Why do you ask?
听说你在芬尼沃斯的森林
Seeing you in Fernworthy that you had the
要对村名关闭也是在今天
wood bear closed to the villagers also today.
所以我说了是个大喜的日子
Red-letter day as I said.
没错 先生
True sir.
今晚我的肖像又要被人在芬尼沃斯焚烧了
I shall be burnt in effigy tonight in Fernworthy
但是我有案子能告他们
but I have the case against them.
坏人被认为没有财产权
Infernal people seem to think there are no rights of property.
他们随意而居
They can swarm where they like
带着他们野餐的报纸和瓶子
with their picnic papers and bottles
他们还有什么好抱怨的?
but why should they complain?
现在没人去森林了
No one goes to the wood now.
他们必须穿过沼泽才能到那儿
They have to cross the moor to get to it;
没人会去穿越沼泽的
no one will cross the moor.
为什么呢 先生?
And why is that sir?
你肯定听说过了吧
You've surely heard?
猎犬在沼泽里出没
The hound walks abroad upon the moor.
巴斯克维尔的猎犬 亨利爵士
The hound of the Baskervilles Sir Henry.
我听说了
I've heard.
只有你一个人这么想吗 弗兰克兰先生?
Is it a phenomenon you believe in yourself,Mr. Frankland?
问问牧师吧
Ask the vicar.
天文和法庭辩论是我的强项
Astronomic and forensic matters are my domain,
当地的事务是他的强项
demonic matters are his.
真有猎犬吗 牧师 还是别的什么?
Is it a hound of hell vicar or what?
是
Yes.
一个有趣的问题
An interesting question.
不管被看见的究竟是什么
Whatever it is that is being seen.
它的确存在着
It is undoubtedly something.
我们的蹄铁匠 托马斯·查博
Our farrier,Thomas Chub,
并不是一个无中生有的人
is not a man given to visions
而他在那里看到了某种东西
and he saw something out there.
他说是一条狗
A dog he said.
个头有小牛那么大
About the size of a calf.
说当地人有些歇斯底里
And I do not think local hysteria
在我看来理由并不充分
is an adequate explanation myself.
不管它到底是什么
I pray nightly
我每天晚上都祈祷
that it remove itself
它能离开我们这个地方
from us whatever it is
让我们有更安稳的觉睡
and that we all may sleep the more soundly.
没错
Yes.
我觉得让大伙儿坐卧不安的
I believe it is Selden,
应该是那个杀人犯塞尔丹
the murderer who frightens the folk.
格林盆一带的人都相信他仍在沼地里
In he Grimpen they believe is still upon the moor.
我们总是太富于优越感了
We are too ready to condescend
还总说这些可怜的人很迷信
and attribute superstition to these poor people
而事实上
when they are,
他们只是出于自然的本能的恐惧罢了
in fact subject to a natural and sensible fear.
妙极了 斯泰普顿小姐
Bravo,Miss Stapleton.
妙极了
Bravo.
这条恶犬是无法逃脱法律惩罚的
This hellhound's existence would not survive a court of law,
纯粹是乡间传闻
mere hearsay.
把它带到法庭上
Bring the thing before the bench
经受法律的考验
in the full blaze of jurisprudence say
我才会相信它真的存在
I then I will believe in it.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
谢谢你今晚的盛情款待
Thank you for a nice evening.
- 晚安 医生 - 很高兴见到你
- Good night,Doctor. - It's very nice to see you.
亨利爵士?
Sir Henry?
哎
Yes.
亨利爵士
Sir Henry.
亲爱的朋友 今晚真是太好了
My dear fellow it's wonderful.
你的红葡萄酒真是不错
I must compliment you on that claret.
味道好极了
Delicious.
- 真是太令人愉快了 - 谢谢
- Absolutely delightful. - Thank you.
晚安
Goodnight.
是白瑞摩吗?
Barrymore?
是的 他在那儿呆了半个小时了
Yes. He's been there a half an hour.
他在干嘛?
What's he doing?
不知道
I don't know.
瞧
Look.
在沼地上
Out on the moor.
事发偶然 亨利爵士
It just happened,Sir Henry.
我们肯定不能再到沼地里去了
We must not go on to the moor in darkness.
他们是不是有些夸大其词了 医生?
And then the powers are exalted,Doctor,
妖怪是用来吓唬小孩的 老兄
bogie's to frighten children man.
去吧 我们今晚有机会把事情查个水落石出
Come on,we have a chance of getting to the bottom of this business tonight.
在那儿
There.
华生
Watson.
怎么了 你还好吧?
You all right?
我想开枪 可是开不了
I felt to shoot but I couldn't.
来吧
Come on.
天呐
My God.
你觉得这些传言可信吗?
You believe there's any truth in these rumors?
看呐
Look.
那是什么?
What is it?
白瑞摩?
Barrymore?
无论如何不是塞尔丹
It's not Selden at any rate.
在伦敦我们就被跟踪了
We were followed in London
现在仍然受到跟踪
and we're followed still.
走吧 回屋子里去
Come on,let's get back to the house.
到底怎么回事 白瑞摩?
What's this all about Barrymore?
先生 也许…
Sir,it may...
也许看上去我们辜负了您的信任
it may seem that we have betrayed your trust.
看上去?见鬼 白瑞摩 根本就是
Seem? Damn it. Barrymore,you have.
先生… 先生 这不是他的错 先生
Sir...sir,no fault of his,sir.
他不想那样干的 都是我
He didn't want it,it's me.
是我 是我的错
It's me and mine.
那个可怜人来向我求助 先生
The poor creature came to me for help sir.
我怎么忍♥心拒绝呢?看到他受了他们那么多罪
How could I refuse after what they have done to him?
白瑞摩太太 我不明白
So then Mrs. Barrymore,I don't understand
他干嘛要来找你这样可敬的女士呢?
why should he come to respectable woman?
他是她的弟弟 先生
He's her brother,sir.
什么?
What?
是真的 先生
It's true,sir
他到这儿来的时候饿得半死
He dragged himself here half starved.
你觉得我们还能怎么做呢?我们给了他食物
And what would you expect? We fed him.
我们把食物带出去给他 先生
We took food out for him sir,
就像您会对待一条狗那样
no more than you would for a dog.
我们希望他走掉
We hoped he'd go,
但是夜复一夜那灯光都在那里闪烁着
but the light has been there night after night.
是真的吗 白瑞摩?
Is this true,Barrymore?
是的 先生
Yes,sir.
你知道那家伙干过什么吗 白瑞摩?
Have you any conception what this man did Barrymore?
是的 先生
Yes,sir.
但他已经是一个没有伤害力的人了
But he's a broken man.
他们对他做了手术 驯服了他 先生
They've done surgery,sir,to tame him.
他就像是个孩子 先生
He's like a child,sir.
求您了 先生
Please,sir.
白瑞摩太太 请你 请你起来
Mrs. Barrymore,please,please,get up.
这样做有失尊严
This is not dignified,please.
亲爱的
My dear.
先生 他已经被安排好离开这里
By a leave,sir,arrangements have been made.
几天后他就会离开这个国家
He'll be out of the country in a few days.
我恳求您 先生 别向警方举报他
I beg you sir,say nothing to the police.
你觉得呢 医生?
What do you think,Doctor?
你说他现在不会再害人了 白瑞摩
You say he's harmless now Barrymore,
可是他还拿大石头砸我们
yet he threw a rock at us.
就像小孩子扔石头那样啊 先生
As a child might throw stones,sir.
那些谋杀常常萦绕在他心里
The murderous heart is gone out of him.
他现在就像是个受了惊的孩子 先生
He's a frightening baby now,sir.
这个形容很恰当
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表