剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
你统治的是高度文明的君主立宪制国家
You're head of an evolved constitutional monarchy
历史能追溯至征服者威廉
that stretches back to William the Conqueror.
根本不能相提并论
It's not comparing like with like.
这我就不同意了
Now that's where we differ.
我认为我跟他们完全一样
You see, I consider myself to be exactly like them.
对我来说 加纳 赞比亚 马拉维
To me, Ghana, Zambia, Malawi
都是伟大的主♥权♥国家 有自己丰伟的历史
are all great sovereign nations with great histories.
我知道你大概不同意
I am aware you probably don't share that view.
在你眼中 英联邦只是浪费精力
To you, the Commonwealth is something of a distraction,
浪费时间
a waste of time.
但我可是为它奉献了一生
But in many ways, I have given my life to it.
我在40年前许下了承诺
It was the pledge I made 40 years ago.
无线电演说
On the wireless?
"致我们伟大的帝国家庭..."
"To our great imperial family..."
我记得听过 当时我还在牛津读书
I remember listening to it as a student at Oxford.
但我们不能为了过去的价值观
But we cannot let the values of the past
而忽视当前的现实
distract us from the realities of the present,
尤其是关乎英国的经济利益
particularly where Britain's economic interests are concerned.
英联邦48个国家正准备发表声明
Forty-eight countries of the Commonwealth are now preparing a statement
谴责南非政♥权♥ 并建议加强制裁
condemning the South African regime and recommending tougher sanctions.
他们...
What they...
我希望你可以签署那份声明
What I would like you to do is sign that statement.
我肯定是听错了
If I didn't know better,
那听起来很像是命令
that sounded very much like a directive.
应该说是个问题
Think of it as a question.
在拿骚[巴哈马首都]举办的英联邦国家首脑会议
The jolly atmosphere at the opening of the Commonwealth conference in Nassau,
开幕式上的欢乐气氛可骗不了人
nicknamed the CHOGM, fooled nobody.
印度总理在一个小时内
Within an hour, South Africa came up
就提起南非话题 表明立场
with the Indian prime minister making his position crystal clear.
情况怎么样
How was it?
跟女王的会面吗 气氛有点紧绷
My meeting with the Queen? It was a little testy.
但我得承认 我很喜欢那艘船
Although I must say, I do like the boat.
游艇
Yacht.
那才不是游艇
It isn't a yacht.
是一艘大船
It's a great big ship.
君主乘坐的时候 传统上就是叫游艇
And when the sovereign sails in it, historically it's called a yacht.
别自以为无所不知了 很讨厌
Don't be a know-all. It's unbecoming.
气氛为什么冰冷
Why was it frosty?
我没说"冰冷" 我说"紧绷"
I didn't say "frosty." I said "testy."
我倒希望是冰冷 这里太热了
Although I wish it had been frosty. It's far too hot here.
因为其他与会国家首脑 正准备发表声明
Because my fellow heads of government are now coming up with a statement
谴责南非政♥府♥ 他们希望我签署
condemning the South African government they want me to sign.
我说我不会接受"制裁"的字眼
I've told them I won't accept anything with the word "sanction,"
然后... 他们就开始... -闹小脾气了
and... they've started... - Getting their knickers in a twist?
坚持他们不会让步
Insisting they won't accept anything less.
所以我们要找一个大家都接受的字眼
So now we need to come up with a word that works for everyone.
祝你好运
Well, good luck with that.
谢谢 丹尼斯
Thank you, DT.
不行
No, no, no, no.
她拒绝了"提议"这个字眼
She rejected any mention of "proposals."
索尼 我这次非赢不可
I'm determined to win this battle, Sonny.
我不是好斗的人 但开始了就得赢
I don't often get into a fight, but when I do, I want to win.
你会赢的 陛下
You will, ma'am.
记住 你并不孤单
Remember, you are not alone.
现在是48比1
It is 48 against one.
我们再找另一个词
We are going back with another word.
"措施"
"Measures..."
不行
No, no, no.
不行
No.
对不起
I'm sorry.
"措施"被拒绝了
A no to "measures."
对 所以我们要改用"行动"
Yes, so we are going back with "actions."
万一那也不行呢
And should that fail?
还有"控制"
We still have "controls."
我开始觉得现在争的就是控制
Yes, I'm beginning to see this is all about control.
不行
No. No.
不
No. No, no, no.
不行
No.
谢谢
Thank you.
他们肯定是疯了
They must be out of their minds.
通通不行
No. No! No.
绝对不行
Definitely not.
不行
No!
荒谬至极
Ridiculous.
我们需要的不是无用的政客... 对不起 索尼
What we need here is not useless politicians... Sorry, Sonny.
而是个作家
But a writer.
该去哪里找呢
Where might we find one?
制裁...
Sanctions...
限制... 协议... 措施...
restrictions... protocols... measures...
提议... 抑制...
proposals... curbs...
姿态... 权宜... 信♥号♥♥...
gestures... expediences... signals...
这个应该可以
Yes, I think we can work with that.
"信♥号♥♥"
"Signals"!
对 她同意采用"信♥号♥♥"
Yes, she agreed to "signals."
她同意的"信♥号♥♥"当中
And among the signals she agreed to
其实有一些她绝对不会考虑的制裁
are actually several of the sanctions she would never have contemplated
只是名称不叫制裁
had they been called sanctions.
谢谢你 迈克尔 也恭喜你
Thank you, Michael. And congratulations.
我们赢了吗 -赢了
Have we won? - Yes.
这是英联邦的胜利 人类的胜利 主要是陛下你的胜利
It's a victory for the Commonwealth, for humanity, a victory for you.
对手是女王 铁娘子也融化
When put in the ring with her Queen, the Iron Lady melted.
算你厉害 玛格丽特 这是常识的胜利
Well played, Margaret. A victory for common sense.
你在讲什么
Whatever are you talking about?
其他元首们也肯定会欣赏
The other heads of government will appreciate
你愿意寻求折衷妥协
your willingness to seek a compromise.
杰弗里 你一直当不上首相是有原因的
There's a reason the top job has always eluded you, Geoffrey.
你没有一击必杀的本性
The absence of the killer instinct.
我们的家庭达成共识 再次团结一致
That our family is once more united around a common consensus.
但请各位先欢迎玛格丽特·撒切尔首相
But, ladies and gentlemen, first, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
首相 -是
Prime Minister. - Yes?
你被迫做出大幅让步
You have been forced to make significant concessions.
我倒没有留意到
Not that I noticed.
你签署了48国起草的文件
You signed a document prepared by 48 countries
他们本来跟你立场相左
who were in conflict with you.
是没错
I did.
但问题是 是一个人迁就了48个
But the question is, did one person move to the 48,
还是48个为一人让步
or did 48 move to one?
我是同意采用"信♥号♥♥"
Yes, I agreed to "signals."
但你也知道
But as you know,
只要稍作转弯 信♥号♥♥也可以很快地
with one simple turn, a signal can soon point
彻底改变方向 谢谢
in an entirely different direction. Thank you.
首相 -首相
Prime Minister! - Prime Minister!
秘♥书♥长♥ 你现在要发表声明吗
Secretary-General, are you giving out a statement now?
英联邦现在会怎样
Where does that leave the Commonwealth?
她那样说 -是的
That's what she said? - Yes, ma'am.
然后就走掉了 -真的
Before walking off. - Really?
准备好了吗 要拍了
Ready? Here we go.
我们准备好了
Please. We're ready.
请就位
In position.
好极了
Perfect.
看着我
Look at me.
三 二 一
Three, two, one...
大家都在读
Everyone's reading it.
目前为止 初步的反应很不错
Some early reactions have come in, and so far, very encouraging.
好
Right.
但是...
But...
还没有人开价
no offers yet?
暂时没有 但无论这本书能不能出版
Not yet. But, regardless of whether we get this one published,
能肯定的是 你的文笔生动易懂...
what is undeniable is that you write vividly, catchily...
而且我敢说
Dare I say it?
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表