剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
我今天过来之前
Before coming today,
跟内阁秘书确认过
I checked with the cabinet secretary,
原来 在我担任首相的七年间
and it turns out that in the seven years I have been prime minister,
我们会面过16♥4♥次
we have had 16♥4♥ audiences,
每次都气氛友好 有建设性且互相尊重
always the model of cordiality, productivity, and mutual respect.
偶尔出现一次小问题 或许也不令人意外
So it is perhaps not unreasonable to expect an isolated hiccup.
什么问题
What hiccup?
我一直以为
I was under the impression
女王陛下绝对不会公开表达自己的政♥治♥观点
that Her Majesty never expressed her political views in public.
是不会
I don't.
我以为君主和首相之间的谈话内容
That there was an unbreakable code of silence
绝对不会外传
between sovereign and first minister.
如果你是指"星期日时报"
If you're referring to the Sunday Times,
我一直都建议我的首相不要看报纸
I've always advised my prime ministers against reading the newspapers.
我是不会看
I don't, ma'am.
他们只会断章取义 哗众取宠
They misunderstand, misquote, and misrepresent.
人人都大惊小怪
Then everybody gets into a fluster.
但我的新闻秘书会看
But my press secretary does,
他跟所有编辑都有工作往来
and he has working relationships with all of the editors,
这则报道的编辑向他保证 消息来源绝对可靠
and the editor in this case assured him that the sources were unimpeachable.
是女王身边的人
Close to the Queen.
前所未有的接近
Unprecedentedly close.
我相信一定很快会有人出面澄清
Well, I'm sure a clarification will soon be forthcoming.
我们还是先讨论本周的事务吧
In the meantime, should we make a start on the business of the week?
我们的时间有限
Only I am mindful of the time.
这就是本周的事务
This is the business, ma'am.
唯一的事务
The only business.
我认为我们彼此之间有足够的尊重
I think we have enough respect for one another personally
问一些重要的问题
to ask ourselves some of the bigger questions,
女人对女人
woman to woman.
毕竟我们是同年
We are the same age, after all.
是吗
Really?
只相差六个月
Just six months between us.
谁比较年长
And who is the senior?
是我 陛下
I am, ma'am.
"冷漠
"Uncaring,
咄咄逼人 导致社会分♥裂♥"
confrontational, and socially divisive."
女王身边的消息来源是这样描述我的
That's how these sources so close to the Queen describe me.
首相... -说我缺乏同情心
Prime Minister... - That I lack compassion.
说我的政♥府♥对我国的社会结构
And that my government has done irretrievable damage
造成无法挽回的伤害
to the country's social fabric.
我就任期间的责任
My responsibility, for the time I have in office,
就是放下个人的感情
is to put sentimentality to one side
用冰冷的数据
and look after this country's interests
去照顾国家的福祉
with the perspective of a cold balance sheet.
虽然我非常欣赏你的正义感
And while I greatly admire your sense of fairness
还有对不幸者的同情心...
and compassion for those less fortunate than us...
是吗 真的吗
Do you? Really?
请别忘记
Let us not forget
我们两个之中
that of the two of us,
来自民间无名小镇的是我
I am the one from a small street in an irrelevant town
我父亲没有留给我世袭头衔
with a father who could not bequeath me a title
或英联邦 而只有意志力 判断力和决心
or a Commonwealth, but only grit, good sense, and determination.
我不要别人的同情 施舍或怜悯
And I don't want people's pity or charity or compassion.
那只会让我感到莫大的侮辱
Nothing would insult me more.
我的目标...
My goal...
是要让这个国家从依赖转为自立
is to change this country from being dependent to self-reliant,
我认为我成功做到了
and I think in that, I am succeeding.
身为君主让我学会了不少教训...
I have had to learn many difficult lessons as sovereign...
英国人♥民♥正在学习优先照顾自己 追求进步
Britons are learning to look after number one, to get ahead,
只有到那时
and only then,
要是他们愿意 才去照顾身边的人
if they choose, to look after their neighbor.
其中... -要是撒玛利亚人只有满怀好意
Of those... - No one would remember the Good Samaritan
没有人会记得他
if he only had good intentions.
要知道
You see,
他也很有钱
he had money as well.
也许最困难的一课
Perhaps the hardest
就是我必须支持我的首相
is that I am obliged to support my prime ministers
无论他们采取什么立场
on any position they take,
即使是你拒绝制裁南非
even yours, regarding sanctions against South Africa.
我的问题是
My question is,
既然此事对你的日常政务无关痛痒
given the lack of impact it has on your day-to-day political fortunes,
但对我如此重要...
yet how important it is to me...
你就不能支持我这么一次吗
could you not have supported me just once?
其他英联邦的领袖
My fellow Commonwealth leaders,
我视其中许多位为朋友
many of whom I consider to be friends,
如今在对他们最重要的议题上 觉得我背叛了他们
now feel that I have betrayed them on an issue most important to them.
他们只需要看看"星期日时报"
Well, they need only read the Sunday Times.
就能清楚看到你的立场
It will give them no doubt as to your position.
看 时间到了
Look, our time is up.
光阴似箭
How it flies.
你们一定非常期待明天
You must be very much looking forward
安德鲁王子和莎拉·弗格森的婚礼
to the wedding tomorrow of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.
确实如此
Yes, we are.
他们看上去很登对
They seem like a good match.
我们也有同感
Yes, we think so.
我儿子马克 最近也宣布即将结婚
My own son, Mark, recently announced that he would be getting married.
你的宠儿 探险家
Your favorite? The explorer?
不是探险家
Not an explorer, ma'am.
那次只是偶然
That was just the once.
他现在是个商人
He's a businessman now.
主要是在中东
In the Middle East, mostly.
还有南非
And South Africa.
是这样
Of course.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
给我听清楚 没有什么新闻
Listen to me carefully. There is no story here.
那些谣言根本没有根据
There's not a shred of truth to these rumors.
女王和首相一直都
The Queen continues to have an extremely cordial
关系良好 合作愉快
and productive working relationship with the prime minister.
"星期日时报"坚称
The Sunday Times maintains
他们的消息来自王宫要员
that the story came from a highly placed source within the palace.
我们就会这样报道
That's the line we're running with.
我们会否认 让你们颜面扫地
And we will deny it, and you will look like fools.
你就别装愤慨了
Spare me the indignation.
我明白你不得不否认 但我们都知道那是事实
I understand you have to say it, but we both know that it's true,
你继续否认 丢脸的是你们
and your continual denial is making you lot look like fools.
可以留下详细信息吗
Hello? Can I take your details?
怎么了 别说新郎临阵退缩了
What's all this? Don't tell me the groom's having last-minute doubts.
不是 安德鲁把我们叫来 是因为他要人解释...
No. Andrew's asked us all to come together because he wants someone to explain why...
我们的母亲到底是怎么了
What in God's name is going on with our mother?
约克公爵结婚本应是国内外的大事
The wedding of the Duke of York should be a landmark event, at home and abroad.
结果
Instead,
因为女王无故判断力失常
thanks to the Queen's inexplicable lapse of judgment,
报纸报道的不是莎拉和我
the newspapers are full not of Sarah and me,
只在乎妈妈和首相的争端
but of Mummy's rift with the prime minister!
对 "星期日时报"
Yes. The Sunday Times.
不得不承认 她确实是闯大祸了 -她是怎么想的
You have to admit, she has made a godawful mess of it. - What was she thinking?
她一直叫我不能做的事情 现在自己做了
She did what she's spent her life telling me I cannot do.
开口发表意见了
She opened her mouth and expressed an opinion.
现在被大卸八块
And is being slaughtered for it.
我说她也太轻率了
Bloody thoughtless of her if you ask me.
你也不能怪记者不想要报道
You can hardly blame the newspapers for wanting to write about something
不可能登基的王室边缘成员的婚礼
other than the wedding of a fringe member of the family who'll never be king.
我没说错吧
Well, it's true, isn't it?
现在是第四顺位
Fourth in line now,
等到威廉生了孩子 他的孩子再有孩子...
and by the time William's had children, and his children have had children...
边缘啊
Fringe.
走吧
Shall we?
他真的那样说了
Did he really just say that?
在我大婚的日子
On my wedding day?
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表