这个年轻的
but it's the right thing,
家庭和孩子来说住在那里是正确的做法
for the young family and the children to live there.
这就是重点 那是君主的家
It's the focal point, it's the monarch's home.
你想让我跟她说吗
Do you want me to break it to her?
那就太好了
That would be very kind.
这是我唯一能做的了
It's the least I can do.
我从来没有忘记你曾经那么维护我
I've never forgotten the way in which you defended me,
在那段艰难时期为我而战
fought for me during that terrible time.
我还认为没有人应该因爱受罚
I still think no man should be punished for love.
我也相信我维护你
And I also believe I spoke
是在替国家中很多人发声
for many in the country when I defended you.
你真是太好了
You're very kind.
如果我在她的
If I were to help you
这件事上帮你
in this matter with her,
我能不能请你也帮我一个忙
perhaps I could ask a favour in return?
说吧
Name it.
跟年轻的女王提一提
Put in a word with the young Queen
重新恢复我的津贴
for my allowance to be reinstated.
她现在掌管财权
She holds the purse strings now.
王室要我推掉商业活动
The family expect me to turn down commercial opportunities,
还同时切断我的津贴
yet cuts off my allowance at the same time.
一万块
Ten thousand pounds,
没有这笔钱真的没法过日子
it's quite impossible to make ends meet without it.
前国王竟然会找我恳求这种事
That a former King should come to me begging...
包在我身上
Consider it done.
在加冕仪式之前
There is also a brief moment
还有一小段时间
before the Coronation
你或许可以鼓动内阁去支持
where you might also mobilize Cabinet support
另外一件事
for the one other thing
这件事蚕食着我的心
that has eluded me and
却遥不可及
gnaws away at my heart.
什么事
What?
给我娶的女人一个适当的名分
The appropriate title for the woman I married.
-不行 先生 -殿下就行
- No, sir. - Her Royal Highness.
她毕竟是前国王的妻子
She is, after all, the wife of a former King.
这个女人
She's also a woman who has
之前三任丈夫也尚在人世
three husbands that still live and breathe.
这是她的权利 温斯顿
It is her right, Winston.
我坚决要让她得到一个名分
I'm determined she shall have it.
我坚决要让她受到尊敬
I'm determined she is shown respect.
你会帮我争取吗
Will you fight for it?
再为我争取一次
One more time?
我已经为你争取过很多回了
I have defended you so many times.
每回都吃了苦头还徒劳无获
Each time to my cost and in vain.
对她的这份爱把一切都毁了
This love for her has destroyed everything.
这是爱 温斯顿
It is love, Winston.
爱
Love.
世界上最美好的事物
The greatest thing on Earth.
陛下 温莎公爵来了
His Royal Highness the Duke of Windsor, Your Majesty.
陛下
Your Majesty.
谢谢您能接见我
Thank you for seeing me.
谢谢你能前来
Thank you for coming.
大部分时间我们在巴黎
Well, most of the time we're in Paris.
在那儿给我们安置了一栋房♥子
We've been given a house there.
华里丝喜欢款待宾朋 她非常善于交际
Wallis likes to entertain. She's so good at it.
所以房♥子里总是人头攒动
So the place is always full.
我们还养了狗
And we have dogs.
是吗 什么品种的
Oh, really? What kind?
哈巴狗 大卫·克罗克特[美国政♥治♥家]
Pugs. Davy Crockett,
特鲁珀和迪斯雷利[英国政♥治♥家]
Trooper and Disraeli.
为什么是哈巴狗 喜欢它们哪点
Why pugs? What's the attraction?
它们...像小孩子
Well, they're... childlike.
需要很多的关爱
Need a lot of loving.
它们的叫声很奇怪
They have a strange bark.
-是的 -更像是狂吠
- Yes. - More of a yap.
它们还很懒 整天都在睡觉
And they're lazy. Spend all day sleeping.
-是的 -气体还很难闻
- Yes. - They're awfully gassy.
是的
Yes.
我猜得一直开窗通风吧
I suppose one can always open the windows.
-你难道不想念吗 -什么
- Don't you miss it? - What?
你出生的国家 这里的人♥民♥
The country of your birth. The people here.
你的亲人
Your own flesh and blood.
如果他们接受我爱的女人 我也会这么做的
Well, I would've done if they'd accepted the woman I love.
但他们没有 所以我也一样
But they didn't, so I don't.
所以前国王让自己远隔千里
So the former King keeps himself at a distance.
这是强加于我的千里
A distance that was imposed upon me.
他们想让我离开
They wanted me out.
还给我们都取了让人难受的昵称
And reduces us all to cruel nicknames.
秀兰·邓波尔
Shirley Temple.
是的
Yes.
是因为卷发吗
On account of the curls?
早熟
And precociousness.
像明星一样
And stardom.
你过奖了
You flatterer.
完全没有
Not at all.
通常来说 女王比国王优秀
Generally, we're better at queens than kings.
在这个国家 我感觉你也不例外
In this country I have a feeling you'll be no exception.
我当然想做好
I certainly intend to do it well.
我也想过
I did, too.
你的想法显然不够坚定
Obviously, not hard enough.
是的
No.
你从没道过歉
You never apologized.
向你♥爸♥爸
To your papa,
我当然道歉了
I most certainly did.
你母亲也是
Your mother too.
我可以给你看信件
I can show you the letters.
我不是说他们
I didn't mean to them.
我是说我
I meant to me.
你
You?
你觉得我不配得到道歉
You don't think I'm deserving of one.
你觉得我不会喜欢
You don't think I would
在聚光灯
have preferred to grow up
之外的世界长大
out of the spotlight?
远离朝政
Away from Court?
远离监视和知名度
Away from the scrutiny and the visibility.
一种更简单的生活
A simpler life.
更快乐的生活
Happier life.
做一个妻子 母亲
As a wife, a mother.
一个普普通通的英国农妇
An ordinary English countrywoman.
对不起
I'm sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
下次你见我丈夫的时候
You might extend the same
可以把同样的道歉跟他说一次
apology to my husband the next time you see him.
他过得也不好吗
Oh, is he struggling?
有点吧
A little.
过得好我反而还觉得奇怪呢
Well, it'd be odd if he weren't.
总之 如果我想达到目的
Anyway, if I am to succeed,
那我和他就需要所有能争取到的帮助
then he and I are going to need all the help we can get.
我相信你身边都是积极献策的贤士
Well, I'm sure you're surrounded by good people offering it.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表