Perhaps the gypsy theory's correct.
不 不 不 不
No, no, no, no.
马是非常喜欢群居的生物
A horse is a most gregarious creature.
既然它没有回到金斯皮兰
Now he did not go back to King's Pyland
自己的马厩 那就一定是去了…
to his own stable, so he must have gone...
梅普尔顿
to Mapleton.
现在我们以此为假设
Now let us use that as a working hypothesis.
这片土地十分干硬 但是那边的低洼地
The ground around here is very hard and dry, but over there
在星期一的晚上肯定是很湿润
in that hollow it must have been very wet on Monday night.
如果我们的假设是正确的
If our supposition is correct,
它肯定去过那里
he must have crossed it.
华生
Watson!
天 看看这个
By George, look at that.
你瞧见了想象力的可贵
You see the value of imagination
这正是格雷戈里督察缺少的一项资质
is the one quality which Inspector Gregory lacks.
我们想象可能发生的事情
We imagined what might have happened,
然后采取行动
acted upon the supposition,
最后发现是有道理的 让我们继续吧
and find ourselves justified. Let us proceed.
看 看
Look! Look!
马和人 都折回了
Horse and man turned.
"梅普尔顿驯马场 闲人禁入"
这里不准闲人逗留
No loitering around here.
你没长眼睛吗?
Haven't you got eyes in your head.
我只是想问你一个问题
I only wanted to ask you a question.
要是明天早晨五点我来拜访
Should I be too early to see Mr. Silas Brown,
西拉斯·布朗先生 会不会太早了
if I was to call around here at five-thirty tomorrow morning?
我不应该跟你说话
I shouldn't be speaking to you by rights.
给 男孩
Here lad.
请收下
please accept.
保佑你 先生
Bless you, sir.
您是位绅士
You're a gentleman.
布朗先生是这里起最早的
Mr. Brown's the early bird around here all right,
道森 你跟陌生人说三道四的干什么
Dawson, what are you doing gossiping with strangers?
干♥你♥自己的事去
Be about your business.
你们两个在这里想干什么
Now what the devil do you two want around here?
只占用你一点时间 布朗先生
Just a few minutes of your time, Mr. Brown.
离开这里 不然你就会被狗追着跑
Be off with you or you'll find the dog on your heels.
我为什么要和所有
Why should I talk
在这旷野上游荡的陌生人说话?
every gadabout stranger on the moor?
或许能让你免于 被布莱克沃特勋爵解雇
It may save you instant dismissal from Lord Blackwater's service
不会锒铛入狱
and the stiffest prison sentence.
留心周围
Keep guard.
星期二一大早
Early Tuesday morning,
你像平时一样巡视马场
you're about the yard as usual,
看见了一匹马在沼泽里
when you saw a horse on the moor.
等你靠近它时你意识到
When you approached it you realized
这完全不是一匹陌生的马
that it wasn't a strange horse at all.
是你熟知的一匹马 了如指掌
It was one that you knew, very well.
你的第一个反应就是带着银…
Your first instinct was to lead Silver...
银额马回到金斯皮兰
Silver Blaze back to King's Pyland
但是随即你有了 其他邪恶的想法
but then the devil put other ideas into your head.
你有了赚一笔大钱的机会
You have a chance to make a great deal of money.
你突然反应过来 如果把马藏起来…
It occurred to you that if you were to hide the horse...
你一直在看着我 对吧
You've been watching me, haven't you?
你在监视我 先生
You've been spying on me, sir.
那么 先生
Now. Sir.
你想让我做什么都行
I do what you want.
如果你要钱 会给你的
If it's money you want, you shall have it,
我怎么说你就怎么做
You will do exactly as I tell you.
我很少见到像西拉斯·布朗这样的
A more perfect compound of the bully, coward and sneak
集霸道 怯懦和狡猾 于一体的完美的组合
that Master Silas Brown. I've seldom met with.
那么说马在他那里?
He has the horse then?
当然
Of course.
但是他的马厩被搜过
But his stables have been searched.
像他这样的作假老手 知道很多伎俩
An old faker like him knows many a dodge.
华生 我不知道你是否注意到
Watson, I didn't know whether you observed
但是罗斯上校的举止有点傲慢
but Colonel Ross manner has been somewhat cavalier.
我想要对他开点玩笑
I'm inclined to have a little amusement at his expense.
不要向他透露任何马的事情
Say nothing to him about the horse.
没有你的允许 我什么都不会说
I shall say nothing without your permission.
非常好
Splendid.
从我们找到的线索来看 星期一晚上
We have found traces which show that a party of gypsies encamped
在凶案现场一英里之外
on Monday night within a mile of where
吉普赛人在露营开过派对
the murder took place.
菲茨罗·伊辛普森 可能跟他们商量好了
Fitzroy Simpson may well have an understanding with them
来把马藏起来
over hiding the horse.
尽管如此
Nevertheless, I think I owe it to the public
让银额马退出比赛 我依然觉得有愧于大家
to remove Silver Blaze's name for the entrance for the cup.
不 当然不行 上校 我会让这个名字留下
No, certainly not! Colonel, I should let the name stand.
但是我已经让贝阿得退出了
But I've already withdrawn Bayard.
但是我有把握 让银额马在星期六上场
But I have every hope that Silver Blaze will start on Saturday.
让你的骑师做准备吧
Have your jockey at readiness.
我很高兴听到你的观点 先生
I'm very glad to have your opinion, sir.
当然跟谁杀了
That is a minor point, of course,
约翰·斯特拉比这只是个次要问题
compared with the question of who killed John Straker.
毫无疑问你会专注于这个问题
Doubtless you will be devoting yourself to that problem.
正好相反 华生医生和我
On the contrary, Doctor Watson and I
会坐夜间特快回伦敦
were taking the Night Express to London.
我们已经呼吸过了你们这
We've had the most charming little
诱人的新鲜空气
breath of your country air.
所以你已经对缉拿杀害
So you've despaired already of
约翰·斯特雷克的凶手丧失信心了
arresting the murderer of poor John Straker.
困难重重
With our certain grave difficulties.
你有斯特拉克的照片吗
Do you have the photograph of Straker?
谢谢 督察 我已经准备好去塔维斯托克了
Thank you, Inspector. I am quite ready now for Tavistock.
留在这
Linger.
我必须说我对我们 伦敦的顾问非常失望
I must say I am rather disappointed in our London consultant.
我没有看到他来之后有任何的进展
I don't see that were any further than when he came.
但是至少他保证了
But at least you have his assurance Colonel
你的马可以参赛 上校
that your horse will run.
哦 是的 他是保证了
Oh yes, I have his assurance.
但我宁愿得到马
I should prefer to have the horse.
我觉得你应该采纳福尔摩斯先生的建议 上校
I think you should heed Mr. Holmes advice, Colonel.
看情况再说吧
Well I shall have to see.
不好意思 是谁在照看这些羊?
Excuse me, whom looks after these sheep?
是我 先生
I do, sir.
你有注意到它们最近有什么毛病吗
Have you noticed anything amiss of late?
没有 先生
No sir.
那也许算不上 但是有三只羊的脚跛了
Well it's not much account, but three of them have gone lame.
谢谢
Thank you.
大胆的推测 华生 很大胆的推测 你先请
A long shot, Watson, a very long shot. After you.
督察 我建议你注意下羊群中
Inspector I would like to recommend to you
这种奇异病症吧
the singular epidemic among the sheep.
你真的认为那很重要?
You really consider that to be important?
非常重要
Exceedingly so.
走了 贝恩斯
All right Baynes.
你还需要我注意其他
Is there any other point
一些问题吗 福尔摩斯先生?
to which you wish to draw my attention, Mr. Holmes?
那天夜里 狗的反应很奇怪
To the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime.
但是那天夜里 狗没什么反应啊
But the dog did nothing in the nighttime.
那正是奇怪的地方
That is the curious incident.
我的马到底在哪里 福尔摩斯?
Where the devil is my horse, Holmes?
不 不 不 不 它到底在哪?
No, no, no, no. Where the devil is he?
我猜 上校 如果你看见了 就可以认出它吧
I suppose, Colonel, that you would recognize him if you saw him?
认出我自己的马?
Know my own horse?
我在赛马场上活跃了二十年了
I have been on the turf for twenty years
以前从来没有被这么问过 这样该死的傻问题
and I've never been asked such a damn fool question before.
即使是一个孩子也知道
A child would know Silver Blaze
银额马的额头上有块白色的星型
with the white star on his forehead
后腿上有斑点
and mottled hind leg.
我想你能意识到如果我的马不上场
I suppose you realize if my horse doesn't run,
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表