当我昨晚到达的时候
Well as soon as I arrived yesterday evening
我发觉那里的气氛
I knew something was wrong.
有些不对劲
The atmosphere of the place,
屋子里昏暗陈旧
the house was tumbledown,
压抑的很
depressing.
加西亚告诉我说他有个很棒的厨子
Garcia told me he had a wonderful cook,
那人有一半西班牙血统 是他在旅途中认识的
a half breed he had picked up on his travels
但是那天的晚餐
but the dinner,
如此糟糕
well it was so ill-prepared
服务很不周到
and served with such bad grace
饭菜难以下咽
that it was barely edible.
我向你保证那天晚上
I can assure you that there were many times
有好几次
in the course of the evening
我真想找个借口离开
I wished I could have invented some excuse to leave.
你说什么
What did you say?
房♥间非常棒
Well the rooms is fascinating.
约翰·罗戈比
John Rogglbe.
那么很热门咯
Across the heat then?
不仅热门 伙计 可以说是风靡全郡
Wasn't just heat lad, it was all over the county.
你没有什么不舒服吧
I tell you, you feeling all right?
没有
Yes.
对不起
Sorry.
嘿 嘿
Please, Please.
给客人再上点酒
Some more wine for our guest.
好的
Yes.
(西班牙文)
还有客人要来么
Are we expecting company?
可以的话 我还想喝点那个
I would like a drink of that if it's possible.
他没有对字条上的内容
And he made no remark
说些什么吗?
as to the contents of the note?
没有
None.
但从那时起
But for that moment
他收起了谈话时的所有伪装
he gave up all pretence at conversation.
就坐在那儿
He just sat there
不停地抽着雪茄
smoking these endless cigarettes.
大概11点的时候 我很高兴可以去睡觉了
About eleven I was glad to go to bed.
2小时以后
Two hours later
他来到我房♥间里
he looked in at my door.
你有摇铃叫我么
Did you ring?
我有摇铃么?
Did I ring?
哦 别起来 现在快1点了
Awe, please don't wake up it's nearly one o'clock.
继续睡吧
Please go back to sleep.
晚安
Good night.
接下来就到最关键的部分了
And now I come to the amazing part of my tale.
当我醒来的时候 天已经大亮了
When I woke it was broad daylight,
快9点了
nearly nine.
我特别交待他们 要在8点钟叫醒我
I had particularly asked to be called at eight,
所以我很震惊
so I was very much astonished
怎能如此健忘
at this forgetfulness.
我说有人在吗
I say is anybody here?
我想要点热水
I'd like some hot water.
我摇铃叫仆人
I rang for the servant.
没有回应
There was no response.
有人吗
Somebody?
我说有人服务没
I say is there a servant available.
真该死
This is damnable.
我把房♥间挨个找了一遍
I went from room to room,
都是空的
all were deserted.
主人房♥也一样
Even my host room,
床铺没人睡过
the bed had never been slept in.
外国主人
Foreign host,
外国仆人
foreign footman,
外国厨子
foreign cook,
在晚上全消失了
all vanished in the night.
您的经历
Your experience is,
就我看来
so far as I know,
非常奇特
perfectly unique.
还有什么别的情况么
Now what else can you tell me?
恩 我异常愤怒
Well, I was furious.
我收拾了行李
I packed my bags
摔上大门
and I banged the front door behind me
出发去伊舍了
and I set out for Esher.
后来我给 艾伦兄弟的地♥产♥经纪
Then I called at Allan Brothers',
打电♥话♥
the land agents,
我发现这栋别♥墅♥
and found it was from them
是向他们租来的
that the villa had been rented.
租的?
Rented?
你看
Well you see
我不敢相信
I couldn't believe
他们消失了
that they had gone
就为了作弄我
simply to make a fool of me.
我想他们肯定是想赖租金
I thought, you know, it must be the rent
但我错了
but I was wrong.
房♥屋经纪人感谢我的提醒
See the agent thanked me for my warning
并告诉我说租金已经预付了
but said that the rent had been paid in advance.
我猜也许是大使♥馆♥付的
By the Spanish embassy I imagine?
我给西班牙大使♥馆♥打电♥话♥
I called at the Spanish embassy.
他们不认识这些人
The man is unknown to them.
我也问了把他们介绍给我认识的朋友
I also asked my friend who introduced us
他和我一样不了解他们
and he seemed to know less about Garcia than I did.
现在 这座房♥子
Now, this house,
威斯特里亚公♥寓♥
Wisteria Lodge,
我想它是否和你离开时一样
I wonder if it's still as you left it.
想什么呢 华生
What's troubling you, Watson?
厄
Huh?
恐怕等我们到那儿的时候
Well I fear some mundane explanation of the events
也许会发现原因其实很简单
may await us upon our arrival.
有可能
It's possible.
感谢我们的好运气
We can thank our lucky fate,
把我们从百无聊赖中
which will rescue us for a few hours
拯救出来几个小时
from the insufferable fatigues of idleness.
这位先生推荐村里的公牛旅馆
This gentleman recommends The Bull in the village,
我们可以在那里过夜
that's if we're to stay overnight.
我问他是否认识加西亚
I asked him if he knew Garcia
或者他的仆人
or his servants.
他认识么?
Did he?
不认识
No.
外边没有什么特别的
Nothing unusual about the outside.
让我们看里面的情况
Let's see what the interior holds for us.
我希望我们不会因非法侵入
I don't suppose we could be charged
而被起诉
with housebreaking can we?
怎么这么乱七八糟的 也不收拾
Who on earth could leave such a mess?
的确如此
Yes indeed.
到屋子里四处看看 华生
Take a glance around the house, Watson.
福尔摩斯先生么?
Mr. Holmes?
欢迎您来威斯特里亚公♥寓♥ 福尔摩斯先生
Welcome to Wisteria Lodge, Mr. Holmes.
我是萨里警队的贝恩斯警长
Inspector Baynes of the Surrey Constabulary.
这位是唐宁警官
This is Constable Downing.
您是住在李街波帕姆公♥馆♥的
And you are Mr. John Scott Eccles
约翰·斯考特·艾克尔斯 先生么
of Popham House,Lee?
是的
I am.
斯考特·艾克尔斯先生
Mr. Scott Eccles
我们跟了您一个上午了
we've been following you about all the morning.
我想您是通过电报找到他的吧
You traced him through his telegram, I presume?
没错 福尔摩斯先生
Exactly, Mr. Holmes.
我们在查林十字街邮局发现了他的踪迹
We picked up the scent at Charring Cross Post-Office.
你想干什么
But what'd you want?
为什么跟踪我
And why did you follow me?
我们想要您一份证词 斯考特·艾克尔斯先生
We wish a statement, Mr. Scott Eccles,
关于住在伊舍附近
as to the events which led up to the death
威斯特里亚寓所的
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表