of whom I spoke.
特雷根尼斯先生昨晚
Now Mr. Tregennis spent last night
与他的兄弟
in the company of his brother,
乔治和欧文
George and Owen,
以及妹妹布兰达一同
and his sister Brenda,
在特里丹尼克·沃拉斯的房♥子里
at their house of Tredannick Wartha.
他走的时候
He left them,
他们围坐在餐桌前玩牌
playing cards around the dining table
身体和精神状态都很好
in excellent health and spirits.
但他今天早上回去的时候
But on his return this morning
发现情形极其诡异
he discovered a truly bizarre state of affairs.
三个人 不论生者还是死者
All three both alive and dead,
脸上都保留着
retained upon their faces
极度恐惧的表情
an expression of the utmost horror.
死者呢?
Dead?
死于惊恐
A convulsion of terror.
惨不忍♥睹
It was dreadful to look upon.
房♥里还有其它人吗?
Was there any sign of anyone else in the house?
只有波特女士
Only Mrs. Porter,
她是厨师兼管家
cook and housekeeper.
她昨晚睡得很沉
She had slept deeply
没听见任何声响
and heard no sound in the night.
有什么异常被遗漏了吗?
Is anything missing, disarranged?
没有 福尔摩斯先生
Nothing, Mr. Holmes.
是怎样的恐惧
What could possibly
能够让一位青年女子死亡
frighten a young woman to death
让两位壮汉疯掉呢?
and two strong men out of their senses?
嗯 会是什么呢
Yes what indeed.
福尔摩斯 我相信本地警方
Well I'm sure, Holmes, that the local police
将会得出结论
would have reached some conclusions.
但很可能是不正确的
However, erroneous they may be.
福尔摩斯
Holmes.
想一想
Think.
告诉我昨晚的情况 特雷根尼斯先生
Tell me about last night, Mr. Tregennis.
好的 福尔摩斯先生
Well Mr. Holmes,
我在那里吃过晚饭
I supped there,
正如牧师所说
as the vicar has said,
之后我的哥哥乔治
and my elder brother George
提议玩一会儿扑克牌
proposed a game of whist afterwards.
我走的时候是十点一刻
It was a quarter-past ten when I moved to go.
谁送你出门?
Who let you out?
波特夫人已经睡了
Mrs. Potter had gone to bed
所以我自己出了门
so I let myself out.
他们所处房♥间的窗户都关着
The window of the room in which they sat was closed,
但窗帘并没有拉上
but the blind was not drawn down.
今天早上
There was no change
门和窗子都和昨晚一样
in door or window this morning,
也没有理由怀疑
nor any reason to think
有陌生人进入过房♥子
that any stranger had been to the house.
他们就坐在原地
Yet there they sat,
完全被吓疯了
driven clean mad with terror.
在我有生之年我都无法
I'll never get the sight of that room
把那个房♥间的景象从我脑海中磨灭
out of my mind so long as I live.
是啊 事实总是最深刻的
Yes, the facts are most remarkable.
特雷根尼斯先生你个人认为
Mr. Tregennis do you have any theory of your own
他们为何会遭此不幸?
which might account for them?
这是魔鬼
It is devilish.
魔鬼 福尔摩斯先生
Devilish, Mr. Holmes.
那力量不属于这个世界
It is not of this world.
如果这个事件已超出人类范畴
Well the matter is beyond humanity
那它自然也超出我的能力范围
it is certainly beyond me.
的确如此 福尔摩斯
I trust so, Holmes.
想想
Now think.
仔细想一想 特雷根尼斯先生
Think very carefully, Mr. Tregennis,
昨晚你们在一起的时间里
about the evening that you spent together.
你记忆里有没有什么特别的事情
Does anything stand out in your memory
能为这场惨剧提供一点线索
which might throw some light upon this tragedy?
没有 福尔摩斯先生
There is nothing, Mr. Holmes.
他们是容易不安的人吗?
Were they nervous people?
他们曾表现出任何恐惧的预兆吗?
Did they ever show any sign of apprehension?
我认为没有 福尔摩斯先生
Not to my knowledge, Mr. Holmes.
那你就对我的探案没什么帮助了
Then there's nothing in which you can assist me.
我突然想起一件事
There is one thing occurs to me.
我坐在桌边的时候背对着窗户
As I sat at the table my back was to the window,
我的哥哥乔治
and my brother George,
玩牌的时候和我一伙
he being my partner at cards,
面朝窗户
was facing it.
我见他有一次从我肩上看过去
I saw him once look hard over my shoulder,
所以我也回头看了看
so I turned round and looked also.
窗帘没拉 窗户关着
The blind was up and the window shut,
我只能看到庭院里的矮树丛
but I could just make out the bushes on the lawn,
但有一个瞬间
and it seemed to me for a moment
我好像看到有什么东西在移♥动♥
that I saw something moving among them.
说不清那是人或动物
I couldn't even say if it was man or animal,
只是觉得有东西在那儿
but I just thought I saw something there.
你没想要弄清楚吗?
Did you not investigate?
当时认为没什么
Well the matter passed as unimportant.
你看到任何恶魔的迹象吗?
Did you have any premonition of evil?
我只是觉得
None that I was aware of.
你怎么会这么早
How did you hear the terrible news
就得知噩耗?
so early this morning?
我习惯早起
I am an early riser.
一般在早餐前散步
Generally take a walk before breakfast.
今早我刚刚出门
This morning I had hardly started
理查德医生
when Doctor Richard
驾着马车找到了我
overtook me in his carriage.
特雷根尼斯先生
Mr. Tregennis.
我刚从你妹妹家得知了一条紧急消息
I've just heard an urgent message from your sister's house.
怎么了?
What's happened?
我不是很确定
I'm not quite sure, sir,
你最好还是跟我去一趟吧
but you'd better come with me.
她死了至少六个小时
She's been dead at least six hours.
没有施暴的痕迹
No signs of violence.
但为什么?
But how?
特雷根尼斯先生 我从未见过这种情形
I've never seen the like, Mr. Tregennis.
这么多年来…
Not in all my years has a...
你还好吗?
You all right?
我来扶着你 过来
I've got you. Here.
过来
Over here.
坐下
There we go.
他差点也在我们面前出事
We nearly got him on our hands as well.
你要去哪儿 福尔摩斯
Where are you going Holmes?
去特里丹尼克·沃拉斯 不能耽搁
Tredannick Wartha without delay.
福尔摩斯先生
With your permission Mr. Holmes
请您允许我先走一步
I'll go on ahead.
谢谢你 牧师 快点
Thank you vicar, quickly,
否则我们就要比你先到了
otherwise we'll be there before you.
福尔摩斯 我必须劝阻你
Holmes, I must protest.
把你的劝阻留着吧 华生
Save your protestations for later, Watson,
多留一会儿
much later!
我想你因为某些原因
I gather you were divided
和你的家庭分开了
in some way from your family.
是的 福尔摩斯先生
Oh yes sir, Mr. Holmes.
那已经是过去的事情了
Well the matter is past and done with.
一切都已经被原谅和遗忘了
All was forgiven and forgotten
我们曾是最亲密的朋友
and we were the best of friends.
我们家曾在雷德鲁斯作锡矿工
We were a family of tin-miners at Redruth,
但我们把家族企业卖♥♥给了一家公♥司♥
but we sold out our venture to a company,
就此退休并有了足够的钱维持生计
and so retired with enough to keep us.
我不否认分家产的时候
I won't deny there was some bad feeling
有一些不愉快
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表