剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
just because I have a pretty face.
我多希望人们因为我有张漂亮脸蛋
I would love it if people listened to me
而听我说话啊 那我就不用大喊了
because I have a pretty face. Then I wouldn't have to shout.
谁在乎他们为什么听 他们在听就行
Who cares why they're listening? They're listening.
你觉得肯尼迪会因为他是靠外表才战胜尼克松
You think Kennedy agonized over whether he beat Nixon
而感到痛苦吗 不会 他心想
because of his looks? No, he thought,
"我不敢相信我做了总统
"I can't believe I get to be president
还睡了玛丽莲·梦露"
and shtup Marilyn Monroe."
我能和你合影吗
Can I get a photo with you?
抱歉 我们在私人对话呢
Excuse me. We're having a private conversation.
那是我们最大的广♥告♥商之一
That was one of our biggest advertisers.
你想让堕胎合法 你就得这么做
You wanna make abortion legal, this is how you do it.
参与游戏 给麦戈文施加压力
Play the game. Hold McGovern's feet to the fire.
他在犹豫吗
Is he waffling?
他跟我说他认为这是每个女人自己的决定
He told me he believes it's every woman's personal decision.
现在他认为他是呼声最高的参选人
Well, now he believes he's the front runner
需要在大选时搬去中部
and needs to move to the center to beat Nixon
才能战胜尼克松
in the general election.
你还奇怪我为什么受不了政♥治♥
And you wonder why I can't stand politics?
-我能回去参加派对了吗 -去吧
- Can I get back to my party now? - Go.
-你怎么样 -还行
- How you doing? - All right.
你今晚能留下过夜吗
Can you stay over tonight?
嗯 但我得很早离开
Yeah, but I have to leave early.
明早要去送孩子
Got the kids in the morning.
-你来了 -我甚至有时间烘焙
- You came. - I even had time to bake.
其实是复活节的剩菜
Well, actually, it's leftover from Easter.
你不说我也不会说出去
I won't tell if you won't tell.
今天的学习主题
For today's study section,
我选择了神父柯林斯在我们年度大会上的演讲
I chose Father Collins' talk from our annual conference.
关于煽动了阿提卡监狱暴♥动♥的
It's about the Marxist revolutionaries
马♥克♥思♥主义革命者
who instigated the Attica prison uprising.
这些暴♥乱♥全是新左派运动的一部分
These riots are all a part of the New Left campaign
目的是摧毁美国监狱
to undermine American prisons.
世界要快速走向毁灭了
The world's going to hell in a handbag.
我最近
You know, I read, uh,
看到新闻说安吉拉·戴维斯宣布
recently, that Angela Davis declared
如果她自♥由♥了
that if she were free,
她的第一个目标就是废除美国的监狱系统
her first goal would be to abolish America's prison system.
如果你们不熟悉她
For those of you who aren't familiar...
安吉拉·戴维斯是黑豹党激进分子
Angela Davis is the Black Panther militant
在加州因涉嫌谋杀罪而受审
on trial for murder in California.
即使她已经承认自己是
Yeah, so even though she has admitted to being a member
共♥产♥党成员 国会里还是有人
of the Communist Party, there are members of Congress
公开支持她 比如谢丽·奇泽姆
who publicly support her, like Shirley Chisholm.
格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆
And, uh, Gloria Steinem
被列为她辩护基金的财务员
is listed as the treasurer of her defense fund.
她们都互相关联
They're all connected,
她们有很多钱和政♥治♥权利
and they have so much money and political power.
也许我们下个月可以致力于学习
And maybe we'll devote next month's study session
女性解放运动
to the women's liberation movement.
要不这次就讨论这个吧
Could we devote this session to it?
监狱好让人压抑
Prisons are depressing.
我觉得你写的关于
I thought your newsletter on the dangers
《平等权利修正案》危害的时事通讯非常棒
of the Equal Rights Amendment was fantastic.
我立刻联♥系♥了我们的两个参议员
I immediately called both our senators,
但修正案还是到了国会
but it made it through Congress anyway.
我也联♥系♥了 恐怕我们开始得太晚了
I did, too. I fear we got started too late.
阻止它还不算晚
Oh, it's not too late to stop it.
如果《平权修正案》没有在1979年3月22日前
If the ERA is not ratified by 38 states
获得38个州的正式批准 它就将失效
by March 22, 1979, it will die.
似乎有足够的时间
That seems like enough time.
我们不能让其得到正式批准
Well, we can't let it get ratified.
我们有很多艰巨工作要做
Well, we do have our work cut out for us.
女性解放运动让所有人相信
See, the women's liberation movement has convinced everybody
这是两党之间的问题
it's a bipartisan issue.
我们需要快速传出消息
So we need to get the word out fast
这具有争议
that it is controversial
我们这些主妇没有被代表
and that we homemakers are not being represented.
我们得发出声音
You know, we need to make some noise
让媒体注意到我们
and get the media to pay attention to us.
能搏得大众关注的人总是赢家
The person that everybody's paying attention to always wins.
-那一定是格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆 -她很出名
- That would be Gloria Steinem. - She's famous.
她们都是名人 我们只是一群无名之辈
They're all famous. We're nobodies.
即便我们上了一档新闻节目
Even if we could get a news program to give us some air time,
我们又能找谁当嘉宾
who would we send on as our guest?
-菲莉丝就有名气 -只在保守党内部而已
- Phyllis is famous. - Only in conservative circles.
-无意冒犯 -没事
- No offense. - Oh, none taken.
物以类聚人以群分嘛
You're judged by the company you keep.
也许应该让你当发言人 爱丽丝
Maybe you should be the spokesman, Alice,
毕竟你是全职主妇
since you're a full-time homemaker.
-不行 -我很乐意去
- No. - I'm happy to do it.
其实公众演讲
The thing about public speaking
比看上去要难
is that it's harder than it looks.
需要技巧才能说得看似轻而易举
There are some tricks to make it look easy.
我同意 菲莉丝最有经验 应该让她来
I agree. Phyllis has the most experience. She should do it.
那好吧 我把联♥系♥卡都发给你们
Well, all right. Well, I will, uh, send you all the phone tree
办一场投电报和投信运动
to kickstart a telegram and letter writing campaign
寄给我们的议员 你们都知道怎么做
to our representatives. I mean, you know the drill.
电♥话♥联♥系♥ 好友相告
Telephone and tell a friend.
形式会很像几个月前
It will be very much like the brilliant campaign
埃莉诺领导的抵♥制♥音乐剧《毛发》的运动
that Eleanor led against "Hair" a couple of months ago.
那确实是场较量
That was a battle.
我觉得当时的问题在于
You know, and I think the trouble was
里面有两首特别朗朗上口的歌♥
that there are two very catchy songs in the show.
人们一听到《水瓶时代》
So people would hear the music for "Aquarius"
和《沐浴阳光》
and "Let the Sunshine In,"
就觉得它跟音乐剧《俄克拉荷马》一样喜闻乐见
they think it was just like "Oklahoma!"
朱迪斯
Judith?
我是菲莉丝·施拉夫利
It's Phyllis Schlafly.
-我打来是... -我打来是想谈谈
- Yeah I'm calling about... - I'm calling about
即将在斯普林菲尔德举♥行♥的
the upcoming vote in Springfield
-有关批准 -有关批准
- on the ratification... - ...the ratification
《平等权利修正案》的投票事宜
of the Equal Rights Amendment.
芭芭拉·杰克逊
没错 我们正在发起一场投信活动
Yes, we're organizing a campaign to write letters.
你好 琼 我是帕梅拉 我们正在发起
Hi, Joan. It's Pamela. We are organizing
-一场投信活动 -我们会向
- a letter writing campaign... - And we are calling
我们的立法者致电和写信
and writing letters to our legislators...
我们正在发起一场活动
We're organizing a campaign
敦促他们投拒绝票 我们需要你的帮助
to urge them to vote "no," and we could use your help.
-你好 帕特里夏 我是帕梅拉 -梅乐蒂
- Hi, Patricia. It's Pamela. - Melody?
-芭芭拉 -莎伦
- Barbara. - Sharon?
我们什么时候打电♥话♥比较好
When are we supposed to make all these calls?
你能提早半小时哄你的孩子睡觉吗
Can you put your kids to bed a half-hour early?
或者更好的是 提早半小时
Or better yet, put your husband to bed
哄你的丈夫上♥床♥睡觉
a half-hour early.
我等大家都睡着后快速写了几封
I knock off a few letters after everyone's asleep.
-情况如何 -嗯 我明白
- How are we doing? - Hmm. Yes. I understand.
你听说了吗
You've heard it?
我已经等了好一会儿了
I've been holding for some time now.
你去告诉迪克·卡维特 媒体有责任
Well, you tell Dick Cavett that the media has a responsibility
为另一方发声 这是规定 叫做...
to present the other side. It's a rule. It's called the...
公平原则 公平原则
Fairness doctrine. The fairness doctrine.
-妈 -别跑
- Mom? - No running, please!
我有数学题不会做
I need help with my math homework.
-我来帮他 -多让他练练乘法表
- I'll help him. - Drill his times tables!
-谁还要咖啡 -我不该喝的 但是...
- Who wants more coffee? - Oh, I shouldn't, but...
谢谢 莉奥妮娅
Thank you, Leonia.
我要去邮局 把信都给我吧
I'm going to the post office. Give me your letters.
最后问一次
Last call for the post office.
一共有多少封信了
How many have we got?
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表