但是我发誓 先生们
But I give you my word gentlemen
我没有对小舒尔托先生下手
I never laid hands on young Mr. Sholto.
你当然没有
Of course you didn't.
你那个小朋友杀了他
Your little friends dart killed him
就在你还在爬绳子的时候
while he was still climbing the rope.
你说这话就好像你亲眼见过一样
Well you speak as if you were there sir.
要是那是老舒尔托少校的话
Well if it had been old Major Sholto
我绝对会毫不手软地掐死他
I would have swung for him with a light heart.
现在竟然因为小舒尔托而入狱
But to be lagged over this young Sholto,
真令人心痛
cursed heart.
如果你能向我句句属实
You must make a clean breast of it
我还能帮你的忙
if you do I may be of use to you.
真像是一家人团圆
Quite a family party.
我想这瓶酒该留给我自己
I reckon I'll pull that flask myself.
好了 你准备去哪儿 斯茂?
Now, where are you going Small?
Gravesend的Esmeralda
The Esmeralda, at Gravesend,
转道去巴西
outward bound for the Brazils.
几乎就成功了
And nearly made it.
如果当时还有别人驾驶的话
Another man at the engines
你们永远都追不上我们
and you'd never have caught us.
钥匙在哪?
Where's the key my man?
河底
At the bottom of the river.
瞧
Now look here,
今天你给我们带来了不少麻烦 斯茂
we've had enough of you tonight Small.
把手铐带进来 我警告你
Bring the cuffs in men, I'm warning you.
没事了 警官
Its alright constable
不必拿手铐来了
When we leave the stacks.
我建议我们回贝克街
I suggest that we go back to Baker Street.
我想摩斯坦小姐在那
Well I think Miss Morstan should be there.
这不合乎规矩 福尔摩斯先生
Well that's not the regulation way Mr. Holmes.
至少我可以请你喝上一杯
Well I can at least promise you a nice,
温暖又美味
warming drink.
很好 各位
Very well gentlemen.
摩斯坦小姐
Well Miss Morstan
我很荣幸能将
I am pleased and proud
这个贼绳之以法
to have been able to bring the thief to justice.
正义
Justice?
多好听的正义啊
The pretty justice.
这财宝不是我们的 还能属于谁?
Who's loot is this if it is not ours?
财宝不是他们的 却偏要给他们
Where is the justice that I should give it up
这就是正义?
to those who have never owned it?
你忘记了 斯茂
You forget Small
他们一无所知
they know nothing of this matter.
判断不出
We cannot tell how far justice
正义是否在你一边
may have originally been on your side.
对 先生
No sir.
您说话还算公道
You have been fair spoken to me,
虽然说我该感谢你
though I can say that it's you
给我的双手
that I have to thank
戴上了手铐
for these bracelets on my wrists.
可我并不怨恨
Still I bear no grudge for that.
要是您想听我的故事
If you want to hear my story
我不会隐瞒
I have no wish to hold it back.
我所说之言
And what I say to you is God's truth,
句句都是真话
every word of it.
当我还是个小伙子
When I was a lad
参军当了兵
I took the Queen's shilling and was
跟随步兵三团去了印度
posted out to India with the Third Buff's.
当我在恒河里游泳的时候
A crocodile snapped this off
一只鳄鱼咬掉了我的腿
when I was bathing in the Ganges.
那畜生像做外科手术一样
The sawbones had my stump
干脆地咬掉了我这只腿
in the tar barrel nice and quick.
我那时还年盛体强
I was young and strong.
我奉命退伍 而这个家伙…
We got my discharge and this fellow...
支撑着我
it's been a good support to me
于是我20岁就成了瘸子
so there I was a cripple at 20.
但是我喜欢那里
But I liked it out there
我在那找了一个监工的工作
so I found myself a job as an overseer
在一个经营靛青的农场里
on an Indigo farm.
我每天都骑在马背上 所以境遇还不错
I was on horseback all day so that was fine.
但是好景不长
But I was never in luck for long,
事前没有一点征兆
without a note of warning
大叛乱爆发了
the great mutiny was on us.
一天晚上我回到农场
I came back to the farm one evening to find
发现我的雇主和所有的人都被杀了
my master and all his family be murdered.
我没有等待
I didn't wait.
连夜跑到阿格拉城
On that same evening I was in the Fort of Agra,
那是英国人控制着的最近的城市
the nearest city still held by the British.
古老的阿格拉城
The old Fort of Agra,
一个古怪的地方
a queer place,
很大
huge,
到处都是通道和房♥间
it's full of passages and rooms
更多的是出口 数也数不过来
and more entrances than you can count.
有很多的门
There were many gates
由于我是一个退伍兵 还是英国人
and because I was an ex-soldier and British
他们让我当了一个头目
they put me in charge of one of them
还给我派了几个印度人
and gave me a couple of Sikkhs
他们对我们很忠诚
who'd stayed loyal to us.
这是个偏僻的地方
It was a lonely place.
我手下的两个旁遮普人久经沙场
My 2 Punjabis were experienced, fighting men.
Kartar Singh和Indigo Singh
Kartar Singh and Indigo Singh.
是叛军吗?
Rebels?
不是
No rebels.
堡垒很安全
The fort is safe.
河这边没有叛军士兵
There are no rebel this side of the river.
你要不和我们合作
You must be with us
要不永远沉默
or you must be silenced forever.
和你们合作干什么?
With you how?
我们让你发财
We want you to be rich,
不就是你们英国人来这的目的吗
which is why you British came to this land.
我没理由拒绝发财
Well I have no objection of being rich.
以你父亲的身体发誓
Then swear by the bones of your father
今后绝不做不利于我们的事
to raise no hand
也不说不利于我们的话
and to speak no word against us now
永远都不
or ever afterwards
你会拥有财宝的四分之一
then you will have quarter of the treasure.
但我们只有3个人
But there are only 3 of us.
Jagodish Singh 我的同胞兄弟
Jagodish Singh my foster brother
他也有一份
he must have his share.
没时间了 先生 决定吧
There is no time Sahib decide.
好
Well
如果没有威胁到堡垒的安全
provided the fort is in no kind of danger
我发誓
I swear.
你会怎么做 福尔摩斯先生?
What would you have done Mr. Holmes?
我非常怀疑
I strongly suspect
我和你完全一样
I would have done exactly as you did.
我了解锡克人
Yes I know the Sikkh.
唬弄不了的人
He's not a man to be trifled with.
我们那里的一个首长
One of our local Rajahs,
很有钱
Rich as Croesus of course,
他投靠了叛军
he'd gone in with the rebels.
但是 他害怕万一英军再反扑回来
But... He wanted to hedge his bet
又留了后路
just in case the British came out on top.
他想出个办法 把财产分成2部分
So he made a plot to get half his treasure
藏在阿格拉城里
hidden in the Fort of Agra
派他手下的人
sending one of his men with it
乔装成商人的样子
in the guise of a merchant
请Jagodish Singh
and Jagodish Singh
就是Kartar的哥哥
Kartar's brother
来做向导
to be the guide.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表