剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
我成年之后就只跟
I have spoken with exactly four men
四个男人说过话
in my entire adult life.
你的父亲 丈夫 儿子 还有...
Mm-hmm, your father, husband, son, and...
还有神父
And priest.
财务部长辞职 声称
...treasurer quit, telling people
辞职原因是妻子怀孕
it was because his wife was pregnant.
委员会主席约翰·米切尔...
The committee chairman, John Mitchell, has...
你知道我没法跟哪个人说话吗
Do you know who I can't even talk to?
我知道
I know.
真的太粗俗了
It was really vulgar.
对 确实非常不合适
Yes, it was. It was... very inappropriate.
你也这样想 我就安心多了
Oh, I am so relieved you feel the same way.
你能想象吗 如果玛丽·弗兰西斯
Can you imagine if Mary Frances
在公众场合对一位当选官员
said something like that in public
说那种话 还戴着"反对ERA"的胸针
to an elected official, wearing a STOP ERA pin?
你到底有多了解她
How well do you really know her?
我们大部分交流都是通过书信
Most of our communication has been through letters.
白人至上极端右翼组织
据我们所知 她很可能是
Well, she could be a member of
白人公民委员会的成员
the White Citizens Council for all we know.
而且她可能会当选
And she is probably going to be elected
路易斯安那州分会主席
head of the Louisiana chapter.
我该怎么办呢
What am I supposed to do?
把她踢出去
Kick her out.
她是个高效的组织者
She's an effective organizer.
她深受大家喜爱
She's very well-liked.
那她更是杀鸡儆猴的最佳人选
All the more reason to set an example.
他们说 谢丽·奇泽姆是个说实话的人
They say Shirley Chisholm tells it like it is.
所以我要说出真♥相♥
So I'm gonna tell it like it really is.
谢丽 欢迎来到迈阿密
现在 台下能听见我说话的女性中
There are women within range of my voice right now
有麦戈文的支持者
that support McGovern,
也有汉弗莱和瓦雷斯的支持者
and there are women that support Humphrey and Wallace,
这是你们的权利
and this is your right.
但如果你想让女性
But if you're talking about women
成为一股不容小觑的政♥治♥力量
becoming a political force to be reckoned with,
你就得决定是否要支持
you have to decide whether or not you're going to
那些关心女性权利的候选人
go with the candidate who cares about women's rights
而且愿意与你并肩奋战到底
and will go with you all the way down the line.
或你决定转向支持其他候选人
Or whether you'll support one of the other candidates
因为这是一直以来的惯例
because it has been the traditional thing to do.
在这个国家 每个人都应该有权利
In this country, everybody is supposed to be able
竞选总统 但这从来都是谎言
to run for president, but that has never really been true.
总要有一个开路先锋
Somebody had to do it first.
所以我做了
So I did it.
我这么做 是因为我是唯一一个有胆量
I did it because I was the only one who had the audacity
动摇这个体系的人
to shake this system up.
在第一轮投票时支持我
Go with me on the first ballot!
别糟蹋了手里的选票 我恳求你们
Don't play yourselves cheap. I beg you.
你们不是来这完成任务
You did not come here to be delivered!
说得好
Yes!
谢丽 谢丽 谢丽 谢丽
Shirley! Shirley! Shirley! Shirley!
所以你现在要打破规则
So now you're breaking the rules?
-谁的规则 -规则
- Whose rules? - The rules.
大会的规则 你疯了吗
There are rules to conventions. Have you lost your mind?
由谁来制定规则呢 全都是暗箱操作
Oh, and who gets to make the rules? It's rigged--
整个系统都是
the whole damned system,
被人操纵了太久
and it's been going on for so long,
以致你们都感觉不到身上的绳索了
and you don't even feel the strings.
麦戈文讲话的时候你要留在台上
You need to stay on the dais for McGovern's speech.
我很荣幸能够介绍
It is an honor to introduce
乔治·麦戈文参议员
Senator George McGovern.
我们今天能在这里 都靠他为党派改革斗争
We are here today because he fought for party reform.
这里的每一个女性都欠他一份感激
Every woman in this room owes him a debt of gratitude.
乔治
George.
贝拉 谢谢你
Bella, thank you so much.
谢谢你 贝拉
Thank you, Bella,
但我不能揽下所有功劳
but I can't take all the credit.
亚当也应当被赞扬
Some of it has to go to Adam.
夏娃 夏娃
Eve! Eve!
我是指亚当和夏娃
I meant Adam and Eve.
夏娃是被陷害的
Eve was framed!
对 谢谢提醒
Yes, yes, thank you for that.
我的朋友们 我们正在岔路口
You know, my friends, we're at a crossroads...
我懂 "头发越高 离上帝越近"
I know, "the higher the hair, the closer to God",
但我应该给她弥补错误的机会
but I think I need to give her the chance to make amends.
当然了 如果我说的话
But of course, if I say something...
听起来像是说教
It'll sound like a lecture.
这个嘛 可能会激怒她
Well, it, might put her nose out of joint.
你需要我说些什么吗
Do you want me to say something?
你很会处理人际关系
You have a way with people.
女士们好
Hello, ladies.
-这是做什么 -午餐费
- Oh, what's this for? - Lunch.
当心着点杰奎
Watch out for Jacquie.
她会放进5块 拿出10块
She'll put in a $5 and take out a $10.
你们昨晚在城里玩得开心吗
Oh, did you all have a good time on the town last night?
开心过头了 那里的床真是太舒服了
Oh, too much fun, and the beds are so comfortable.
-我睡得跟个婴儿似的 -真好
- I slept like a baby. - Good.
这酒店真是一流 就连佣人都是白人
This hotel is tip-top. Even the help is white.
我们下次会议就在这开吧
We should have our next meeting here.
在我们下次集♥会♥之前
Before our next get-together,
或许我们可以设立一些基本原则
maybe we could lay some ground rules.
比如
Uh, for example,
我觉得带有种族色彩的语言
I think using racially charged language
会玷污我们的组织 有损我们的使命
denigrates our organization and undermines our mission.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我只是觉得我们应该小心点 别太粗鲁
I just think we should be careful not to be crude.
谁粗鲁了
Who was being crude?
大家都拿到选举州领袖的选票了吗
Did everyone get their ballots for the state leader elections?
你说有人粗鲁 是谁
You said someone was being crude. Who was it?
坦白地说 你的一些用词
Uh, to be honest, some of the language you used
让我很不舒服
made me uncomfortable.
如果困扰这个国家的问题让你不舒服了
I'm sorry if the problems plaguing this country
那我可真抱歉
make you uncomfortable.
我以为这个地方能让我们
I thought this was supposed to be a place
畅所欲言
we could speak freely.
我想爱丽丝的意思是
Well, I think what Alice meant--
她什么意思 我们清楚得很
We know exactly what Alice meant.
不知道其他人怎么看
I don't know about the rest of you ladies,
反正我大老远跑来这 不是为了被人羞辱
but I sure didn't come all this way to be insulted.
别走呀
Well, you're not leaving.
我们在路易斯安那州没有你也好得很
We're doing just fine in Louisiana without you.
我们不需要你的华丽口号♥和文绉绉的用词
We don't need your fancy slogans or your big college words
一样能把《平权修正案》拒之门外
to keep the ERA out of our state.
这个嘛 也许是这样
Well, th-that may be so,
但我们确实需要团结起来
but we--we do need to be united,
这样才能在国家选举中赢得胜利
if we're going to have a successful national campaign.
留下来吧
Please stay.
好让你朋友怂恿别人
So your friends can get everyone else
投我的反对票吗 谢谢 还是不了
to vote against me? No, thank you.
有人反对让玛丽·弗兰西斯负责路易斯安那州
Uh, does anyone here object to making Mary Frances
和密西西比州的"反对ERA"活动吗
the head of STOP ERA in Louisiana and Mississippi?
安 你一直以来做得不错
Ann, uh, you're doing great things.
我觉得你应该负责俄克拉荷马州的活动
I think you deserve to lead the charge in, uh, Oklahoma.
杰奎 你负责德克萨斯州 还有
Jacquie, you'll head up the Texas and,
亚利桑那州的分部
Arizona, uh, chapters.
以及 好 萝丝玛丽 你负责伊利诺伊州好吗
And, uh, yes, uh, Rosemary, you wanna head up, uh, Illinois?
好的
Oh, yes.
这样行了吗
Does that settle it?
好的 我会总结一份和媒体交谈时
Okay. Well, I will put together some talking points
我们都能用上的谈话要点
that we can all refer to when talking to the media.
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表