It stimulates those brain centers,
非疯即死
which control the emotion of fear.
那些不幸的本地人
Madness or death
若是遭受部落医师的折磨
is the fate of the unfortunate native
就是这样的下场
who is subjected to the ordeal
会被发现吗?
by the priest of his tribe.
欧洲科学是不能的
Can it be detected?
几天后
Not by European science.
我的住处有人闯空门
A few days later
但貌似什么都没拿
my cottage was broken into
我没有留意
but since nothing seemed to have been taken
直到郎德海先生的电报
I gave the matter no heed
到达普利茅斯
until Mr. Roundhay's telegram
莫提默这个恶棍
arrived at Plymouth.
以为我得知消息的时候
This villain, Mortimer,
已经在海上
had thought that I would be at sea
并一去非洲很多年
before news reached me,
但我当然立刻回来
and that I should be lost for years in Africa.
我一听到详细情况
But of course I returned immediately
就能断定
and I could not hear the details
他用的正是我的毒药
without being assured that it was my poison, which had been used,
而莫提默·特雷根尼斯本人
and that Mortimer Tregennis himself
就是凶手
was the murderer.
我一心要报仇
My sole cried out for revenge.
你杀了她
You murdered her!
为了钱你杀了自己的亲妹妹
For money you murdered your own sister.
你没有证据
You can't prove that.
当地陪审团不会相信你
No jury in the land will believe you.
我就是陪审团 特雷根尼斯
I'm my own jury, Mr. Tregennis.
法官 陪审团和刽子手
Judge, jury and executioner.
我点燃了台灯
I lit the lamp.
把粉末放到上面
I put the powder above it.
五分钟后他死了
In five minutes he died.
上帝啊
My God!
死状其惨
How he died!
但我不为所动
But my heart was flint,
因为他仅仅是经历了
for he endured nothing
我无辜的心上人
which my innocent darling
之前所经历的一切
had not suffered before him.
你可以采取任何行动 福尔摩斯先生
You can take what steps you like, Mr. Holmes.
但没有什么谁
But there can be no man living
会比我现在更无惧死亡了
who fears death less than I do now.
你原本是怎么计划的?
What where your plans?
我打算把自己葬在中非
I was intending to bury myself in Central Africa.
那儿的工作只进行了一半
My work there is but half done.
那就去完成另外一半吧
Go and do the other half.
我个人不打算阻止你
I, for one, am not prepared to stop you.
上帝保佑你
God bless you,
你们两位
both of you.
已经不是第一次了 福尔摩斯
Not for the first time, Holmes,
把法律玩弄于股掌之上
you presume to take the law into your hands.
我从未爱过
I have never loved
但如果有过
but if I did
如果这个我爱的女人
and if the woman I had loved
遭此不幸
had met with such an end
我可能也会跟我们
I might act even as our
无视法律的猎狮者有相同的举动
lawless lion-hunter has done.
你不会吗?
Wouldn't you?
嗯 可能吧
Yes, I suppose so
但这不是关键
but that's not the point.
关键是我为什么要做警方的工作呢?
The point is why should I do the work of the official police?
而且正如你所言
And as your very fond of telling me,
我在休假中
I'm on holiday!
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表