剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
但却穿错了衣服
But the wrong suit.
我感到他的尴尬
Sensing his embarrassment
并且希望不让他更加羞愧
and wishing to spare him further blushes,
我尽力缓和局面
I tried to make the situation better.
如果我像你这样全身殊荣 先生
If I was as decorated as you, sir,
我就一直穿着我的军服 不愿脱下来了
I would wear my uniform all the time. Wouldn't take it off.
你以为我不知道吗
You think I don't know?
你在一战时表现英勇
That you received the Military Cross for bravery
被授予了十字勋章
in the First World War,
并且是英国♥军♥队里最年轻的旅长 才21岁
and were the youngest brigade-major in the British Army, at 21.
你比我的荣誉多多了
You are more decorated than me...
艾登上尉
Captain Eden.
那晚 开罗的埃及之声电台
That night, the Voice of Egypt radio station in Cairo
宣称纳赛尔被傲慢的英国人
claimed that Nasser had been deliberately humiliated
故意羞辱
by the Imperious British.
天 至少我们伸出了好意的援手
Oh, dear. It might be worth extending the hand of goodwill.
确实是 陛下
Indeed we are, Ma'am.
我们竭尽全力去资助他的大坝项目
We're bending over backwards to help him fund this dam project.
我这也有事要解决
Things here could do with a little settling, too.
我妹妹的订婚
My sister's engagement.
这曾是他们最喜欢来的地方
This was their favorite place.
他们会在这里一起骑马
They would ride out here together.
每次相遇的时候就放一块石头
And put a single stone down for each time they met.
我觉得这里会是我们
I thought this would be the perfect spot
商讨问题的绝佳地点
for us to discuss the matter.
你知道 我向
You see, I gave my sister
我妹妹保证 如果她能等到25岁
my assurance that if she waited until the age of 25,
她想怎么做都行
she could do as she likes.
现在我发现事情不是那样的
Now I discover that's not true,
她还需要再等一年
and that she still needs to wait a year
才能得到议会的允许
to get permission from Parliament.
我当初听到的建议并不是这样的
Which is not the advice that I originally received.
是的
Yes.
我恐怕得说
And I'm afraid to say that,
就算她要求得到允许
even if she were to ask that permission,
我也无法保证她能得到
I cannot guarantee that she would get it.
为什么
Why?
因为很多人反对那个想法
Because a good many remain opposed to the idea
出于宗教的考量
on religious grounds.
那给我点建议
Then advise me.
汤森德空军上校很快就要
Group Captain Townsend will be leaving Brussels
离开布鲁塞尔回国了
and returning home shortly,
做到了我们当初让他做的事
having done exactly what we asked him to do.
我怎么才能在
How can I keep my word
仅仅知道部分事实的情况下信守承诺
after I gave it knowing only half the facts?
让我试探一下内阁的口吻
Let me take the temperature of the Cabinet.
不要忘了时代在改变
We must not forget that times are changing.
道德标准在改变
Morality is changing.
国家在改变
The country is changing.
所以当初这是你的主意 对吗
So, it was your idea, was it?
把我支到罪犯流放地去
Dispatching me to the penal colonies?
如果你是说委任你单独去墨尔本给奥林匹克运动会
If you mean entrusting you to go to Melbourne
开幕的话 其实那是汤米·拉塞尔斯的主意
to open the Olympic Games alone, actually it was Tommy Lascelles.
你的傀儡 我早就猜到了
Oh, your puppet. I might have guessed.
-你应该感到高兴 -信任我让我去剪绸带吗
- And you ought to be flattered. - To be trusted to cut a ribbon?
给了你那么大的自♥由♥
To be given that level of freedom.
什么自♥由♥ 我没有自♥由♥
What freedom? I have no freedom.
你比历史上任何一个配偶所得到的自♥由♥都要多
You have more freedom than any consort in history.
而你却像孩子一样愁眉不展和逃避责任来报恩
And you repay it by scowling and skulking like an adolescent.
所以去吧
So go.
在聚光灯下生活一段时间
Have some time in the spotlight,
做最大的焦点 享受备受瞩目的感觉
be the main attraction, and enjoy the attention.
希望能给你点帮助
Hopefully it will do you some good.
也许你最后能少点愤恨
You might finally be less resentful
更多地支持我女儿为国尽责
and more supportive of my daughter in her duty.
婚礼是什么时候 先生
When's the wedding day, sir?
你会发布通告吗
Are you going to make an announcement?
有什么想说的吗 汤森德先生
Anything you'd like to share, Mr. Townsend?
汤森德先生 汤森德上校
Mr. Townsend! Captain Townsend!
婚期是什么时候
When's the wedding day?
-首相 -迈克尔
- Prime Minister. - Michael.
先生
Sir.
今早我和总检察长讨论过这个问题
I discussed the matter this morning with the Attorney General
他说在皇室婚姻法的管制方面
and he advised that there was no easy way
没有回旋余地
around the governing rules of the Royal Marriages Act.
还有
Furthermore...
内阁的几名高级官员仍然强烈反对
several senior members of Cabinet remain violently opposed.
事实上 索尔兹伯里勋爵表态说
Indeed, Lord Salisbury has made it clear
他宁愿辞职不干
that he would resign from Government,
也不会臣服于
rather than submit to what he considers
违背教堂教义
a subversion of the Church's teachings...
颠覆婚姻圣礼
the Holy Sacrament of Marriage
腐化道德标准的人事
and the decay of moral standards.
-我知道这对您毫无帮助 -是的
- But I realize this doesn't help you. - No.
那是不是
So if it is...
陛下无论如何
Your Majesty's intention to support your sister,
都想支持你妹妹
come what may?
是
It is.
那我最多只能
Then the best I can offer is to...
向国会递交弃位声明
place a Bill of Renunciation before Parliament.
剥夺她一切权利 特权和收入
It would deprive her of all her rights, privileges and income.
她只能在国外办一场平民的婚礼
She would have to be married in a civil ceremony abroad.
并义务在国外生活几年
And be obliged to live out of the country for several years.
但这样您就不必违背自己的诺言了
But you will have kept your word.
她也能得偿所愿
And she will have prevailed
成为彼得·汤森德太太
and will be Mrs. Peter Townsend.
当然了 这就是你的策略
Of course. That's the strategy.
什么策略
What strategy?
把我逼到没得选
To force me into that choice
指望我不会接受
and bank on the fact that I would never do it.
上流人士玛格丽特 享乐惯了
"Oh, smart set Margaret. Good time Margaret."
离了这些她没法活 我能
"She could never survive without the trimmings?" I could.
没有仆从 豪车 舞会和万众瞩目
I could live perfectly happily without the staff,
我照样能活得好好的
without the car, without the parties, without the attention.
没钱也一样 小意思
Without the money. Effortlessly.
我的头衔和特权不是我的全部
I am more than my title, than these privileges.
反正彼得也不稀罕
Peter wouldn't want it anyway.
所以如果条件如此
So if that's what's on offer,
我就放弃头衔 我们离开英国
I'll give up my title and we'll leave the country.
我不想看你这样 请你考虑一下
It's not what I want for you. So please think about it.
认认真真地考虑
I mean really, really think about it.
好
Fine.
我考虑的同时
And while I'm thinking about it,
或许你能考虑这点
perhaps you could think about this.
我有一个支持我的国家
I have a country that is for me.
各大报纸都同情我
Newspapers that sympathize with me.
我代表与日俱增的多数人的需求
I represent what a growing majority want.
代表未来 不是过去
The future, not the past.
一种对婚姻和离婚更为宽容友善的态度
A kinder, more tolerant attitude to marriage and divorce.
我所代表的也并不相悖
That's not me.
好吧
Fine.
那就是刻有你名字的政♥府♥在唱反调
Then a government in your name.
减速
Slow down here.
他们想用一百英镑贿赂我的管家
They tried to bribe my butler. A hundred pounds!
你能想象吗
Can you imagine?
为了照一张你们俩的合照
For a photograph of the two of you.
这有点过头 对吧
It's all rather too much, isn't it?
这里被包围了
The house is under siege.
你就是罪魁 老小子
And you're the cause of it all, old boy.
不错嘛 找了个世上最般配的女人
Not bad, sweeping up the most eligible woman in the world.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表