The paper appears to be of Indian manufacture.
以前被钉在了板子上
At some point it's been pinned to a board.
上面的图表像是
The diagram upon it appears to be the plan
大建筑物草图的一部分
of part of a large building
里面有许多房♥间 走廊和过道
with numerous halls, corridors, and passages.
上面用红笔画了个十字
There's a cross in red ink,
在一边写着"从左边3.37"
and on the side is written '3.37 from left.'
这有一个奇怪的象形文字
There is a curious hieroglyphic,
四个签名
The sign of four
Kartar Singh Indigo Singh
Kartar Singh, Indigo Singh,
Jagodish Singh Jonathan Small
Jagodish Singh, Jonathan Small.
这纸像是在钱夹里小心收藏过
It appears it has been kept carefully in a pocketbook,
因为纸两边都很干净
for the one side is as clean as the other.
就是在他的钱夹里发现的
It was in his pocketbook that we found it.
好好保管 摩斯坦小姐
Preserve it carefully, Miss Morstan.
现在我觉得这个案子
I begin to suspect that this case may be
似乎比最初想像的
much deeper and more subtle
更深奥更复杂
than I ever first supposed.
你们就是摩斯坦小姐
Hey, are you the parties
和她的同伴吗?
who come with Miss Morstan?
我就是摩斯坦小姐
I'm Miss Morstan,
这两位是我的朋友
and these 2 gentlemen are my companions.
您得向我保证
I must ask you to give me your word
您的两位同伴中
that neither of your companions
没有警官
is a police officer.
我保证
I give you my word.
我的主人正在等候
Sahib awaits you.
让他们进来 我的男仆
Show them in, Khitmutgar.
直接把他们带到我这儿来
Show them straight in to me.
愿意为您效劳 摩斯坦小姐
Your servant, Miss Morstan.
愿意为两位效劳 先生们
Your servant, gentlemen.
进来
Come in.
进来
Come in.
进我这间小屋子来
Come in to my little sanctum.
我想你们不会介意
I trust you have no objection
烟草味儿吧?
to tobacco smoke?
有香油味儿的
The balsamic odor
东方烟草
of Eastern tobacco?
我有点紧张
I am a little nervous
我发现我的水烟袋是无上的…
and I find my hookah to be an invaluable...
镇静剂
sedative.
打扰了 舒尔托先生
You will excuse me Mr. Sholto
您让我来这里
but I am here at your request
是想告诉我
to learn something,
什么事情呢?
which you desire to tell me?
天有些晚了
It is getting very late and I should wish
我希望谈话越简短越好
the interview to be as short as possible.
嗯 要花些时间
Well it must take some time.
因为我们要去诺伍德
For we have to go to Norwood
见我哥哥巴塞洛缪
to see brother Bartholomew.
我们都要去
We must all see
也许我们可以说服
if we can get the better
我哥哥巴塞洛缪
of brother Bartholomew.
他对我发了火
He is angry with me for
因为我采取了我以为正确的行动
taking the course that has seemed right to me.
你们不知道
You cannot imagine
当他生气的时候
what a terrible fellow he is
会是个多么难缠的人
when he is angry.
要是我们去诺伍德
If we are to go to Norwood,
最好还是
it would perhaps be as well
现在就动身
if we were start at once.
不
No.
那不合适
No that would hardly do.
我不知道怎么和他说
I don't know what he would say
要是我们这么唐突去见他
if we came upon him in that sudden way.
我必须让你们做好准备
No I must prepare you
把咱们彼此的处境
by showing you where we all stand
先谈一谈
to each other.
首先我要把我知道的一些事实
I must lay the facts before you,
告诉各位
as I know them myself.
我父亲 就是已故的约翰·舒尔托少校
My father, the late Major John Sholto,
大约11年前
came to live at Pondicherry Lodge
来到上诺伍德
in Upper Norwood
定居于庞第皆瑞别♥墅♥
some 11 years ago.
他在印度发了财
And he had prospered in India
带回来了
and brought back with him
一大笔钱
a considerable sum of money,
还有一批珍贵的古董
a collection of valuable curiosities,
和几个印度的仆人
and a staff of native servants.
因为这些
With these advantages
他生活得很富裕
he lived in great luxury.
那时我哥哥和我正在上大学
My brother and I were at university at the time.
然而 我们确实清楚
We did know, however,
有些秘密
that some mystery,
某种存在的危险
some positive danger,
藏在我父亲的心里
overhung our father.
他非常害怕
He was very fearful
独自一人外出
of going out alone,
他雇了2个职业拳击手
and he employed 2 prizefighters
保护他
to guard him.
威廉斯 今晚送你们来的那个人
Williams, who drove you here tonight,
就是其中之一
was one of them.
出于某种原因
For some reason,
他从不告诉我们
he never told anyone,
我父亲对装有木腿的人
my father had a marked aversion
格外提防
to men with wooden legs.
有一次
On one occasion
他竟然开枪打伤了
he actually fired his revolver
一个只有一条腿的人
at a one-legged man.
那人只不过是个平常的商贩
A harmless tradesman as it turned out.
我记得当时我们
I remember we have to pay
赔了很大一笔钱才了事
a considerable sum to hush it up.
然后 突然
Then suddenly
我父亲收到了一封信
my father received a letter
那封信对他是很大的打击
It was a great shock to him.
出去
Out.
从房♥间出去
Out of the room!
从房♥间出去
Out of the room!
信上说了什么
What was in the letter
我们永远不知道
we could never discover?
我父亲多年身患
For years my father had suffered
脾脏肿大的毛病
with an enlarged spleen
从那时起
and from that moment on
他的病情变得更糟
he became rapidly worse.
一天晚上医生通知我们说 没希望了
But one night the doctor informed us there was no hope
要我们听他的最后的遗嘱
and that he wished to make a last communication to us.
我亲爱的家人
My dear family,
我在印度的时候
when we were in India
我的朋友 摩斯坦和我
my friend, Morstan and I,
得到了一大笔的
came into possession
宝物
of a considerable treasure.
我把它们带回了这里
I brought it home with me to this house,
至今还在这
where it's still alive.
那天 摩斯坦先生
On the day, Mr. Morstan,
从印度回来
had arrived home from the East.
他直接找到这里
He came straight to this house
指责我独吞了财宝
to claim his share.
我们发过誓 舒尔托
We gave our word Sholto.
一个诺言
A promise.
我们发过毒誓
We gave our word and our oath.
另一时间
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表